Golden Retriever Puppies for Sale in Iowa
Looking for a Golden Retriever breeder in Iowa? You’ve come to the right place. Golden Retrievers are one of the most popular breeds in the United States, and for good reason – they make wonderful family pets.
Golden Retrievers are intelligent and friendly, and they love to play fetch. They also make great service dogs, as they are patient and gentle with children and other animals.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
If you’re looking for a Golden Retriever puppy, be sure to check out our list of breeders in Iowa down below.
There is no shortage of quality Golden Retriever breeders in Iowa.
Golden Retriever Breeders List in Iowa
|Red Rock Goldens||Pella, IA||641-780-8453||Website|
|Freedom Retrievers||Winterset, IA||515-468-3048||Website|
|Trumpeter’s Golden Retrievers||Exline, IA||641-895-4345||Website|
|PrairieWyn Golden Retriever||Pacific Junction, IA||712-527-3096||Website|
|Walker Hollow Golden Retrievers||Mediapolis, IA||319-759-7685||Website|
|Kenland’s Golden Retrievers||Pleasantville, IA||641-891-7969||Website|
|Loess Hills Sawmill Golden Retrievers||Glenwood, IA||712-242-6047||Website|
|Royal Golden Retrievers||Arlington, IA||563-380-2564||Website|
|Midwest Golden Canines||Indianola, IA||515-991-0096||Website|
|Lehman’s Retrievers||Elma, IA||641-229-7171||No Website|
Golden Retriever Breeder Details in Iowa
Red Rock Goldens
Trumpeter’s Golden Retrievers
PrairieWyn Golden Retriever
Pacific Junction, IA
Walker Hollow Golden Retrievers
Kenland’s Golden Retrievers
Loess Hills Sawmill Golden Retrievers
Royal Golden Retrievers
Midwest Golden Canines
Alternative Places to Purchase a Golden Retriever Puppy
Golden Retriever Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our List of Golden Retriever Breeders page.
What Is The Average Price for A Golden Retriever Puppy in Iowa?
The average price for a Golden Retriever puppy in Iowa varies depending on the breeder, but you can expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $1,200.
A few factors that might drive the price up are:
- The location of the breeder
- The pedigree of the puppy
- Whether or not the breeder offers a guarantee.
First, make sure that the breeder is registered with the American Kennel Club (AKC). This is not mandatory, but it is a sign that the breeder is serious about their dogs and takes pride in their breeding program.
Second, ask to see the parents of the puppies. reputable breeders will be happy to show you their dogs, and you can get a good idea of the quality of their breeding practices.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Golden Retriever Puppy in Iowa?
It is possible to find a free Golden Retriever puppy in Iowa, but it is not easy. Most people who are giving away their puppies are looking for good homes, not just someone to take the dog off their hands.
That said, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of finding a free Golden Retriever puppy:
- Check online classifieds websites like Craigslist and Nextdoor.
- Look for postings on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Visit local animal shelters and rescue organizations.
- Network with friends, family, and your local community.
If you’re willing to put in some time and effort, you can definitely find a free Golden Retriever puppy in Iowa. Just be prepared to answer a lot of questions and be ready for a lot of scrutiny.
How to Find A Responsible Golden Retriever Breeder in Iowa
If you’re looking for a golden retriever, it’s important to find a responsible breeder. Responsible breeders care about their dogs and their puppies. They place a high priority on breeding healthy dogs with sound temperaments. They also make sure that their puppies are placed in the right homes.
So, how do you find a responsible golden retriever breeder in Iowa? Start by doing your research. The internet is a great resource for finding breeders near you. You can also check with your local dog clubs or rescue organizations.
When you contact a breeder, ask them about their breeding program. How long have they been breeding golden retrievers? Do they health test their dogs? What kind of guarantee do they offer on their puppies?
If you’re not sure whether a breeder is responsible, ask for references. Responsible breeders are happy to provide references from past buyers.
When you find a responsible breeder, you can be assured that you’re getting a healthy, well-socialized puppy. And that’s what we all want when we bring a new dog into our lives.
Visit Your Iowa Golden Retriever Breeder in Person
After you’ve picked a few potential breeders, don’t forget to visit them in person. This will give you a chance to see the puppies and their parents, and to ask any questions you have.
When you visit, be sure to ask about the health of both the parents and the puppies. Good breeders will have documentation on both. They’ll also be able to tell you about the personality of the breed and what to expect from your puppy as it grows up.
If you’re interested in a particular puppy, be sure to ask the breeder about its health and temperament. The breeder should be happy to answer any questions you have. Finding a good Iowa golden retriever breeder is an important step in finding your new furry friend. By following these tips, you’re sure to find a breeder who will
Questions to Ask
Ask for References from Your Golden Retriever Breeder in Iowa
When looking for a golden retriever breeder in Iowa, be sure to ask for references from others who have purchased puppies from them. This will help you get an idea of the quality of puppies the breeder produces and how well they take care of their dogs. Make sure to visit the breeder’s home and see the conditions the puppies are being raised in. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to ask the breeder before purchasing a puppy.
References will be able to tell you about the quality of puppies a breeder produces and about the temperament of the puppies bred by that particular breeder. This is important information to have, as you’ll want to make sure your new puppy has a good temperament and will be a good fit for your family.
Ask Your Iowa Golden Retriever Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
When you are looking for a golden retriever breeder in Iowa, it is important to ask if you can meet some of the breeder’s past customers. This will help you get an idea of the quality of the breeder’s dogs and the breeder’s breeding program.
Past customers can tell you about the transaction process, the quality of the dogs, and the breeder’s customer service. They can also tell you about the health and temperament of the puppies that were bred by the breeder.
If you can’t meet any of the breeder’s past customers, you should ask for references. References are people who have purchased puppies from the breeder in the past and are happy with their experience. References can tell you about the quality of the dogs and the breeder’s customer service.
Make sure to ask lots of questions when you are talking to references and past customers. This will help you get a good idea of whether or not this is the right breeder for you.
It is also important to ask the breeder about the health and temperament of their dogs. A good breeder will be happy to answer all of your questions and will be willing to provide references.
If you are interested in a specific puppy, be sure to ask the breeder if that pup is still available. It is also a good idea to ask about the age and size of the puppies so that you can find one that is a good fit for you.
Does Your Iowa Golden Retriever Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
One of the most important things to ask your Iowa golden retriever breeder is who their veterinarian is. A good, reputable breeder will have a veterinarian they use and trust for their dogs. This veterinarian should be well-versed in canine health and be able to provide regular exams and vaccinations for your puppy. If you’re not happy with the answers you get from your breeder, it may be time to consider looking elsewhere.
A good breeder/veterinarian relationship is important because it ensures that both the breeder and the puppies are taken good care of. A good veterinarian can also help to monitor the health of the puppies as they grow and help to identify any potential health problems. If you’re looking for a golden retriever breeder in Iowa, be sure to ask about their veterinarian and what kind of relationship they have. You’ll want to be sure your puppy is getting the best possible care.
What Kind of Health Guarantees Does The Breeder Offer?
When you’re buying a new puppy, it’s important that the breeder offers some type of health guarantee. This guarantees that if your dog develops any major health problems within a certain amount of time after purchase, the breeder will refund or replace the dog.
A good golden retriever breeder in Iowa will offer a health guarantee for their puppies. This guarantee should cover things like hip dysplasia, genetic disorders, and other health problems. It’s important to ask your breeder about their health guarantee before buying a puppy.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Golden Retriever Dog Breeder in Iowa
There are plenty of responsible golden retriever breeders in Iowa, however, you might cross paths with an unethical breeder. Here are some things to look out for:-
- The breeder doesn’t health test their breeding stock.
- They are breeding for profit only, and don’t care about the puppies’ quality of life.
- All of the puppies are sold before they’re even born.
- The breeder doesn’t allow you to see the parents or the litter.
- Puppies are sick or have genetic defects.
- The breeder is unresponsive or evasive when you ask questions.
If you come across a breeder like this, it’s best to walk away. There are plenty of responsible breeders out there who will be happy to help you find the perfect puppy.
Ask The Iowa Breeder if Your Golden Retriever Puppy Has Any Health Problems
All puppies are bound to have some health problems, but you should always ask the breeder about any known medical issues. Responsible breeders will be happy to discuss any health concerns with you and provide you with documentation of health tests that have been performed on the parents.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Golden Retriever Puppy
Golden Retriever puppies are adorable, but they can also be a lot of work. Here are some tips on how to prepare your home for your new puppy:
- Stock up on supplies. You’ll need food, water bowls, a collar and leash, toys, and a crate.
- Create a safe space for your puppy. Puppies need a place to nap and play where they won’t get into trouble. A pen or baby gate works well for this.
- Set up a feeding area. Place the food and water bowls in an area where the puppy can’t access them when you’re not around to supervise.
- Train your puppy basic commands. “Sit,” “stay,” “come,” and “down” are essential for keeping your puppy safe and out of trouble.
- Socialize your puppy. Puppies need to be exposed to a variety of people, places, and animals so that they can become well-adjusted adults. Take your puppy on walks, to the park, and to friends’ houses.
- Groom your puppy regularly. Golden Retrievers need to be brushed at least once a week to keep their coat healthy and free of mats.
- Have patience, raising a puppy is a lot of work, but it’s also very rewarding. Be prepared to put in the time and effort necessary to ensure your pup grows up into a happy and well-behaved dog.
Potty Training Your New Golden Retriever Puppy
Golden Retriever puppies are a lot of fun, but they also require a lot of training. Here are some tips on potty training your new puppy:
- Start as soon as you get your puppy. The sooner you start, the easier it will be to train your puppy.
- Create a routine and stick to it. Puppies thrive on routines and will quickly learn what is expected of them when you establish consistent rules and limits.
- Be patient and consistent. Training a puppy can be frustrating, but it’s important to be patient and consistent with your punishments and rewards.
- Reward good behavior. When your puppy does something good, reward them with a treat or positive praise.
- Make sure your puppy has plenty of opportunities to go potty. Puppies usually need to go potty after eating, drinking, playing, and napping.
- If your puppy has an accident, don’t scold them. Just clean it up and move on. Scolding your puppy will only make them more anxious and likely to have accidents in the future.
- Take your puppy outside regularly. Puppies should always be taken outside immediately after being let out of their crate, after waking up from a nap, and after spending time indoors.
- Be prepared for setbacks. There will be times when your puppy doesn’t quite understand what you’re asking them to do or they just won’t listen. Don’t get discouraged – just keep practicing and be patient.
These are just a few tips on how to potty train your new Golden Retriever puppy. For more information, please consult a professional dog trainer.
The Benefits of Purchasing A Golden Retriever from A Reputable Breeder
When you’re looking for a new Golden Retriever puppy, it’s important to purchase one from a reputable breeder. Here are some of the benefits of doing so:
- The puppies will be well-socialized. Reputable breeders socialize their puppies with people and other animals, which helps them develop into confident and well-adjusted adults.
- They will come from healthy bloodlines. Reputable breeders only breed healthy dogs and they screen their puppies for genetic diseases. This means that you’re less likely to encounter health problems with your dog in the future.
- They will be temperament tested. Good breeders temperament test their puppies to make sure they are suitable for family life. They will also be litter box trained and have had their basic vaccinations.
- The puppies will be registered with the AKC. If you decide to breed your Golden Retriever in the future, you’ll need to provide proof of registration.
When you purchase a Golden Retriever puppy from a reputable breeder, you can be sure that you’re getting a high-quality dog that is healthy and well-socialized.