Beagle Puppies for Sale in Maryland
Beagle puppies have quickly become one of America’s favorite dogs. These little hounds are wonderful family pets and Beagle puppies make great hunting companions too.
If you’re looking for Beagle puppies for sale in MD, read on to find out more about this amazing breed.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
The Beagle is a small to medium-sized Hound with a smooth coat, short legs and long, drooping ears. The head is large and the muzzle is square. The eyes are dark and pleading. The nose is black and the teeth meet in a scissors bite.
Maryland has no shortage of Beagle breeders, so finding a reputable one should not be difficult. A good breeder will be able to provide you with references and will be happy to answer any questions you have about the Beagle breed.
When looking for Beagle puppies for sale, it’s important to find a breeder who is experienced and knowledgeable about the breed. This will ensure that you get a healthy puppy that has been properly socialized and trained.
The Beagle is an active, playful dog that loves to explore. They are curious by nature and love to follow their noses. Beagles are also very friendly and outgoing, which makes them great family pets.
If you’re looking for a hunting companion, the Beagle is an excellent choice. They have a keen sense of smell and are tenacious trackers. Beagles are also known for their melodious howls, which makes them great watchdogs.
Beagles are relatively easy to train, but they can be stubborn at times. They do best with positive reinforcement.
Check out our list of reputable Beagle breeders in Maryland down below.
Beagle Breeders List in Maryland
|Pony Tails Dog Kennel||Woodbine, MD||301-908-1806||Website|
|Pun Kotzky Beagles||Germantown, MD||301-379-8847||Website|
|Beagle Rescue, Education, And Welfare
|Jesse Martin||Oldtown, MD||301-478-5557||No Website|
Beagle Breeder Details in Maryland
Pony Tails Dog Kennel
Pun Kotzky Beagles
Beagle Rescue, Education, And Welfare (BREW), Inc
Alternative Places to Purchase a Beagle Puppy
Beagle Breeders in Neighboring States
For the complete list please see our Listings of Beagle Breeders page.
What Is The Average Price for A Beagle Puppy in Maryland?
Beagle puppies for sale in Maryland typically range in price from $500 to as much as $2,000. The average price for a Beagle puppy in Maryland is around $1,200.
The average price of a beagle puppy in Maryland will be affected by a few things:
- The breeder’s experience
- The litter size
- The coat color and pattern
- The gender of the puppy
- The eye color
Beagle prices in Maryland can also be affected by whether or not the puppy is AKC registered. Puppies that are purebred but not AKC registered typically cost less than those that are AKC registered.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Beagle Puppy in Maryland?
Where can you find a free beagle puppy in Maryland? Unfortunately, free beagle puppies are very hard to find.
Beagles are not cheap dogs to purchase or maintain, so anyone offering you a “free” one is likely running a scam. Don’t be fooled.
If you’re set on getting a beagle puppy and live in Maryland, your best bet is to check with your local animal shelters and rescue groups.
Some of these organizations may have beagles available for adoption, although they will likely come with a fee.
Beagle puppies are some of the most popular dogs in America and for good reason. They’re friendly, energetic, and make great family pets.
Beagles are very hard to find for free.
How Long Do Beagles Live?
The lifespan of a Beagle is around 12 to 15 years.
What Colors Do Beagles Come In?
Beagles can come in any hound color including tri-color, red and white, and lemon.
When Do Beagles Stop Growing?
A Beagle will stop growing at around 1-year-old.
Do Beagles Bark A Lot?
Beagles bark a lot, they are known to be quite vocal dogs. They will bark when they are happy, excited, or even when they are bored.
Do Beagles Shed?
Beagles shed a moderate amount. They will shed more during the spring and fall when they are blowing their coat.
How to Find A Responsible Beagle Breeder in Maryland
When you’ve decided that a beagle is a perfect breed for you, the next step is finding a reputable breeder. A responsible breeder will have healthy, well-socialized puppies that are ready to become part of your family.
Here are some tips on how to find a responsible beagle breeder in Maryland MD:
- Do your research. Ask friends, family, and your veterinarian for recommendations. Once you’ve compiled a list of potential breeders, visit their websites and learn as much as you can about their breeding practices.
- Make sure the breeder is licensed and inspected by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s Animal Care and Facilities Program.
- Ask the breeder about the health of the puppies’ parents. A responsible breeder will be able to provide you with documentation of the parents’ health clearances.
- Observe the conditions in which the puppies are being raised. The breeder should keep the puppies in a clean, spacious environment with plenty of toys and socialization opportunities.
- Ask questions. A responsible breeder will be happy to answer all of your questions and address any concerns you may have.
By following these tips, you can be sure that you’ll find a responsible beagle breeder in Maryland, and end up with a furry friend that brings joy to your life for years to come.
Visit Your Maryland Beagle Breeder in Person
It is very important to visit your potential breeder. Beagle breeders in Maryland offer a wide variety of services to people looking for their next furry family member.
Some of these include providing potential owners with information about the Beagle breed, helping them find the right Beagle for their family, and even delivering the pup to their new home.
No matter what your needs are, there’s sure to be a Maryland Beagle breeder that can help you out.
When you’re ready to start your search for a Beagle breeder in Maryland, take some time to visit the kennel or farm in person. This will give you a chance to meet the staff and see the puppies in person.
It’s also a good opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the Beagle breed or the breeder’s specific dogs.
Whether you live in Maryland or not, visiting your potential breeder is a great idea.
Questions to Ask
Ask for References from Your Beagle Breeder in Maryland
Beagle breeders in Maryland should be able to provide you with a list of references from past customers. This will give you a good idea of the quality of puppies that the breeder produces, as well as their customer service skills.
It’s always a good idea to ask for references, even if you’re not sure you’ll use them.
When contacting references, be sure to ask about the following:
- The health and temperaments of the puppies
- How well the breeder communicated throughout the process
- If they would recommend the breeder to others
If you’re unable to get in touch with any references, that’s a red flag and you should look elsewhere for your Beagle puppy.
The Maryland Beagle Club
The Maryland Beagle Club is a great resource for anyone looking for a Beagle breeder in Maryland. The club keeps a list of reputable breeders in the state, so you can be sure you’re getting a quality puppy.
In order to be listed on the club’s website, breeders must meet certain requirements, such as being a member of the National Beagle Club of America and having their kennel inspected by the American Kennel Club.
Additionally, breeders must agree to abide by the club’s code of ethics, which includes responsible breeding practices and providing buyers with all the information they need to care for their new puppy.
If you’re thinking about getting a Beagle puppy, be sure to do your research and find a reputable Beagle Breeder in Maryland.
Ask Your Maryland Beagle Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
A reputable breeder will not have any problem letting you meet some of their past customers. This is a great way to get an idea of what kind of puppies they produce and the type of people they sell them to.
You can also ask these customers about their experience with the breeder and see if they would recommend them to others.
Meeting past customers will allow you to get a feel for what the breeder is like and how they operate their business.
It also shows that the breeder is confident in their dogs and is not afraid to let potential buyers meet some of the people who have already purchased puppies from them.
Does Your Maryland Beagle Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
Ask if your breeder has a good veterinarian that they use. Good breeders will take their dogs to the vet for routine check-ups and vaccinations.
They will also have a good relationship with their veterinarian and be able to get their dogs in to see the vet quickly if they are sick or injured.
A good breeder will also be able to tell you about any health problems that are common in Beagles and whether or not their dogs have been affected by any of these conditions.
Beagles are generally healthy dogs, but there are some health conditions that are more common in this breed than others. These include hip dysplasia, epilepsy, and eye problems.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Beagle Dog Breeder in Maryland
Some of the signs of unethical dog breeders are:
- Not providing proper medical care for their dogs.
- Not keeping their dogs in clean and sanitary conditions.
- Keeping their dogs in cages that are too small.
- Not socializing their dogs enough.
- Selling sick or injured puppies.
- Not being transparent about the health problems of the puppies they are selling.
- Lying about the age, breed, or history of the puppies they are selling.
- Using false advertising to sell puppies.
- Not providing buyers with a contract or guarantee when they purchase a puppy from them.
- Refusing to give buyers their money back if they are not happy with the puppy they purchased from them.”
There are many more signs of unethical breeders but here are a few. It’s important to trust your gut.
Ask The Maryland Breeder if Your Beagle Puppy Has Any Health Problems
Your potential Maryland beagle breeder should know of any health problems your puppy has.
While beagles are a relatively healthy breed, they are prone to certain health conditions. These include weight gain, hip dysplasia, epilepsy, and eye problems.
Beagles are also susceptible to something called “reverse sneezing.” This is when the soft palate in the back of the throat vibrates and makes a snorting noise. It’s not dangerous, but it can be annoying.
If your potential breeder doesn’t seem to know much about these health issues, or if they say that none of their puppies have any health problems, you might want to look elsewhere. A responsible breeder will be up-front about any health concerns their dogs have.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Beagle Puppy
Congratulations on your new beagle puppy. They are sure to bring a lot of joy (and maybe a little mischief) into your life. But before they arrive, you need to do some preparation to make sure your home is ready for them.
Here are some tips:
- Puppy-proof your home. Beagles are known for their curious and playful nature, so you’ll want to make sure any potential hazards are out of reach. This includes things like electrical cords, small objects that could be swallowed, toxic plants, and chemicals. You’ll also want to secure any trash cans or other items that they could get into.
- Set up a comfortable place for them to sleep and rest. This could be a crate or dog bed in a quiet area of your home.
- Get the supplies you need ahead of time. This includes food, bowls, a leash, collar, ID tag, toys, and anything else you think they might need.
- Introduce them to your other pets slowly. If you have other dogs at home, introduce them gradually and supervised them at first. The same goes for any cats or other animals you have.
- Have patience and be prepared for some accidents. Puppies are still learning to control their bladder and bowel movements, so accidents are bound to happen. Be patient and consistent with potty training and they’ll get the hang of it in no time.
Potty Training Your New Beagle Puppy
One of the first things you’ll need to do when you get your new beagle puppy home is to start potty training. Potty training can be a bit of a challenge, but if you’re patient and consistent, you should be able to get your pup housetrained within a few months.
Here are some tips for potty training your new beagle puppy:
- Establish a regular routine. Feeding, walking, and sleeping at the same time each day will help your puppy learn when it’s time to go potty.
- Take your puppy out often. A good rule of thumb is to take your pup out every two hours during the day, and right after waking up, eating, or playing.
- Be patient. It takes most puppies several months to be fully housetrained. Don’t get angry or frustrated if your pup has an accident – just clean it up and continue with your potty training routine.
- Reward good behavior. When your puppy goes potty in the desired location, be sure to praise him or her enthusiastically. Giving your pup a treat can also be a great way to reinforce good behavior.
With a little patience and consistency, you should be able to potty train your new beagle puppy in no time.
The Benefits of Purchasing A Beagle from A Reputable Breeder
When looking for a beagle, it is important that you find a reputable breeder. There are many benefits to purchasing your beagle from a reputable source.
A good breeder will have healthy dogs that have been well-cared for and socialized.
They will also be able to provide you with information about the lineage of the dog and any health problems that may be associated with the breed.
Beagles are great family dogs and can provide years of companionship. They are relatively easy to train and make excellent watchdogs.
Beagles are also known for their friendly dispositions and love of people. If you are looking for a loyal companion, a beagle may be the perfect dog for you.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.