Cane Corso Puppies for Sale in Tennessee
If you are looking for Cane Corso puppies for sale in Tennessee, you’ve come to the right place.
Here at ReadPlease, we have gathered all of the information on Cane Corso breeders in Tennesse so that you can make an informed decision on which one is right for you.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
The Cane Corso is an ancient Italian breed, developed to guard property and hunt big game.
Today, they are still used as guard dogs and hunting companions but are also popular family pets.
Cane Corso puppies are large and muscular, with a short, thick coat that comes in black, brindle, or fawn.
They are intelligent and trainable but require firm handling and early socialization to prevent them from becoming too aggressive.
If you think a Cane Corso might be the right breed for you, read on to learn more about Cane Corsos and find out if there is a Cane Corso breeder in Tennessee who can help you find the perfect pup.
Cane Corso Breeders List in Tennessee
|Dearstone Ridge Cane Corsos||Greeneville, TN||423-823-1247||No Website|
|Heaven Sent Kennels||Memphis, TN||901-246-9734||Website|
|Worldwide Cane Corso||Mc Ewen, TN||810-459-9630||Website|
|Bellissima Cane Corso||Kingsport, TN||423-914-3754||Website|
|Big Country Cane Corso||Unionville, TN||615-587-9968||No Website|
Cane Corso Breeder Details in Tennessee
Dearstone Ridge Cane Corsos
Heaven Sent Kennels
Worldwide Cane Corso
Mc Ewen, TN
Bellissima Cane Corso
Big Country Cane Corso
Alternative Places to Purchase a Cane Corso Puppy
Cane Corso Breeders in Other States
- Cane Corso Breeders In Georgia
- Cane Corso Breeders In Missouri
- Cane Corso Breeders In North-Carolina
- Cane Corso Breeders In South-Carolina
For the complete list please see our Cane Corso List page.
What Is The Average Price for A Cane Corso Puppy in Tennessee?
The average price for a Cane Corso puppy in Tennessee is $1,500.
However, prices can vary depending on the breeder, the litter size, the color of the puppies, and whether they are show quality or pet quality.
Cane Corso Rescue Organizations in Tennessee
If you’re not ready to commit to a puppy but still want to add a Cane Corso to your family, you could always adopt an adult dog from a rescue organization.
Cane Corsos are sometimes surrendered to rescues when their owners can no longer care for them, so there is always a need for adoptive families.
Before you adopt, make sure you’re prepared to deal with an adult dog’s behaviors and needs.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Cane Corso Puppy in Tennessee?
If you’re looking for a free Cane Corso puppy in Tennessee, you’re out of luck. The Cane Corso is a rare breed, and there simply aren’t many of them available – let alone for free.
However, all hope is not lost. There are still some ways to get your hands on a Cane Corso puppy in Tennessee without spending a fortune.
The first option is to check with local Cane Corso breeders in Tennessee. Many breeders have litters of puppies available throughout the year, and while they may not be free, they are usually much cheaper than buying from a pet store or breeder outside of the state.
You can also check online classifieds websites like Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. These websites often have people selling Cane Corso puppies for a fraction of the price you would pay at a pet store.
How to Find A Responsible Cane Corso Breeder in Tennessee
When you are looking for a Cane Corso Breeder in Tennessee, it is important that you find one that is responsible and has the dog’s best interests at heart.
There are many things to consider when choosing a breeder, such as their experience, reputation, health testing, and more. Here are some tips on how to find a responsible Cane Corso Breeder in Tennessee:
1. Do your research – Before you even start contacting breeders, it is important that you do your homework and learn as much as you can about the Cane Corso breed. This includes understanding their temperament, health problems, exercise needs, and more. You can find this information online or by talking to other Cane Corso owners.
2. Ask around – Once you have a good understanding of the breed, reach out to your network of friends, family, and other dog owners and see if they know of any reputable Cane Corso Breeders in Tennessee.
3. Check online directories – There are several online directories that list Cane Corso Breeders in Tennessee, such as the American Kennel Club (AKC) Breeder Directory and the Cane Corso Association of America (CCAA) Breeder Directory.
4. Contact the breeder – When you have found a few potential breeders, reach out to them and ask questions about their dogs, breeding practices, and more. A responsible breeder should be able to answer all of your questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
5. Visit the breeder – Once you have narrowed down your choices, it is important to visit the breeder’s facility in person. This will give you a chance to see the conditions that the dogs are living in and meet the parents.
These are just a few of the tips on finding a responsible Cane Corso breeder.
Visit Your Tennessee Cane Corso Breeder in Person
When you are looking for a new dog, it is always best to visit the breeder in person. This way you can see the living conditions of the dogs and meet the people who will be taking care of your new pet.
You should also ask to see the parents of the puppy you are interested in, as this will give you an idea of what your dog will be like when he or she grows up.
Here are some things to look for when visiting a Cane Corso breeder:
- The dogs should be well cared for and have plenty of space to run and play.
- The breeding facility should be clean and well-organized.
- The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable about the breed.
- The breeder should be able to answer all of your questions about the Cane Corso.
- You should feel comfortable with the breeder and have a good feeling about the puppies.
Once you have found a reputable Cane Corso breeder in Tennessee, you will be on your way to owning a healthy and happy new pet.
Questions to Ask
Ask for References from Your Cane Corso Breeder in Tennessee
A responsible breeder will have references from other dog owners who have purchased puppies from them in the past. These references can provide you with information about the breeder’s reputation, as well as the health and temperaments of the puppies they have sold.
When speaking with references, be sure to ask specific questions about their experience with the breeder. Some things you may want to ask include:
- How was the overall experience dealing with the Cane Corso breeder?
- Were you pleased with the puppy you received?
- Has the puppy been healthy since you’ve had them?
- Would you purchase another puppy from this breeder in the future?
If a Cane Corso breeder in Tennessee does not have any references for you to speak with, this is a red flag and you should move on to another breeder.
Take A Tour of The Breeder’s Facility
A responsible Cane Corso breeder will be happy to show you around the facility where the puppies are raised. This will give you a chance to see the conditions that the puppies are living in and meet their parents.
When touring the breeding facility, pay attention to the cleanliness of the environment and whether or not the dogs appear to be well-cared for. The puppies should be healthy and friendly, and the parents should not be aggressive.
Ask Your Tennessee Cane Corso Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
You should always be able to meet at least some of the past customers of your Cane Corso breeder. This will give you a good idea about the type of people they are and how they treat their animals.
A reputable breeder will have no problem with you meeting past customers and will usually be happy to put you in touch with them.
Meeting past customers will give you inside information about the type of pups your breeder produces, their health and temperament.
You will also get an insight into what it is like to work with your Cane Corso breeder and how they handle any problems that may arise.
Be Wary of Backyard Breeders And Puppy Mills
There are many backyard breeders and puppy mills in Tennessee that are churning out Cane Corsos without any regard for the health or welfare of the dogs.
These dogs are often sick and have a host of genetic problems that can make them difficult to care for. You should always avoid buying a dog from one of these places.
Does Your Tennessee Cane Corso Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
This is extremely important, especially if you do not have a good veterinarian of your own. A good breeder will want to make sure that their puppies are healthy and free from any genetic defects or illnesses.
They will also want to make sure that their dogs are up to date on all of their vaccinations. If a breeder does not have a good veterinarian, then this could be a sign that they are not as reputable as they claim to be.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Cane Corso Dog Breeder in Tennessee
When you are looking for a Cane Corso dog breeder in Tennessee, it is important to find one that adheres to ethical breeding practices. Unfortunately, not all breeders operate ethically, and some may even be outright scams.
Here are a few signs to watch out for that may indicate an unethical breeder:
- The breeder refuses to let you meet the parents of the puppy you’re interested in. This is a major red flag, as it could mean the breeder is hiding something about the parent dogs’ health or temperament.
- The breeder has numerous litters of puppies available at any given time. Ethical breeders typically only have one or two litters per year.
- The breeder is not knowledgeable about the Cane Corso breed and cannot answer your questions about the breed.
- The breeder pressures you into making a purchase or signing a contract without giving you time to think it over.
If you encounter any of these red flags, it’s best to steer clear of that breeder and find one that is more reputable.
Ask The Tennessee Breeder if Your Cane Corso Puppy Has Any Health Problems
A responsible Tennessee Cane Corso Breeder will want to know if your puppy has any health problems. They will also want to know if you have any questions about the health of your puppy.
A good breeder/veterinarian relationship is vital to the health of any puppy.
If for some reason a breeder does not want to answer your questions, or if they are not willing to provide documentation that the puppy is healthy, then you should look elsewhere for your next pet.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Cane Corso Puppy
Congratulations on your new Cane Corso puppy! Bringing a new puppy home is an exciting time, but it can also be a bit overwhelming. There are lots of things you need to do to get your home ready for your new arrival, and we’re here to help.
One of the most important things you can do to prepare your home for your Cane Corso puppy is Puppy-Proofing. This simply means going through your home and identifying anything that could be dangerous or harmful to a young puppy, and taking steps to remove or protect those hazards.
Common household items that can be dangerous for puppies include:
• Electrical cords
• Small objects that can be swallowed or choked on
• Sharp objects
• Chemicals and cleaning products
• Plants that are poisonous to dogs
• Trash cans and garbage
Puppy-Proofing your home doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Start by taking a walk through your home and looking at everything from your puppy’s perspective. Get down on the floor and look around, paying attention to anything that could be within your puppy’s reach.
Once you have identified potential hazards, take steps to remove them or make them safe.
Potty Training Your New Cane Corso Puppy
The first thing you need to do when potty training your new Cane Corso puppy is to create a schedule.
It is important that you take your puppy out to the designated potty area frequently so they can learn where they are supposed to go. A good rule of thumb is to take them out every two hours after they wake up from a nap, and before they go to bed at night.
Each time you take them out, give them plenty of time to sniff around and explore their surroundings. Once they relieve themselves, be sure to praise them lavishly so they know they’ve done something good.
If you catch your puppy in the act of having an accident inside the house, scold them firmly but do not punish them. It is important to remember that puppies have very short attention spans and they will not understand why you are angry if you punish them after the fact.
The best way to potty train your Cane Corso puppy is to be consistent, patient and positive. With a little time and patience, your puppy will learn where they are supposed to go to the bathroom in no time.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.