Yorkie Puppies for Sale in Michigan
If you’re looking for a Yorkie puppy in Michigan, you’ve come to the right place. Here at ReadPlease, we connect families with responsible breeders of all kinds of dogs, including the popular Yorkshire Terrier.
The Yorkshire Terrier is a small dog breed originally from England. They are affectionate and lively companions and make great pets for people of all ages. Yorkies are also relatively easy to train and are good candidates for apartment living.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
If you’re interested in bringing a Yorkie puppy into your home, take a look at our top breeders below.
You can also read more about the breed on our Yorkshire Terrier breed information page. And if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’re always happy to help.
Yorkie Breeders List in Michigan
|Ojibwa Yorkies||Baraga, MI||906-353-7474||Website|
|Artistry Yorkies||Sturgis, MI||269-365-3894||Website|
|Iris And Herb Ferrell||Albion, MI||517-817-9298||No Website|
|John Curl||Essexville, MI||954-328-1152||Website|
|Marie Quick||Macomb, MI||248-207-3694||No Website|
|Samuel Fooks||Detroit, MI||313-333-7428||No Website|
|Renee Scarcelli||Baraga, MI||316-772-2243||Website|
Yorkie Breeder Details in Michigan
Iris And Herb Ferrell
Alternative Places to Purchase a Yorkie Puppy
Yorkie Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our Listings of Breeders page.
What Is The Average Price for A Yorkie Puppy in Michigan?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $600-$2,000 for a Yorkie puppy in Michigan.
This price range depends on various factors such as the breeder’s experience, the dog’s coat color and pattern, and whether the dog is being sold as a pet or with full breeding rights.
Some breeders may also charge more for puppies that have been born in a litter of champion show dogs.
Breeders should also be willing to answer any questions you have about the Yorkie breed and price.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Yorkie Puppy in Michigan?
It is possible to find free Yorkie puppies in Michigan, but it is not recommended.
There are many risks associated with taking in a free dog, such as the potential for the dog to have health problems or behavioral issues.
It is always best to do your research and make sure you are getting a healthy puppy from a reputable breeder.
What Is The Average Life Expectancy of A Yorkie?
The average life expectancy of a Yorkie is 12-15 years.
However, some dogs have been known to live 20 years or more with proper care and nutrition.
How to Find A Reputable Yorkie Breeder in Michigan
When it comes to finding a reputable Yorkie breeder in Michigan, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
First, ask around. Talk to friends, family, and your veterinarian to see if they know of any good breeders in the area.
Next, do some research online. There are a number of websites that provide lists of reputable breeders, as well as reviews from other dog owners. Be sure to read through these carefully before making any decisions.
Finally, visit the breeder’s facility in person. This will give you a chance to meet the staff and see the conditions under which the dogs are kept. If everything looks good, take the time to talk to the breeder and ask any questions you may have.
By following these tips, you should be able to find a reputable Yorkie breeder in Michigan with ease. Good luck!
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Yorkie Dog Breeder in Michigan
When you are looking for a reputable Michigan Yorkie dog breeder, it is important to be able to spot the signs of an unethical one.
Unfortunately, there are many breeders who are more interested in making a quick profit than they are in ensuring that their puppies go to good homes.
If you’re not careful, you could end up with a sick puppy or even worse, no puppy at all.
Here are some things to look out for when searching for a Yorkie dog breeder in Michigan:
1. The first thing you should do when looking for a reputable Yorkie dog breeder is to ask around. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors who have pets and see if they have any recommendations.
If you don’t know anyone who has a Yorkie, you can also search online forums and social media groups dedicated to the breed.
2. Once you’ve compiled a list of potential breeders, the next step is to do your homework. Research each breeder on your list to see if there have been any complaints or negative reviews filed against them.
You can also check with the Better Business Bureau to see if they have any records of complaints.
3. When you visit a breeder’s facility, pay attention to the condition of the puppies and the breeding dogs. The puppies should be clean and well-cared for, and the breeding dogs should not look like they are being neglected or abused in any way.
4. Be wary of breeders who are not willing to let you meet the puppies’ parents. A reputable breeder will have no problem letting you meet the mother and father of the puppies they have for sale.
5. Avoid breeders who are not willing to provide you with paperwork detailing the health history of the puppies. A good breeder will be able to provide you with a health certificate from a licensed veterinarian.
These are tell-tale signs of an unethical breeder.
Visit Your Michigan Yorkie Breeder in Person
There’s no substitute for a face-to-face meeting with your potential Michigan Yorkie breeder.
You’ll get to see the conditions in which the dogs are kept, meet the staff and other animals on the premises, and ask any questions you may have about the business.
A reputable breeder will be happy to show you around and answer all of your questions.
Take A Tour of The Breeding Facility
A good Michigan Yorkie breeder will be proud of their facility and want you to see it. They should have nothing to hide. The kennels should be clean, spacious, and well-ventilated. The dogs should have plenty of room to exercise and play.
If possible, try to visit during business hours so you can see how the staff interacts with the animals.
Questions to Ask Your Breeder
Ask for References from Your Yorkie Breeder in Michigan
When you’ve found a breeder that you’re interested in working with, it’s important to ask for references.
A good breeder should be able to provide you with contact information for at least two or three families who have purchased puppies from them in the past.
These references can give you an idea of what to expect in terms of the health and temperament of the puppies, as well as the level of customer service provided by the breeder.
If a breeder is unwilling to provide references, that’s a red flag and you should move on to another breeder. It’s also a good idea to check out online reviews of breeders before making a commitment. There are a number of websites where prospective puppy owners can read reviews of breeders, and this can be a helpful way to narrow down your options.
Ask Your Michigan Yorkie Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
If you’re interested in a Yorkie from a Michigan breeder, ask if you can speak with or meet some of their past customers.
This will give you insight into what kind of experience other people have had with the breeder and their dogs. A good breeder will be happy to put you in touch with some of their past clients.
Meeting past customers is one of the best ways to learn about a breeder and get a sense of what their dogs are like.
Be Wary of Michigan Yorkie Breeders Who Don’t Ask You Any Questions
When you contact a potential Michigan Yorkie breeder, they should be interested in learning about you and your family as well.
They should want to know if you have any other pets, whether you have small children, and if anyone in your home has allergies. If a breeder doesn’t ask you any questions, they may not be as interested in finding the right dog for your family.
Does Your Michigan Yorkie Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
You might be wondering how important it is for your Michigan Yorkie breeder to have a good veterinarian that they use. The answer is very important.
A good vet will make sure that your Yorkie pup has received all of the necessary vaccinations and check-ups. They will also be able to help you out if there are any medical issues that come up with your new puppy.
Do not, under any circumstances, buy a Yorkie from a breeder who does not have a good vet.
Ask The Michigan Breeder if Your Yorkie Puppy Has Any Health Problems
When you’re looking for a new furry friend, it’s important to do your research and choose a breeder that you can trust.
A good breeder will be able to answer any questions you have about the health of your new pup.
Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing a Yorkie breeder in Michigan:
- Make sure the breeder is registered with the American Kennel Club (AKC) or another reputable organization.
- Ask if the parents of the puppies have been screened for hereditary health conditions.
- Find out if the puppies have been seen by a veterinarian and if they have received their first set of shots.
- Ask to see proof of health clearances for the parents of the puppies.
- Get recommendations from friends or family who have purchased a Yorkie puppy from a breeder in Michigan.
- Visit the breeder’s facility to see how the puppies are being raised and to meet the parents of the puppies.
- Make sure you feel comfortable with the breeder and that they are transparent about their breeding practices.
- Do not purchase a puppy from a breeder who cannot provide you with references or proof of health clearances.
What Type of Health Guarantee Does Your Michigan Yorkie Breeder Offer?
You want to be sure that your new Yorkie comes with a good health guarantee. This is important because it will cover any unforeseen medical expenses that may come up after you take your new baby home.
A good health guarantee should cover congenital defects, hip dysplasia, and other common health problems that are specific to the Yorkshire Terrier breed.
Be sure to get all the details in writing before you make your final decision on which Michigan Yorkie breeder to go with.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Yorkie Puppy
Whether you’re a first-time dog owner or a seasoned pro, there are some things you’ll need to do to prepare your home for your new arrival.
1. Puppy proof your home: Just like a human baby, puppies are curious and love to explore. They’ll put anything and everything in their mouths, which can lead to trouble. So it’s important to puppy-proof your home before they arrive. Pick up any small objects that could be swallowed, secure cords and cables, and make sure all cleaning products are out of reach.
2. Set up a designated space for your puppy: Choose an area in your home where your puppy can feel comfortable and safe. This will be their space to sleep, eat, and play. It’s a good idea to put their crate or pen in this space, along with their food and water bowls.
3. Get the right supplies: Before your puppy comes home, make sure you have everything you need to take care of them. This includes food, bowls, a bed or crate, a collar and leash, toys, and plenty of potty pads. You’ll also need to purchase some basic grooming supplies like a brush, nail clippers, and shampoo.
4. Socialize your puppy: Puppies need to be socialized from an early age so they learn how to interact with other dogs and people. This will help them grow into well-rounded adults.
Potty Training Your New Yorkie Puppy
Getting a new puppy is an exciting time for any family, but it can also be a bit overwhelming.
One of the most important things you’ll need to do with your new pup is potty train them so that they know where to go when they need to relieve themselves.
While this process can take some time and patience, there are a few things you can do to make it go more smoothly.
One of the first things you should do is create a designated potty area for your puppy. This can be either inside or outside, but it’s important to have a space that is just for them to use when nature calls.
You’ll also want to take your puppy out frequently, especially after they eat or drink, as this is when they’re most likely to need to go.
It’s also important to be consistent with your commands and rewards when they do their business in the right spot.
If you’re patient and follow these tips, potty training your new Yorkie puppy will be a breeze.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.