Bernedoodle Puppies for Sale in Illinois
Bernedoodles are a new designer breed that is a mix of a Bernese Mountain Dog and a Poodle. They are large dogs and can weigh up to 100 pounds. Bernedoodles make great family pets because they are so friendly and loving. They are also very intelligent and are easy to train.
If you are looking for a Bernedoodle puppy, there are many breeders in Illinois to choose from. We have provided a detailed list of reputable breeders throughout the state. The Bernedoodle Club of America also has a list of member breeders on their website, and you can also find breeder listings online. Make sure you choose a reputable breeder who tests their dogs for genetic health problems and breeds for sound temperament.
Bernedoodles are still fairly new, so they may not be as readily available as some of the more popular breeds. But, with their adorable looks and great temperament, we expect that their popularity will continue to grow in the years to come.
Thanks for reading! We hope you have found this information helpful. Be sure to check out our website for more information on puppies and dog breeds, along with our breeders list down below.
Bernedoodle Breeders List in Illinois
|Walnut Valley Puppies||Flat Rock, IL||812-821-6166||Website|
|Hanging Rock Doodles||Flora, IL||618-843-4847||Website|
|Central Illinois Doodles||Arthur, IL||217-549-7589||Website|
|Awesome Paws||Poplar Grove, IL||224-639-6601||Website|
|Ericas Doodles||Beecher, IL||708-424-0712||Website|
|Bernedoodles of The Open Prairie||Arthur, IL||217-273-2980||Website|
|Massbach Mesa Goldendoodles &
|Maple Valley Puppies||Robinson, IL||618-553-1265||Website|
|Designer Bernedoodles||Arthur, IL||217-460-1313||Website|
Bernedoodles Breeder Details in Illinois
Alternative Places to Purchase a Bernedoodle Puppy
Bernedoodle Breeders in Other States
- Bernedoodle Breeders In Iowa
- Bernedoodle Breeders In Michigan
- Bernedoodle Breeders In Minnesota
- Bernedoodle Breeders In Wisconsin
For the complete list please see our Bernedoodle Breeders List page.
What Is The Average Price for A Bernedoodle Puppy in Illinois?
The average price for a Bernedoodle puppy in Illinois is $1,500. However, prices can vary depending on the breeder, the specific dog you choose, and the availability of puppies. Some breeders may charge more for a rarer color or coat type. You should also expect to pay more for a Bernedoodle if you are looking for a show-quality dog or one with a particularly desirable pedigree.
When choosing a Bernedoodle breeder, be sure to ask about the health clearances of the parents and any other relatives of the litter. The parents should have OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals) certification for hips and elbows, as well as CERF (Canine Eye Registry Foundation).
Is It Possible to Find A Free Bernedoodle Puppy in Illinois?
You might be wondering if you can find a free Bernedoodle puppy in Illinois. After all, who doesn’t love the idea of a cute, cuddly Bernedoodle pup? The truth is, however, that finding a free Bernedoodle puppy is probably not going to be easy. While there are certainly Bernedoodles available for adoption in shelters and rescue groups across the country, the vast majority of these dogs are mixed-breeds that have only a small amount of Bernese Mountain Dog or Standard Poodle in them.
If you’re looking for a purebred Bernedoodle, your best bet is to search for a reputable breeder who specializes in this hybrid breed. Fortunately, there are several excellent Bernedoodle breeders in Illinois.
How to Find A Responsible Bernedoodle Breeder in Illinois
As we mentioned, there are a plethora of responsible, reputable Bernedoodle breeders in Illinois. Here are a few tips in finding the best Bernedoodle breeder you can:
- Do your research. Just like with anything else in life, it’s important to do your homework before you commit to working with a specific breeder. Read reviews, check out their website, and talk to other dog owners who have purchased puppies from the breeder in the past.
- Ask questions. Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential breeders, be sure to ask lots of questions about their dogs, their breeding practices, and what you can expect as a new puppy owner. A responsible breeder should be more than happy to answer any and all of your questions.
- Get referrals. If you know someone who has recently purchased a Bernedoodle puppy, ask them for referrals to the breeder they used. This can be an excellent way to find a top-notch breeder in your area.
- Visit the facility. Once you’ve found a breeder you’re interested in working with, be sure to schedule a time to visit their facility in person. This will give you a chance to see the puppies and the parents, meet the staff, and get a feel for the overall operation.
- Ask for references. Any reputable breeder should be able to provide you with references from past clients. These references can be invaluable in helping you make your final decision about which Bernedoodle breeder to work with.
The Bottom Line
When it comes to finding a free Bernedoodle puppy in Illinois, the best bet is to search for a reputable, responsible breeder who specializes in this hybrid breed. With a little bit of research, you should be able to find the perfect Bernedoodle pup for your family.
Visit Your Illinois Bernedoodle Breeder in Person
Now that you know how to find a reputable Bernedoodle breeder in Illinois, it’s time to pay them a visit. This will give you a chance to see the puppies and the parents, meet the staff, and get a feel for the overall operation.
When you visit the breeder, be sure to ask lots of questions about their dogs, their breeding practices, and what you can expect as a new puppy owner. A responsible breeder should be more than happy to answer any and all of your questions.
Visiting your breeder will allow you to see the cleanliness of their facility, how the dogs are kept and meet the staff. This is an important part of choosing a breeder, as you want to be sure that the puppies are being raised in a clean, safe environment.
Additionally, visiting the breeder will give you a chance to meet the parents of the puppies. This is important, as you’ll be able to get an idea of the temperament and personality of the puppies.
If possible, try to visit the breeder more than once.
If you’re looking for a purebred Bernedoodle puppy, there’s no better place to start your search than with a reputable breeder in Illinois. With a little bit of research, you should be able to find the perfect pup for your family.
Questions to Ask
Ask for References from Your Bernedoodle Breeder in Illinois
Most responsible Bernedoodle breeders in Illinois will be more than happy to provide you with references from past clients. These references can be invaluable in helping you make your final decision about which breeder to work with.
References will be able to tell you about the quality of the puppies, the breeder’s facilities, and the overall experience of working with the breeder.
If the breeder you’re interested in doesn’t have any references, it’s probably best to move on and find someone else. A reputable breeder will always be happy to provide references from past clients.
Ask Your Illinois Bernedoodle Breeder If You Can Meet Past Customers
A reputable Bernedoodle breeder in Illinois should have no problem putting you in touch with past clients. This will give you an opportunity to ask them about their experience with the breeder and the puppies they purchased.
Asking to meet past customers is a great way to learn more about the quality of the puppies, the breeder’s facilities, and the overall experience of working with the breeder.
Meeting past customers will allow you insight into the temperament and personality of the puppies. If the breeder you’re interested in doesn’t have any past customers, it’s probably best to move on.
Does Your Illinois Bernedoodle Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
A good breeder will want to make sure that their dogs are healthy and well-cared for, so they will likely have a good relationship with a local veterinarian. Ask the breeder who they use and why they like them. This can give you some insight into the level of care that the breeder provides for their dogs.
A good breeder/veterinarian relationship is important for many reasons. Good breeders will want to make sure their dogs are up-to-date on vaccinations and routine health care. They will also want to be able to ask the veterinarian questions about their dogs’ health and care. This relationship can also be helpful if you have any questions or concerns about your dog’s health after you take them home.
Does The Breeder Offer A Health Guarantee?
A good breeder will offer some sort of health guarantee on their puppies. This shows that they are confident in the health of their dogs and are willing to stand behind them. Be sure to ask about what is covered in the health guarantee and for how long it is valid.
Make sure you get this guarantee in writing so that you can refer back to it if you have any problems with your dog’s health.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Bernedoodle Dog Breeder in Illinois
There are many reputable Bernedoodle breeders in Illinois, but there are also some that are not so reputable. Here are some signs to look for if you think you might be dealing with an unethical breeder:
- They are not registered with the American Kennel Club (AKC) or any other national registry
- The puppies are very cheap, especially compared to similar breeds
- The puppies are being sold at a pet store or online
- There is no contract or health guarantee provided
- The breeder does not have a good relationship with a local veterinarian
If you see any of these signs, it is best to walk away and find a reputable breeder.
Ask The Illinois Breeder If Your Bernedoodle Puppy Has Any Health Problems
One of the best ways to find a good breeder is to ask them about the health of their dogs. A good breeder will be happy to tell you about any health problems their dogs have and how they are being treated. They should also be able to provide you with paperwork from the veterinarian that shows that the puppies have been examined and are healthy.
If the breeder does not want to talk about the health of their dogs, it is best to walk away. This is not a sign of a reputable breeder.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Bernedoodle Puppy
Once you have found a reputable breeder and chosen your puppy, there are some things you need to do to prepare your home for their arrival.
Here are some things to do to get your home ready for a new puppy:
- Choose a room for the puppy to sleep in and set up their bed, food, water, and toys there
- Puppies need to be kept on a regular potty schedule, so choose an area of the yard for them to go to the bathroom in and take them there often
- If you have other pets, introduce them slowly and supervised at first
- Make sure all poisonous plants and chemicals are out of reach
- Put away anything that the puppy could chew on or destroy
- Remove any small objects from the floor that could be swallowed
- Be prepared to housetrain your puppy and to give them plenty of exercise
- If you can, take a few days off work when the puppy comes home so you can spend time training and getting to know them
- By preparing your home and understanding what to expect from your Bernedoodle puppy, you will be ready for their arrival.
These tips will help you find a reputable Bernedoodle breeder in Illinois and get your new puppy off to a great start. Good luck!
Potty Training Your New Bernedoodle Puppy
One of the first things you need to do when you bring your new Bernedoodle puppy home is potty-train them. This can be a challenging process, but it is important to start as soon as possible so that your puppy can learn where they should go to the bathroom.
Here are some tips for potty training your Bernedoodle puppy:
- Take your puppy outside often, especially after they eat or drink, and praise them when they go to the bathroom in the correct spot
- If you catch your puppy going to the bathroom inside, scold them firmly and take them outside immediately
- Keep a close eye on your puppy at all times and confine them to a small area if necessary
- Use positive reinforcement such as treats or praise to encourage your puppy to go to the bathroom in the right spot
It can take a while for puppies to learn where they should go to the bathroom, but with patience and consistency, you can successfully potty train them.
Exercise Is Important for Your Bernedoodle Puppy
Bernedoodle puppies need plenty of exercise in order to stay healthy and happy. A good way to provide them with the exercise they need is to take them for walks or play with them in the yard.
Make sure you are prepared to give your Bernedoodle puppy plenty of exercise before you get them, and be consistent with it once they come home. This will help them grow into healthy, happy dogs.