Beagle Puppies for Sale in Missouri
Looking for Beagle puppies for sale in Missouri? Browse through our network of local puppy breeders in Missouri and find the right beagle puppy today.
Missouri is a great state to find a large selection of beagle breeders. Whether it be Kansas City, St. Louis, or Springfield, you’ll be sure to find the beagle puppy you’re looking for.
Beagles have become one of the most popular breeds in recent years, and it’s no wonder. These dogs are loving, friendly, and make great family pets. If you’re looking for a beagle puppy in Missouri, browse through our breeder directory below. You’re sure to find the perfect pup.
Beagle Breeders List in Missouri
|Osage Ridge Beagles||Augusta, MO||636-675-6757||Website|
|Puppys R Us||West Plains, MO||417-280-1397||Website|
|Love Our Pups||Koshkonong, MO||417-280-6442||Website|
|Ozark Puppy Love||Ozark Mountains, MO||417-280-5828||Website|
|Beaglebay||Thayer, MO|| 417-264-2530,
|Brittany Blanchard||Lamar, MO||417-214-5261||No Website|
|Jenny And Kyle Marti||Lamar, MO||417-540-0915||Website|
|Mike And Melanie Moore||Lamar, MO||417-682-8522||Website|
|Monark Puppies – Judy Speak Miller||Neosho, MO||417-472-3628||Website|
Beagle Breeder Details in Missouri
Alternative Places to Purchase a Beagle Puppy
Beagle Breeders in Neighboring States
For the complete list please see our Listings of Breeders page.
What Is The Average Price for A Beagle Puppy in Missouri?
The average price for a Beagle puppy in Missouri is $500. This price can vary depending on the specific breeder, their location, and the availability of puppies.
Beagle puppies are an excellent addition to any family. They are friendly, outgoing, and have a great sense of smell. If you are looking for a hunting companion or just a loyal friend, a Beagle is a perfect choice.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Beagle Puppy in Missouri?
Unfortunately, no, while there may be some free beagles available from time to time, they are not always easy to find. Beagles are one of the most popular breeds of dogs in the United States, so demand is high and supply is often limited.
If you’re set on getting a free beagle puppy, your best bet is to check with local animal shelters and rescue groups. You may also want to check online classifieds websites like Craigslist or Freecycle.org.
With a little patience and perseverance, you may be able to find the perfect free beagle puppy in Missouri.
How Long Do Beagles Live?
Beagles typically have a lifespan of 12-15 years. However, some may live even longer, while others may not make it to their 10th birthday. The best way to ensure your beagle lives a long and happy life is to take good care of him or her and visit the vet regularly for checkups and vaccinations.
Do Beagles Shed?
Yes, beagles do shed. They are considered a “medium-shedding” breed, which means they will shed more than some breeds (like poodles), but less than others (like huskies). Beagles typically shed the most in the spring and fall, when they are blowing out their coats to prepare for the changing seasons.
Are Beagles Good Family Dogs?
Yes, beagles are good family dogs. They are gentle, affectionate, and good with children of all ages. Beagles are also relatively easy to train as well.
How to Find A Responsible Beagle Breeder in Missouri
If you’re looking for a Beagle in Missouri, it’s important to find a responsible breeder. A responsible breeder will have healthy, well-socialized puppies that are ready to join their forever homes.
Here are some tips on how to find a responsible Beagle breeder in Missouri:
- Do your research. Before you start contacting breeders, it’s important to do your research and make sure you’re prepared to bring a Beagle puppy into your home.
- Learn about the different types of Beagles and what characteristics they may have. This will help you narrow down which type of Beagle you’re interested in and make it easier to find a breeder that specializes in the type of Beagle you want.
- Ask around. Talk to your friends, family, and co-workers who may have Beagles or have purchased a Beagle in the past. They may be able to point you in the right direction of a responsible breeder.
- Check online directories. There are several online directories that list Beagle breeders in Missouri. This is a great way to get started on your search and find several potential breeders to contact.
- Contact the breeders. Once you’ve found a few potential breeders, it’s time to start contacting them. Ask questions about their breeding program, their puppies, and themselves.
- A responsible breeder will be happy to answer any questions you have and will welcome you to visit their facility.
- Visit the breeders. Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential breeders, it’s time to visit them. This is the best way to get a feel for their operation and meet the puppies in person.
Visit Your Missouri Beagle Breeder in Person
Visiting your potential beagle breeder in person is a vital step in getting a beagle puppy.
You will want to see the environment in which the beagle puppies are raised, meet the parents of your potential puppy, and ask questions about the beagle breed.
Visiting your breeder will also allow you to see firsthand what type of commitment the breeder has to the beagle breed and to the puppies they are producing.
Be sure to visit several breeders and ask lots of questions before making your final decision on which beagle breeder to purchase your puppy from.
Some things you will want to keep in mind when visiting a beagle breeder include:
- The environment in which the puppies are raised – Are the puppies kept in a clean, comfortable, and safe environment?
- The health of the puppies – Are the puppies up-to-date on their vaccinations and dewormings? Do they appear healthy and well-nourished?
- The temperament of the puppies – Do the puppies seem happy and friendly?
Beagle breeders in Missouri take great pride in their dogs and are passionate about matching them with the right families.
A good breeder will be able to answer all of your questions and put your mind at ease.
Questions to Ask
Ask for References from Your Beagle Breeder in Missouri
A reputable beagle breeder will be more than happy to provide you with a list of references.
These references can be other dog breeders, dog trainers, or even your local veterinarian. This will give you an opportunity to ask questions and get first-hand accounts of the breeder’s dogs and puppies.
References will be able to tell you if the beagle breeder in Missouri is responsible and cares for their dogs properly.
You will also be able to find out if the puppies are healthy or if they have had any problems since being brought home.
A good breeder will also provide a health guarantee for their puppies. This is important in case your puppy ends up developing any health problems later on down the road.
If for some reason, your breeder is unable or unwilling to provide you with references, this should be a huge red flag and you should look elsewhere.
Do Some Research on Your Beagle Breeder in Missouri
Just like any other type of business, there are some bad apples in the dog breeding industry. That’s why it’s important to do your homework before selecting a beagle breeder in Missouri.
Checking out online reviews is a good place to start. You can also contact the Better Business Bureau to see if there have been any complaints filed against the breeder.
Ask Your Missouri Beagle Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
Meeting past customers is vital when choosing a beagle breeder in Missouri. This will give you the opportunity to ask questions about the beagle’s temperament, health, and energy level.
Meeting past customers will also give you a good idea of what to expect in terms of customer service from the beagle breeder.
If the beagle breeder is unwilling to let you meet past customers, this is a red flag and you should move on to another breeder.
Does Your Missouri Beagle Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
A beagle breeder in Missouri should have a good veterinarian they use to help care for the puppies and their parents.
Does your beagle breeder have a good relationship with their veterinarian?
Do they take the time to keep the vet updated on the health of their dogs?
A good breeder will also make sure that all of their dogs are up to date on their vaccinations and routine check-ups.
A good breeder/veterinarian relationship is important for the health of the puppies and the dogs.
A bonus would be if you lived close enough to the veterinarian that you could continue to use him.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Beagle Dog Breeder in Missouri
When you are looking for a beagle dog breeder in Missouri, it is important to be aware of the signs that may indicate that the breeder is not ethical. Here are some things to look for:
- The breeder does not allow you to see the mother and father of the puppies.
- The breeder does not allow you to see where the puppies are born and raised.
- The breeder does not provide health records for the parents or puppies.
- The breeder sells puppies that are younger than 8 weeks old.
- The breeder refuses to give you a tour of the facilities where the dogs are kept.
- The breeder seems more interested in making a sale than in finding the right home for each puppy.
- The breeder pressures you to make a decision on the spot.
If you see any of these red flags, it is best to walk away and find another breeder.
A responsible and ethical breeder will be happy to answer your questions and show you around their facilities. They will also be careful to match each puppy with the right family, and they will make sure that you have all the information you need.
Ask The Missouri Breeder if Your Beagle Puppy Has Any Health Problems
Beagle breeders in Missouri are a dime a dozen. With so many to choose from, how can you be sure you’re getting a healthy puppy? Here are some tips:
- Ask the breeder if your Beagle puppy has any health problems.
- Make sure the breeder provides you with a health guarantee.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for references from other dog owners who have purchased puppies from the same breeder.
- Do your own research on the Beagle breed and talk to your veterinarian about any concerns you may have.
By following these simple tips, you can be sure you’re getting a healthy Beagle puppy from a reputable Missouri breeder.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Beagle Puppy
Beagle puppies are adorable, and they can quickly become a beloved member of your family.
But before you bring home your new furry friend, you’ll need to do some preparation to make sure your home is ready. Here are a few tips:
- Puppy-proof your home. Beagles are curious little creatures, and they’ll want to explore every nook and cranny of your home. So it’s important to puppy-proof your place before they arrive. Remove anything that could be potentially harmful or dangerous, such as chemicals, medications, electrical cords, etc. You should also put away any small items that the puppy could choke on.
- Set up a designated potty area. It’s important to have a specific area for your puppy to relieve themselves. Choose an area that’s easy to clean and keep accessible at all times. You’ll also want to consider using potty pads or artificial grass to make things easier on both you and your pup.
- Get the right food and supplies. Be sure to purchase Puppy food, as well as some high-quality chew toys, before bringing your furry friend home. It’s also a good idea to have a crate or dog bed set up in advance.
- Establish rules and boundaries. Before your puppy arrives, it’s important to establish some rules and boundaries. Decide which areas of the house they’re allowed in, as well as what behaviors are acceptable (jumping on furniture, chewing, etc.). It’s also important to socialize your puppy from an early age, so they know how to interact with other people and animals.
- Have patience. Puppies are a lot of work, so be prepared for some sleepless nights and lots of messes. But the effort will be worth it when you have a happy, healthy, well-adjusted dog as part of your family.
Potty Training Your New Beagle Puppy
Beagle puppies are adorable, and potty training them can be fun. The key to success is patience and consistency. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Choose a designated potty area for your puppy. It can be outdoors in your yard or on a special indoor spot, like a Puppy Pad or Potty Patch.
- Take your puppy to the potty area frequently, especially after meals, naps and playtime.
- Reward your puppy with praise or treats when he goes in the designated spot.
- Never punish your puppy for accidents – this will only make him fearful and less likely to want to use the potty area in the future.
If you need help, talk to your veterinarian or a professional dog trainer. They can give you more specific advice based on your puppy’s individual personality and needs.
Be patient – it takes time for puppies to learn this important life skill. But with love and patience, you’ll soon have a well-trained pup.
The Benefits of Purchasing A Beagle from A Reputable Breeder
When you purchase a Beagle from a reputable breeder, you can be assured that your dog will have a sound mind and body.
A good breeder will have carefully selected their breeding stock for temperament and health clearances.
They will also have raised the puppies in a loving home environment, providing them with the socialization and training they need to be great family pets.
Beagles purchased from pet stores or backyard breeders are often not as lucky. These dogs may come from puppy mills or irresponsible breeders who do not care for their animals properly.
As a result, these dogs may be sickly, poorly socialized, and difficult to train.
So, if you’re looking for a healthy, well-adjusted Beagle, be sure to purchase your pup from a reputable breeder.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.