Cane Corso Puppies for Sale in Delaware
The Cane Corso is a large Italian molosser, which is closely related to the Neapolitan Mastiff. The breed descends from the ancient Roman Canis Pugnax and was commonly used as a guard dog and for hunting.
Today, the Cane Corso is still used as a working dog in many different capacities, but they have also gained popularity as loyal and affectionate family pets. If you are interested in adding a Cane Corso to your home, you may be wondering where to find reputable Cane Corso Breeders in Delaware DE.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
Here are some tips that may help you in your search:
- Check our list- Check out our list of reputable Cane Corso breeders in Delaware DE.
- Ask around- Chances are good that you know someone who owns a Cane Corso or who has bred them in the past. Ask these people for recommendations on good breeders in your area.
- Do your research- Once you have a few names, take some time to research each breeder. Look for reviews online, and talk to other Cane Corso owners who have purchased puppies from the breeder in question.
- Visit the breeders- Once you have narrowed down your choices, pay a visit to each of the breeders on your list. This will give you a chance to meet the puppies and see the conditions in which they are being raised.
When choosing a Cane Corso Breeder in Delaware DE, it is important to find one that is reputable and that you feel comfortable with. Taking the time to do your research will find you the best puppy for your family.
Cane Corso Breeders List in Delaware
|Hall’s Cane Corso||Georgetown, DE||302-841-9859||Website|
|Kingdom River Cane Corso||Frederica, DE||302-469-0132||No Website|
|Iron Gate Cane Corso||Delmar, MD||443-783-2040||Website|
|Spirit of Wisdom Rottweiler And Cane Corso||Lusby, MD||301-674-9837||No Website|
Cane Corso Breeder Details in Delaware
Kingdom River Cane Corso
Spirit of Wisdom Rottweiler And Cane Corso
Alternative Places to Purchase a Cane Corso Puppy
Cane Corso Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our Cane Corso List page.
What Is The Average Price for A Cane Corso Puppy in Delaware?
The average price for a Cane Corso puppy in Delaware is $2000.
This breed is not common in Delaware, so prices may be higher than average. Be sure to do your research before purchasing a puppy from any breeder, and only buy from a reputable source.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Cane Corso Puppy in Delaware?
The answer to this question is both yes and no. While there are a number of Cane Corso breeders in Delaware, it may be difficult to find one that is willing to give away a free puppy. However, there are a number of ways that you can go about finding a breeder who may be willing to do this.
One way to find a Cane Corso breeder in Delaware is to search online. There are a number of websites that list breeders in the area, and many of them will have contact information listed.
You can also check with your local humane society or animal shelter, as they may know of breeders who are looking to rehome their dogs.
How Long Do Cane Corsos Live?
The average lifespan of a Cane Corso is 10-12 years. However, there are a number of factors that can affect this, such as diet, exercise, and genetics.
What Colors are Cane Corsos?
While the Cane Corso is typically a black or grey dog, they can also be brindled, fawn, or red.
Do Cane Corsos Shed?
Yes, Cane Corsos do shed. However, they are not considered to be a heavy shedding breed.
How to Find A Responsible Cane Corso Breeder in Delaware
Responsible breeders will want to meet you and learn about your lifestyle before placing one of their puppies with you. They will also provide health clearances for the parents of the puppies and offer a health guarantee.
Here are a few tips on how to find a responsible Cane Corso Breeder in Delaware DE:
- Ask around. Talk to your veterinarian, friends, and family who may know of reputable breeders in your area.
- Do your research. Once you have a few names, visit the websites of the breeders and get to know them and their dogs.
- Visit the breeder. This is an important step in getting to know the breeder and seeing the environment in which the puppies are raised.
- Ask questions. Be sure to ask the breeder about health clearances, guarantees, and anything else that is important to you.
By following these tips, you will be on your way to finding a responsible Cane Corso Breeder in Delaware and bringing home a happy and healthy new puppy!
Visit Your Delaware Cane Corso Breeder in Person
When you’re looking for a new puppy, it’s important to do your research and visit the breeder in person. This will help you ensure that the breeder is reputable and that the puppies are healthy and well-cared for.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when visiting a Cane Corso breeder in Delaware:
- Ask to see the parents of the puppies. This will give you an idea of what your puppy will look like when they’re fully grown.
- Make sure the breeder can provide you with health clearances for the parents of the puppies. This means that the parents have been screened for genetic diseases and are cleared to have healthy offspring.
- Observe the puppies to see if they seem healthy and well-cared for.
- Ask the breeder questions about the Cane Corso breed, their experience with the breed, and what you can expect as a new owner.
By doing your research and visiting the breeder in person, you can be sure that you’re getting a healthy puppy from a reputable source.
Questions to Ask
Ask for References from Your Cane Corso Breeder in Delaware
If you are interested in purchasing a Cane Corso, make sure that you ask the breeder for references.
A reputable breeder will have no problem providing references from past customers, as well as veterinarians and other professionals. This will allow you to get a better idea of what to expect when dealing with this particular breeder.
References will be able to tell you a lot about the quality of the puppies that the breeder sells, as well as their customer service skills.
If a breeder is unwilling to provide references, it is best to move on to another breeder who is more reputable.
Does Your Delaware Cane Corso Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
If you are looking for a Cane Corso Breeder in Delaware, make sure that the breeder has a good relationship with a local veterinarian.
A good breeder will want to make sure that their puppies are healthy and will work with a vet to make sure that they are getting the best possible care. If you are looking at purchasing a Cane Corso Puppy, make sure to ask about the vet that they use and if they are happy with the care that they have received.
Look Out for The Signs of An Unethical Cane Corso Dog Breeder in Delaware
Unfortunately, not all breeders have the best interests of the dogs at heart, and some may even be involved in unethical breeding practices.
Here are a few signs to watch out for that may indicate an unethical Cane Corso dog breeder:
- The breeder has multiple litters of puppies available at all times.
- The breeder refuses to let you meet the puppy’s parents.
- The breeder keeps the puppies in cramped, dirty conditions.
- The breeder seems more interested in making a sale than finding the right home for each puppy.
- The breeder sells puppies without requiring any type of contract or agreement.
- The breeder refuses to provide health records or papers for the puppy.
If you come across a Cane Corso dog breeder in Delaware who shows any of these signs, it’s best to move on and look elsewhere.
A reputable and ethical breeder will be happy to answer all of your questions, show you around their facility, and help you find the perfect puppy for your family.
Ask The Delaware Breeder if Your Cane Corso Puppy Has Any Health Problems
Like all dogs, the Cane Corso can be susceptible to certain health problems.
That’s why it’s important to ask the breeder about the health history of your puppy’s parents and grandparents. You should also make sure that your puppy has been examined by a veterinarian and given all the necessary vaccinations.
Here are some of the most common health problems seen in Cane Corsos:
Hip Dysplasia: This is a condition in which the hip joints are not properly formed, causing pain and lameness. It is more common in larger dogs but can occur in any breed.
Elbow Dysplasia: This is a similar condition affecting the elbow joints. It too can cause pain and lameness.
Eye Problems: Cane Corsos are prone to several eye problems, including cataracts, entropion (inward-rolling eyelids), and ectropion (outward-rolling eyelids).
Cardiac Disease: The Cane Corso is susceptible to a number of heart conditions, including aortic stenosis (narrowing of the aorta) and pulmonic stenosis (narrowing of the pulmonary artery).
These health problems are not going to affect every Cane Corso however, they are susceptible to all of these issues.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Cane Corso Puppy
The Cane Corso is a large, powerful breed that is known for being loyal and protective. These dogs are not for everyone, and if you are not prepared for them, they can be a handful.
If you are thinking about getting a Cane Corso puppy, here are some things you need to do to prepare your home:
1. Get rid of anything breakable. These dogs are big and strong, and they like to play rough. Anything that can be broken or knocked over should be removed from their reach.
2. Puppy-proof your home. Just like with small children, you need to make sure there are no small objects or items that your puppy could choke on. You also need to make sure there are no poisonous plants or chemicals within reach.
3. Create a safe space. This is where your puppy will sleep, eat, and play. It should be large enough for them to move around in, but not so large that they feel lost. It should also be away from any areas where there is a lot of foot traffic.
4. Get the right supplies. You will need a food and water bowl, a bed, toys, and a leash. You may also want to get a crate to help with potty training and keeping your puppy contained when you are not home.
5. Meet your neighbors. Cane Corsos are known for being loyal and protective, so it is important that your neighbors know about your new dog. This will help them be prepared in case your puppy ever gets out.
6. Talk to your vet. Before you bring your puppy home, you should talk to your vet about vaccinations, worming, and flea/tick prevention. You should also ask about the best food.
With these tips, you’ll be well on your way to creating a wonderful life for you and your Cane Corso puppy.
The Benefits of Purchasing A Cane Corso from A Reputable Breeder
When you are looking for a Cane Corso in Delaware, it is important that you find a reputable breeder. There are many benefits to purchasing your dog from a reputable breeder, including:
1. A reputable breeder will have a wealth of knowledge about the Cane Corso breed and will be able to answer any questions you have.
2. A reputable breeder will have healthy, well-socialized puppies who are ready to join your family.
3. A reputable breeder will offer a health guarantee on their puppies, so you can be confident in your investment.
4. A reputable breeder will be able to provide you with references from other satisfied customers.
When you purchase your Cane Corso from a reputable source, you can be confident that you are getting a healthy, well-adjusted puppy who will be a beloved member of your family for years to come.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.