Golden Retriever Puppies for Sale in Vermont
Finding a reputable Golden Retriever breeder in Vermont can be a daunting task, but it is well worth the effort. By purchasing a puppy from a responsible breeder, you are ensuring that you are getting a healthy, well-socialized dog that will make a great pet.
There is no shortage of great golden retriever breeders in Vermont.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
Golden retrievers are amongst the most popular breeds in the United States, and there are many breeders to choose from.
When looking for a breeder, it is important to consider a few key things.
The first is the health of the puppies. Breeders should be able to provide documentation that their puppies have been health tested and are free of genetic defects.
The second thing to look for is temperament. A good breeder will take the time to temperament test their puppies, and will only sell those that have passed the test. The goal is to find a puppy that is suited for your lifestyle and personality.
Third, you should inspect the facilities where the puppies are being raised. The breeding kennel should be clean and well-
Check out our list of reputable breeders down below.
Golden Retriever Breeders List in Vermont
|Windy Knoll Goldens||Fair Haven, VT||802-265-0222||Website|
|New England Golden Jubilee||Saint Johnsbury, VT||800-449-2580||Website|
|Elmore Pond Goldens||Wolcott, VT||802-730-0777||Website|
|Wilson English Goldens||Westford, VT||802-598-2092||Website|
|Wright’s Mountain Goldens||Saint Johnsbury, VT||802-274-1418||Website|
|Goldens And Such||Derby Line, VT||802-895-2784||Website|
|Moonbeam Meadows||Arlington, VT||802-430-7049||Website|
|Butternut Hill Golden Retrievers||Johnson, VT||802-635-7377||Website|
|Miller Family Golden Retrievers||Vernon, VT||802-254-4477||Website|
Golden Retriever Breeder Details in Vermont
Windy Knoll Goldens
Fair Haven, VT
New England Golden Jubilee
Saint Johnsbury, VT
Elmore Pond Goldens
Wilson English Goldens
Wright’s Mountain Goldens
Saint Johnsbury, VT
Goldens And Such
Derby Line, VT
Butternut Hill Golden Retrievers
Miller Family Golden Retrievers
Alternative Places to Purchase a Golden Retriever Puppy
Golden Retriever Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our Listings of Breeders page.
What Is The Average Price for A Golden Retriever Puppy in Vermont?
The price for a golden retriever puppy will vary depending on the breeder but typically ranges from $800 to $1,500.
A few reasons for the price variance might be:
- The rarity of the color
- The bloodline or pedigree of the dog
- The geographical location
- The age of the puppy
- Whether the breeder is a licensed or registered breeder
Your best bet is to call each breeder and get a quote.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Golden Retriever Puppy in Vermont?
So you’re thinking of adding a Golden Retriever to your family and you’re wondering if it’s possible to find a free puppy. The answer is, unfortunately, no. Breeders in Vermont charge anywhere from $600 to $1,000 for a healthy Golden Retriever pup.
The good news is that there are many reputable breeders in the state who will ensure that your new puppy comes from healthy stock and has been well socialized. When considering a breeder, be sure to ask plenty of questions about the parents of the puppies and their health histories.
It’s also important to find a responsible breeder who will provide you with information about how to care for your new puppy and continue his or her training. Breeders in Vermont typically have high standards when it comes to the care of their puppies.
How to Find A Responsible Golden Retriever Breeder in Vermont
If you’re looking for a quality golden retriever breeder in Vermont VT, it’s important to do your research. A responsible breeder will always be happy to answer your questions and provide references. They should also have healthy dogs with sound temperaments.
Here are a few tips to help you find a reputable breeder:
- Check with the American Kennel Club (AKC) or the Golden Retriever Club of America (GRCA) to find breeders who are members in good standing.
- Ask your friends and family for referrals.
- Contact the local rescue organizations to see if they know of any reputable breeders in the area.
- Check out the breeder’s website and look for information on the dogs’ health, temperament and genetic testing.
- Schedule a visit to the breeder’s home so you can meet the puppies and their parents.
- Ask for references and contact them to get feedback about the breeder.
- Read online reviews to see what other people have said about the breeder.
The most important thing is to never purchase a puppy from a pet store or online. The vast majority of these puppies come from puppy mills, which are notorious for breeding unhealthy dogs with temperament issues.
If you’re looking for a quality golden retriever breeder in Vermont VT, it’s important to do your research. A responsible breeder will always be happy to answer your questions and
Visit Your Vermont Golden Retriever Breeder in Person
One of the best ways to find a responsible golden retriever breeder is to visit their home in person. This will allow you to meet the puppies and their parents, and it will give you a chance to ask questions about the breeder’s breeding program.
Most reputable breeders will be happy to show you around their property and introduce you to their dogs. They should also have documentation on the health and temperament of all of their animals.
If the breeder seems hesitant or unwilling to let you visit their home, it’s probably best to move on. Remember, you’re looking for a lifelong relationship with your breeder, so it’s important to feel comfortable with them.
Questions to Ask
Ask for References from Your Golden Retriever Breeder in Vermont
Before you decide to buy a puppy from a breeder, it’s important to ask for references. A good breeder will be happy to provide you with contact information for previous buyers.
Contact these references and ask them about their experience with the breeder.
- Were the puppies healthy and temperamentally sound?
- Was the breeder responsive and helpful?
- Did they provide any after-sales support?
If most of the references are negative, it’s best to move on. A responsible breeder will always take responsibility for their puppies, regardless of what happens after they’ve been sold.
References will also be able to tell you about the good aspects of the breeder. If the majority of the references have had a positive experience, it’s probably worth considering buying a puppy from them.
The Golden Retriever Club of America (GRCA) is a good resource for finding quality breeders. They have a breeder referral program that can connect you with responsible breeders in your area.
Ask Your Vermont Golden Retriever Breeder If You Can Meet Past Customers
When looking for a Golden Retriever breeder in Vermont, it is important to ask if you can meet past customers. By doing this, you can get first-hand feedback about the breeder and the puppies they have bred. This will help you determine if the breeder is right for you and your family.
If the breeder you are interested in does not allow you to meet past customers, you may want to reconsider working with them. A reputable breeder will be more than happy to let you speak with past customers and get their feedback. This will help ensure that you are making the best decision for your family.
When looking for a Golden Retriever breeder, it is important to consider all of your options. By meeting past customers, you can get a good idea of what to expect from the breeder and their puppies. Past customers can tell you about the breeder’s breeding practices, as well as the temperament of their puppies. This information can be invaluable when making your decision.
Does Your Vermont Golden Retriever Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
If you’re looking for a Golden Retriever breeder in Vermont, be sure to ask if they have a good veterinarian they use. You’ll want to make sure your new puppy is healthy and getting the best care possible. A good breeder will be happy to tell you about their veterinarian and why they chose them. They’ll also be happy to give you their information so you can check them out yourself.
When you’re looking for a breeder, it’s important to find someone you can trust. The last thing you want is to get a sick puppy from an irresponsible breeder. So be sure to do your research and find a breeder who is reputable and responsible. And don’t forget to ask about the vet.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Golden Retriever Dog Breeder in Vermont
There are plenty of responsible golden retriever breeders in Vermont but there are also some shady ones. Here are a few signs of an unethical breeder:
- They don’t health test their dogs.
- They have a lot of puppies available at once.
- The puppies are sick or have health problems.
- They’re not licensed or registered with the AKC.
- The puppies are very expensive.
- The breeder is secretive and won’t let you see the parents of the puppies.
If you see any of these signs, it’s best to stay away from that breeder. There are plenty of responsible breeders out there who will be happy to help you find the perfect puppy. So do your research and be sure to ask lots of questions.
Ask The Vermont Breeder If Your Golden Retriever Puppy Has Any Health Problems
A good breeder will health test their dogs and puppies. They’ll also be happy to tell you about any health problems the puppies may have. So be sure to ask the breeder if your puppy has any health problems.
If the breeder doesn’t health test their dogs, it’s best to stay away from them. Puppies from unhealthy parents may develop all sorts of health problems, so you don’t want to take that risk. A good breeder will ensure that their puppies are healthy and free from genetic diseases.
So be sure to ask the breeder about their testing procedures. They should be happy to answer all of your questions. And if they can’t or won’t answer your questions, then it’s best to walk away.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Golden Retriever Puppy
If you’re like most people, you’re eagerly anticipating the day when your new Golden Retriever puppy comes home. It’s important to prepare your home before your puppy arrives so that he or she will feel comfortable and safe in their new surroundings. Here are a few tips to help get you started:
- Make sure that all of your electrical cords are covered and out of reach. Puppies are notorious for chewing on things they shouldn’t, and electrical cords can be dangerous if ingested.
- Remove any breakable objects or those that could be hazardous to your puppy (like poisonous plants).
- Put away your shoes and other belongings that your puppy might chew on.
- Clear a space for your puppy to sleep, eat and play. He or she will need a place to rest and relax, as well as plenty of space to run around and burn off some energy.
- Create a routine for feeding your puppy and taking him or her outside to use the bathroom. This will help your puppy get used to their new surroundings and make potty training easier.
Be prepared to spend lots of time with your new puppy. Golden Retrievers are known for being eager to please and loving companions, so you’ll want to make sure you take the time to train and socialize them properly.
Potty Training Your New Golden Retriever Puppy
One of the most important things to remember when raising a Golden Retriever puppy is to potty train them as early as possible. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Take your puppy outside frequently, especially after meals and naps.
- Reward your puppy with treats and praise when he or she goes potty in the right spot.
- If your puppy has an accident indoors, quickly clean it up with a pet-safe cleaner and put him or her outside to use the bathroom.
- Be consistent with your training and never punish your puppy for making a mistake. Golden Retrievers are intelligent dogs and will learn quickly if you’re patient and consistent with your training.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to raising a happy and healthy Golden Retriever puppy.
The Benefits of Purchasing A Golden Retriever from A Reputable Breeder
When it comes to finding a reputable Golden Retriever breeder, it’s important to do your research. Not all breeders are created equal, and not all of them have the best interests of their puppies at heart. Here are a few things to look for when choosing a breeder:
- The breeder should be registered with the AKC (American Kennel Club).
- The breeder should have healthy dogs with sound temperaments.
- The breeder should be willing to provide references from past buyers.
- The breeder should offer a health guarantee on the puppies.
By choosing a reputable Golden Retriever breeder, you can rest assured that you’re getting a high-quality puppy that has been bred for good health and temperament.
Golden Retrievers make great pets for families with children and are known for their friendly and outgoing personalities. If you’re looking for a loving, loyal companion, a Golden Retriever may be the perfect breed for you. Thanks for reading!