Yorkie Puppies for Sale in New Jersey
There is no shortage of reputable Yorkie breeders in New Jersey.
We have compiled a comprehensive list of some of the best ones below.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
These breeders have met our high standards for ethical and responsible breeding practices, and we are confident that they will provide you with a healthy and happy pup.
Yorkies have become one of the most popular breeds in recent years, and it’s no wonder.
These pint-sized pups are full of energy and personality, and they make great companions for people of all ages.
If you’re looking for a Yorkie breeder in New Jersey, be sure to do your research to find one that meets your needs and expectations.
Here are some things to keep in mind when searching for a reputable Yorkie breeder:
- The breeder should be able to provide you with a health guarantee for your pup.
- The breeder should have extensive knowledge about the Yorkie breed and be able to answer all of your questions.
- The breeder should allow you to meet the parents of your pup before you take him or her home.
- The breeder should be willing to provide references from previous clients.
Keep reading for more tips on how to find a Yorkie breeder in New Jersey and be sure to visit our list of breeders below.
Yorkie Breeders List in New Jersey
|Castleford Yorkshires And Maltese||Waldwick, NJ||201-445-7424||Website|
|Stone Hill Terriers||Hopatcong, NJ||973-219-8388||No Website|
|Nadege Madaris||Browns Mills, NJ||419-504-9434||No Website|
|Donna Grasso||East Brunswick, NJ||732-213-0795||No Website|
Yorkie Breeder Details in New Jersey
Castleford Yorkshires And Maltese
Stone Hill Terriers
Browns Mills, NJ
East Brunswick, NJ
Alternative Places to Purchase a Yorkie Puppy
Yorkie Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our Yorkie Reference Links page.
What Is The Average Price for A Yorkie Puppy in New Jersey?
The average price for a Yorkie puppy in New Jersey is $1,500.
However, prices can vary depending on the breeder and the individual pup’s characteristics (such as size, color, etc.).
There are other expenses to consider as well, such as food, toys, and vet care.
Be sure to factor in all of these costs when budgeting for your new pup.
Is It Possible to Find a Free Yorkie Puppy in New Jersey?
You might be wondering if it’s possible to find a free Yorkie puppy in New Jersey.
While there are many ways to get a free dog, it’s important to remember that there is no such thing as a truly “free” dog. Dogs require food, shelter, veterinary care, and love – all of which come with a cost.
That being said, there are a few ways you might be able to find a free Yorkie puppy in New Jersey:
1. Check with your local animal shelter or rescue group. Some shelters and rescues have Yorkies available for adoption at no cost (or for a very reduced fee). However, availability varies and you may need to be placed on a waiting list.
2. Talk to breeders in your area. Some breeders may occasionally have free puppies available, although this is not very common.
3. Check online classifieds websites (like Craigslist or Kijiji). Occasionally, people will give away puppies for free on these websites. However, it’s important to be very careful when considering a dog from an online classifieds website, as there are many scams associated with these sites.
4. Ask around at dog parks, dog shows, or other events where dog lovers gather. You might be able to find someone who knows of a free Yorkie puppy in your area.
While it’s possible to find a free Yorkie puppy in New Jersey, it’s pretty unlikely.
How to Find A Reputable Yorkie Breeder in New Jersey
When you are looking for a reputable Yorkie breeder in New Jersey, it is important to do your research.
There are many things to consider when choosing a breeder, and you want to make sure that you find one that is reputable and will provide you with a healthy puppy.
Here are some tips on how to find a reputable Yorkie breeder in New Jersey:
1. Ask around: Talk to your friends, family, and co-workers who have dogs. They may know of someone who is breeding Yorkies or may have heard of a good breeder through word of mouth.
2. Check online resources: There are many websites that list breeders of various types of dogs, including Yorkies. You can also check online forums and message boards to see if anyone has had a good experience with a particular breeder.
3. Contact the American Kennel Club: The AKC is the national organization for dog breeders, and they have a list of breeders who are members in good standing. You can search for breeders by state, and you can also find out if there have been any complaints filed against a breeder.
4. Visit the breeder’s facility: Once you have narrowed down your choices, it is important to visit the breeder’s facility to meet the dogs and see the conditions in which they are kept. A reputable breeder will be happy to show you around and answer any questions you have.
5. Ask for references: A reputable breeder will be happy to provide you with references from past customers. These references can give you an idea of the breeder’s reputation and whether or not they are likely to provide you with a healthy puppy.
When choosing a Yorkie breeder in New Jersey, it is important to do your research and visit the facility.
A reputable breeder will be happy to answer any questions you have and provide you with references from past customers.
By following these tips, you can be sure that you find a reputable breeder who will provide you with a healthy puppy.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Yorkie Dog Breeder in New Jersey
When you start your search for a reputable Yorkie breeder in New Jersey, it’s important to be aware of the signs of an unethical breeder.
Unfortunately, there are many people who breed Yorkies without caring for the health and welfare of their dogs.
These breeders may not provide proper medical care, socialization, or exercise for their dogs. As a result, the puppies they produce may be sickly or have behavior problems.
To avoid inadvertently supporting such a breeder, look out for the following red flags:
- The breeder has several litters of puppies available at any given time. A responsible breeder will only have a few litters per year so that they can give each puppy the individual attention it needs.
- The breeder refuses to let you see where the puppies are being raised. A reputable breeder will be happy to show you around their facility and introduce you to the dogs and puppies.
- The breeder seems more interested in making a sale than in finding good homes for their puppies. A responsible breeder will want to make sure that you are prepared to provide a loving, nurturing home for your puppy.
- The breeder has no questions for you. A reputable breeder will want to get to know you and your family to make sure that one of their puppies is a good fit for your home.
The bottom line is that if a breeder doesn’t seem to care about anything other than selling you a puppy, it’s best to find another breeder.
There are many responsible breeders out there who are dedicated to producing healthy, happy puppies.
Visit Your New Jersey Yorkie Breeder in Person
When you’ve found a reputable New Jersey Yorkie breeder, make an appointment to visit their facility in person.
This will give you the opportunity to see the conditions that the dogs are living in and to meet the breeders themselves.
Visiting your potential breeder in person will allow you to ask any questions you have and get a feel for what kind of people they are.
It’s important that you feel comfortable with your breeder and that they seem like responsible, caring individuals.
Don’t be afraid to ask the breeder about the health of the parents and grandparents of the puppies.
Reputable breeders will have no problem providing you with this information.
In fact, they should be happy to do so, as it shows that they are committed to breeding healthy dogs.
Be sure to take some time to play with the puppies before making your final decision. Observe their temperaments and see which one seems like the best fit for your family.
You should also be able to ask any questions that you have about the dogs or the breeding process. Be sure to take plenty of pictures while you’re there.
Questions to Ask Your Breeder
Ask for References from Your Yorkie Breeder in New Jersey
A reputable Yorkie breeder will be able to provide you with references of happy customers who have purchased puppies from them in the past.
Take some time to contact these references and ask about their experience with the breeder, as well as the health and temperament of their puppy.
References will be able to tell you if the breeder was professional and knowledgeable, as well as if they would recommend them to others.
If a breeder is unable or unwilling to provide you with references, this is a red flag and you should look elsewhere for your puppy.
In addition to asking for references, it is also a good idea to do some research on your own before purchasing a puppy from a Yorkie breeder in New Jersey NJ.
A simple Google search can reveal a lot of information about a breeder, including any complaints that have been filed against them. Checking out online forums and chat groups dedicated to discussing Yorkshire Terriers can also be beneficial.
Ask Your New Jersey Yorkie Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
When you’re looking for the best New Jersey Yorkie breeders, make sure to ask if you can meet past customers.
This will give you a good idea of what kind of dogs they produce, and how well socialized and healthy they are. A reputable breeder will be happy to introduce you to some of their previous buyers.
Meeting past customers will give you firsthand insights into what it’s like to own one of their dogs.
You’ll be able to ask questions about the dog’s temperament, health, and overall personality. This is a great way to get an idea of what you can expect from your own dog.
Don’t hesitate to ask the previous customers any questions you have. They should be happy to answer them all.
Does Your New Jersey Yorkie Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
When getting a new pet, it is always best to find a good veterinarian that you can trust to care for your new pet.
A good New Jersey Yorkie breeder will have a good relationship with a local veterinarian and be able to give you the contact information for the vet they use. This is important because you want to make sure your new pet is getting the best possible care.
You will also want to make sure that the vet is familiar with the Yorkie breed in case there are any health concerns that come up down the road.
Do You Feel Comfortable With The New Jersey Yorkie Breeder?
The most important thing when choosing a New Jersey Yorkie breeder is to make sure you feel comfortable with them. This is someone you will be trusting to care for your new pet and you want to make sure they are someone you can trust.
You should feel comfortable asking them any questions you have about the Yorkie breed or their facility. If you don’t feel comfortable with the breeder, it is probably best to look elsewhere.
Ask The New Jersey Breeder if Your Yorkie Puppy Has Any Health Problems
It is important to ask whether your Yorkie puppy has any health problems.
Like all breeds, Yorkies also suffer from certain health issues.
The most common problems among Yorkies are:
- Luxating patella
- Legg-Calve-Perthes disease
- Collapsed trachea
- Portosystemic shunt
- Von Willebrand’s Disease
While some of these conditions can be treated, others may require special care for the rest of the dog’s life. Be sure to ask the breeder about any health problems that run in the family line.
A good breeder will be happy to answer any questions you have about the health of your new puppy.
What Type of Health Guarantee Does Your Florida New Jersey Breeder Offer?
When looking for a Yorkie breeder in New Jersey, it is important to find one that offers a health guarantee.
This will ensure that your new puppy is healthy and free from any genetic defects.
A typical health guarantee will cover things like hip dysplasia, heart defects and any other health problems that may arise.
Be sure to read over the health guarantee carefully before you purchase your puppy to make sure you understand what is covered.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Yorkie Puppy
Congratulations on your new Yorkie puppy!
Bringing a new puppy home is an exciting time for the whole family. But before you can enjoy all the fun and games that come with owning a pet, there are a few things you need to do to prepare your home for your new arrival.
One of the most important things to do before bringing your Yorkie puppy home is to create a safe, comfortable space for them to sleep and play in. This means Puppy-proofing your home by removing anything that could be harmful or dangerous to your pup.
Start by creating a designated puppy area in your home, this can be in a spare room, the laundry or even just an area of the house that is gated off.
Then, make sure to puppy-proof this area by removing anything that could be harmful to your pup. This includes things like electrical cords, small objects that could be swallowed, and toxic plants.
You should also invest in a good-quality crate or dog bed for your Yorkie puppy to sleep in. This will provide them with a safe, comfortable space of their own that they can retreat to when they need some downtime.
Last but not least, stock up on all the essentials like food, water bowls, toys, and collars/leashes before your Yorkie puppy comes home. This will make the transition smoother for both you and your pup.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.