Yorkie Puppies for Sale in Mississippi
Looking for a Yorkie Breeder in Mississippi? We’ve got you covered. Check out our list of Mississippi’s top Yorkie Breeders and find your perfect pup today.
Here at ReadPlease, we have compiled a list of the top Mississippi Yorkie Breeders to make your search for the perfect puppy easier.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
All of the breeders on our list are experienced and knowledgeable, and they all love Yorkies just as much as you do.
Yorkies have become one of the most popular dog breeds in recent years, and it’s no wonder why. They are small, adorable, and full of personality.
If you’re looking for a Yorkie Breeder in Mississippi, we highly recommend checking out the breeders on our list.
You’re sure to find the perfect puppy for you and your family. Thanks for choosing ReadPlease.
Yorkie Breeders List in Mississippi
|M&M Chocolate Yorkies||Summit, MS||601-248-4728||No Website|
|DJ’s Lil Puppy Paws||Brookhaven, MS||601-833-4562||Website|
|The Happy Dog||Laurel, MS||601-344-8381||Website|
|Mary’s Little Yorkies||Hazlehurst, MS||601-892-6972||Website|
|Honeybee Yorkies||Natchez, MS||601-431-9513||No Website|
|Elizabeth Hubbard||Gulfport, MS||228-697-0296||No Website|
Yorkie Breeder Details in Mississippi
M&M Chocolate Yorkies
Alternative Places to Purchase a Yorkie Puppy
Yorkie Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our Yorkie Breeders List page.
What Is The Average Price for A Yorkie Puppy in Mississippi?
The average price for a Yorkie puppy in Mississippi is $1,500. However, prices can vary depending on the breeder and the specific characteristics of the puppy.
Some factors that can affect the price of a Yorkie puppy include coat color, size, and gender.
To get an accurate estimate of the cost of a Yorkie puppy, we recommend contacting one of the breeders on our list.
There are other hidden costs when owning a dog such as food, toys, bedding, license, and routine vet care.
It is important to factor in these additional costs when determining if you can afford a dog.
What Are The Most Popular Cities For Yorkies In Mississippi?
The most popular cities for Yorkies in Mississippi are Jackson, Gulfport, and Hattiesburg.
These cities have a wide variety of Yorkie Breeders to choose from, so you’re sure to find the perfect pup no matter where you live.
What Are The Pros And Cons of Owning A Yorkie?
- Yorkies are small, making them easy to transport and care for.
- They are low-maintenance dogs that don’t require a lot of exercise.
- Yorkies are highly intelligent and can be trained to do tricks or perform tasks.
- They make great companions for people of all ages.
- Yorkies are prone to separation anxiety and need to be with their owner as much as possible.
- They are also very yappy dogs and can bark excessively if not properly trained.
- Yorkies require regular grooming to keep their fur looking its best.
- They are also one of the most expensive dog breeds to purchase.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Yorkie Puppy in Mississippi?
While it is possible to find a free Yorkie puppy in Mississippi, we do not recommend this option.
Free puppies are often sick or have behavioral problems, and they may not have received the proper vaccinations or care.
It is always best to purchase a puppy from a reputable breeder who can provide you with the health and vaccination records of the parents.
How to Find A Reputable Yorkie Breeder in Mississippi
Here are 8 steps in finding a reputable Yorkie breeder:
- Ask around for referrals from friends or family members who have purchased a Yorkie in the past.
- Research the different types of Yorkies to find which one is right for you and your lifestyle.
- Find at least three potential breeders to interview and ask each of them questions about their breeding practices and policies.
- Tour the breeder’s facilities and meet some of the adult dogs that they have bred in order to get a feel for the environment.
- Inquire about the health history of the parents and grandparents of the puppies you are interested in purchasing.
- Meet the puppy or puppies that you are interested in buying and spend some time playing with them to get to know their personalities.
- Ask the breeder for references from past customers who have purchased puppies from them.
- Be sure to get a written contract that includes all of the terms and conditions of your purchase before taking your new puppy home.
By following these steps, you can be confident that you will find a reputable Yorkie breeder in Oklahoma and end up with a healthy and happy pup.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Yorkie Dog Breeder in Mississippi
When you are looking for a Yorkie breeder in Mississippi, there are some things that you need to be aware of.
There are many unethical breeders out there who are only interested in making a quick buck off of unsuspecting buyers.
Here are some things to look out for when searching for a reputable breeder:
1. The first thing that you should do is make sure that the breeder is registered with the American Kennel Club (AKC).
This is important because it means that the breeder has met certain standards and has been inspected by the AKC. If the breeder is not registered with the AKC, then you should move on to another one.
2. Another thing to look for is whether or not the breeder has a website.
A reputable breeder will usually have a professional-looking website that provides information about their dogs and their business. If the breeder does not have a website, then you should be suspicious.
3. You should also make sure that you visit the breeder’s facility in person. This is important because you will be able to see the conditions that the dogs are living in. If the facilities are clean and well-maintained, then this is a good sign.
However, if the facilities are dirty and the dogs look like they are not well-cared for, then you should move on to another breeder.
4. Finally, you should ask the breeder for references from previous customers.
A reputable breeder will be happy to provide you with references from satisfied customers.
If the breeder is unwilling to provide you with references, then you should take your business elsewhere.
These are just a few things to look for when searching for a Yorkie breeder.
By following these tips, you can be sure that you find a reputable and ethical breeder who will provide you with a healthy and happy dog.
Visit Your Mississippi Yorkie Breeder in Person
When you are searching for the perfect Mississippi Yorkie breeder, it is important that you visit them in person. This will help you get a feel for their operation and meet the dogs in person.
You want to make sure that the Yorkies are well cared for and that the breeder is knowledgeable about the breed. A good breeder will be able to answer any questions you have about Yorkies and help you find the perfect dog for your family.
Visiting your potential breeders in person will allow you to get a feel for their facilities and meet the dogs. This is an important step in finding the perfect Yorkie breeder for your family.
Make sure you take the time to visit several breeders before making your final decision. This will help you find the best possible match for your family.
Questions to Ask Your Breeder
Ask for References from Your Yorkie Breeder in Mississippi
When looking for a reputable Yorkie breeder in Mississippi, be sure to ask for references. A good breeder will have no problem providing you with contact information for past clients.
These references can give you insights into the quality of the puppies the breeder produces, as well as the level of care and attention they provide their animals.
References will be able to tell you if the breeder was professional and easy to work with, and if they would recommend them to others.
When you’re speaking with references, be sure to ask about the health of the puppies, as well as the temperament. Temperament is especially important in a Yorkie, as this breed can be yappy and aggressive if not properly socialized.
You’ll want to be sure that the breeder you choose has extensive experience with the breed and is able to provide you with a puppy that has been raised in a loving home environment.
Ask Your Mississippi Yorkie Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
When you contact Yorkie breeders, always ask if you can meet past customers. This request will weed out many of the bad breeders right away.
A good breeder should have no problem providing references of happy customers with healthy puppies.
Meeting past customers will give you firsthand accounts of what it’s like to own one of their puppies.
You can ask about the breeder’s temperament, health clearances, and anything else that’s important to you.
A good breeder will be more than happy to answer all of your questions.
Does Your Mississippi Yorkie Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
When searching for a reputable Mississippi Yorkie breeder, ask if they have a good veterinarian that they use for their dogs.
A good breeder will have no problem providing you with the contact information for their vet. This is important because you will want to be able to have your new puppy seen by a trusted professional as soon as possible after bringing them home.
It is a big red flag if your potential Yorkie breeder doesn’t have a great relationship with a local veterinarian.
Ask The Mississippi Breeder if Your Yorkie Puppy Has Any Health Problems
The Yorkie breeders in Mississippi should be able to tell you if there are any health problems in your puppy’s family history.
You will want to know if there are any genetic health problems that could be passed down to your puppy.
Some of the most common health problems in Yorkies include hip dysplasia, patellar luxation, and tracheal collapse.
All breeds have health problems, but some breeds are more prone to certain health problems than others.
You will want to make sure that the breeder you choose is knowledgeable about the health problems of the Yorkie breed and is working to avoid these health problems in their puppies.
What Type of Health Guarantee Does Your Mississippi Yorkie Breeder Offer?
Be sure to ask your Yorkie breeder what type of health guarantee they offer on their pups.
A good, reputable breeder will be able to give you a written contract that includes a health guarantee. This should cover any congenital or hereditary defects that may arise within a certain time frame after purchase.
Most breeders offer a one-year guarantee, but some may offer longer terms.
It’s important to have this in writing so that you can take action if necessary.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Yorkie Puppy
Getting a new puppy is an exciting time for any pet owner, but it’s important to remember that puppies require a lot of care and attention.
Before bringing your new Yorkie home, there are a few things you should do to puppy-proof your home and make sure it’s ready for your new arrival.
One of the most important things you can do is create a safe, comfortable space for your puppy to sleep and rest.
This might mean setting up a crate or dog bed in a quiet corner of your home, or simply making sure there are no sharp objects or hazards within reach.
You’ll also want to stock up on essential supplies like food, water bowls, toys, and treats.
Puppies are also known for being naughty little escape artists, so it’s important to make sure your home is safe and secure.
Take some time to puppy-proof your yard by filling in any holes or gaps in fences, and keeping an eye out for poisonous plants.
Last but not least, remember that puppies need a lot of exercise, so be prepared to take them on regular walks and play sessions.
By taking these simple steps, you can help make sure your new Yorkie settles into their new home quickly and easily.
Potty Training Your New Yorkie Puppy
New Yorkie puppies are very smart and learn quickly, making potty training relatively easy. The key is to be consistent with your commands and rewards and to have patience.
Below is a brief guide on how to potty train your new Yorkie puppy.
1) Choose a designated spot for your puppy to relieve themselves. It could be in the backyard, or even indoors on a potty pad or newspaper. The important thing is that you take them to the same spot each time so they associate it with going to the bathroom.
2) Take your puppy out regularly, about every 2-3 hours at first, and after meals or naps. Stand in the designated spot and wait for them to do their business. When they finish, immediately give them a treat and lots of praise.
3) If your puppy has an accident in the house, do not punish them. Simply clean up the mess and continue with your regular potty training routine.
4) With time and patience, your puppy will learn to go potty in the designated spot and you’ll have a well-trained dog in no time.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.