Cane Corso Puppies for Sale in New York
New York is home to many responsible Cane Corso breeders who are dedicated to producing healthy, quality puppies.
The Cane Corso is a large, powerful dog that requires an experienced owner who can provide firm, consistent training. This breed is not recommended for first-time dog owners. Puppies can be very boisterous and require a great deal of socialization in order to become well-rounded adults.
If you are interested in purchasing a Cane Corso puppy, it is important to do your research and make sure you are working with a responsible breeder. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Start by talking to other Cane Corso owners in New York. Ask them where they got their dogs and if they would recommend their breeder.
2. Attend Cane Corso breed events and meet as many breeders as possible. This will give you a chance to ask questions and get to know them better.
3. Do some online research. Read articles, forums, and reviews about Cane Corsos and breeders in New York.
4. Once you have narrowed down your list of potential breeders, visit their kennels and meet the dogs and puppies. Ask to see health clearances and make sure the breeder is providing proper care for their animals.
5. Be prepared to ask lots of questions. A responsible breeder will be happy to answer any questions you have about the Cane Corso breed.
Please check out our list of Cane Corso breeders down below.
Cane Corso Breeders List in New York
|Canine Corral||Huntington Station, NY||631-549-1544||Website|
|Liberty Cane Corso||Orange County, NY||845-672-9143||Website|
|La Faccia Cane Corso||Montebello, NY||845-369-0349||Website|
|Casanova Cane Corso||Wayland, NY||585-519-1580||Website|
|Borealis Cane Corso||Troy, NY||518-686-3087||Website|
|Cane Corso de Italica Terrae||New York, NY||914-426-4360||Website|
|Maelife Cane Corso’s||Utica, NY||315-507-1922||No Website|
Cane Corso Breeder Details in New York
Maelife Cane Corso’s
Alternative Places to Purchase a Cane Corso Puppy
Cane Corso Breeders in Other States
- Cane Corso Breeders In Delaware
- Cane Corso Breeders In New-Hampshire
- Cane Corso Breeders In Ohio
- Cane Corso Breeders In Pennsylvania
For the complete list please see our Cane Corso Reference Links page.
What Is The Average Price for A Cane Corso Puppy in New York?
The average price for a Cane Corso puppy in New York is $1,500. This price can vary depending on factors such as the breeder’s location, the dog’s color and markings, and whether the dog is show quality or pet quality.
What Colors Do Cane Corsos Come In?
Cane Corsos come in a variety of colors including black, blue, brindle, fawn, and red. The most common color is black.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Cane Corso Puppy in New York?
You may be able to find a free Cane Corso puppy in New York if you are willing to put in the time and effort to look.
Free Cane Corsos are often given away by rescue groups or shelters when they have too many dogs and not enough adopters.
Sometimes people must rehome their dogs for various reasons and will give them away for free rather than take them to a shelter. Checking online classified ads, Facebook groups, and visiting local shelters are all great ways to find a free Cane Corso puppy in New York.
How to Find A Responsible Cane Corso Breeder in New York
When looking for a responsible Cane Corso breeder in NY, there are certain criteria that you should look for.
A good breeder will have a deep love and understanding of the breed, and they will be dedicated to producing healthy and well-adjusted puppies.
They will also be open and honest with you about any health concerns that their dogs may have.
Here are some tips on how to find a responsible Cane Corso breeder in New York NY:
1. Do your research. Before contacting any breeders, it’s important that you do your homework and learn as much as you can about the Cane Corso breed. This includes reading up on the history of the breed, learning about their temperament and personality traits, and understanding their exercise and grooming needs.
This will help you narrow down your search to only those breeders who are a good match for you and your lifestyle.
2. Ask around. Talk to friends, family, and your veterinarian to see if they know of any reputable Cane Corso breeders in New York. They may also be able to give you some useful tips on what to look for in a responsible breeder.
3. Check out online directories. There are several online directories that list Cane Corso breeders in New York, such as the American Kennel Club’s Breeder Referral Program and the Cane Corso Club of America’s Breeders Directory. These directories can be a great way to find responsible breeders in your area.
4. Attend dog shows. If you have the opportunity to attend a Cane Corso dog show, this is a great way to meet breeders and see their dogs in person. You can also get a feel for the breeder’s level of knowledge and expertise, and ask them questions about their breeding program.
5. Contact the breeders. Once you’ve compiled a list of potential breeders, it’s time to start contacting them.
Be sure to ask lots of questions about their dogs, their breeding program, and their experience in the breed.
A good breeder will be happy to answer all of your questions and will be open and honest with you about their dogs.
Follow these tips to help you find a reputable breeder.
Visit Your New York Cane Corso Breeder in Person
Visiting your breeder is a very important step in finding a responsible breeder. A visit allows you to see the environment in which the puppies are raised, meet the parents of the puppies, and ask questions of the breeder.
It also allows the breeder to get to know you and gauge whether or not you would be a responsible owner for one of their dogs.
Make sure you visit more than one breeder before making a decision. This will allow you to compare different breeders and find one that is the best match for you and your lifestyle.
Here are some things to keep in mind when visiting a breeder:
- Ask to see where the dogs are kept. The conditions should be clean and spacious.
- Ask about the health of the parents and if they have any genetic problems that could be passed down to the puppies.
- Find out what kind of temperament the parents have. This will give you a good idea of what to expect from the puppies.
- Ask about the breeder’s experience and how long they have been breeding Cane Corsos.
- Inquire about the breeder’s policies on returning a puppy if it doesn’t work out.
- Ask to see the contract that you will be required to sign if you decide to purchase a puppy.
These are just a few of the things to keep in mind while visiting your breeder.
Questions to Ask
Ask for References from Your Cane Corso Breeder in New York
Along with visiting your breeder, you need to ask your breeder for references. A good breeder will have no problem providing you with references.
These references can include the names and contact information of previous customers, other breeders, rescue organizations, trainers, veterinarians, or anyone else who has first-hand experience with the breeder’s dogs.
A responsible breeder will also be happy to answer any questions you have about their dogs or breeding practices.
When you contact the references provided by your Cane Corso breeder in New York NY, be sure to ask specific questions.
For example, you might want to ask about the health and temperament of the dog, how well the dog has been trained, and what kind of support the breeder provided after the sale. You should also ask if they would recommend the breeder to others.
If the references provided by your breeder are reluctant to answer your questions or seem less than enthusiastic about the breeder, it’s a red flag that you should look elsewhere for your Cane Corso.
Ask Your New York Cane Corso Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
If the breeder is a good one, they should have no problem giving you references of past customers.
A good breeder will also be more than happy to keep in touch with you after you’ve taken your new puppy home and answer any questions or concerns you have along the way.
When meeting with a potential Cane Corso Breeder, pay attention to see if their dogs look well cared for.
- Are the kennels clean?
- Do the dogs have fresh water and food?
- Do they look like they’ve been groomed recently?
- Are the puppies socialized and used to being around people?
These are all important factors to consider when choosing a breeder.
Be sure to ask the breeder plenty of questions and be prepared to answer some questions as well.
A good breeder will want to make sure that you are a suitable owner of one of their dogs.
Does Your New York Cane Corso Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
This is an important question to ask your Cane Corso Breeder in New York NY. A good breeder will have a regular veterinarian that they use for their dogs and puppies.
You should be able to get the name and contact information for the veterinarian from the Cane Corso Breeder in New York. This way, if you ever have any questions or concerns about your dog’s health, you can contact the vet directly.
To be on your shortlist of breeders you might want to purchase a puppy from, a breeder must have a relationship with a veterinarian.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Cane Corso Dog Breeder in New York
When you are looking for a reputable Cane Corso breeder in New York, it’s important to be aware of the signs of an unethical breeder. There are many unethical breeders who either don’t take proper care of their dogs or who are only interested in making a quick profit.
Either way, these breeders can end up causing a lot of harm to the dogs they produce.
One of the most common signs of an unethical Cane Corso dog breeder is a lack of cleanliness. A good breeder will keep their kennels clean and free from debris.
They will also make sure that their dogs have plenty of fresh water and food. If you visit a breeder’s facility and it looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in weeks, it’s a good idea to look elsewhere.
Another sign of an unethical Cane Corso dog breeder is a reluctance to answer questions. A good breeder will be happy to answer any questions you have about their dogs.
They should also be able to provide you with information about the dog’s parents and their health history. If a breeder doesn’t want to answer your questions or seems evasive, it’s a good idea to find someone else.
It’s also important to beware of breeders who are only interested in making a quick sale. These breeders may not take the time to screen buyers properly or may sell their dogs without regard for the animal’s welfare.
Please report any unethical breeders that you might come in contact with.
Ask The New York Breeder if Your Cane Corso Puppy Has Any Health Problems
Like all breeds, Cane Corsos will run into health problems as well. Some are minor, like allergies, while others can be more severe.
You want to know about all health problems so you can watch for signs and get treatment early if there is a problem. Good breeders will do genetic testing on their dogs to avoid passing along known health problems to the pups they produce.
Some of the health problems that Cane Corsos may have include:
Hip dysplasia: This is an inherited condition in which the ball and socket of the hip joint don’t fit together well. It can cause pain and lameness. Dogs with hip dysplasia should not be bred because it is a hereditary condition.
Elbow dysplasia: This is another inherited condition that causes the bones in the elbow joint to grow abnormally. It can also cause pain and lameness. Dogs with elbow dysplasia should not be bred because it is a hereditary condition.
Cardiac problems: Some Cane Corsos have heart problems that can range from mild to severe. The most common cardiac problem in the breed is called subaortic stenosis, which is a narrowing of the blood vessel that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to the aorta.
These are a few of the major Cane Corso health problems. As we mentioned, all dogs experience some health problems, as an owner you just want to know which ones your pet is susceptible to.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Cane Corso Puppy
Congratulations on your new Cane Corso puppy! Bringing a new furry friend into your home is an exciting time that comes with lots of preparation.
Your little one will need a place to sleep, food and water bowls, toys, and a collar and leash. You’ll also want to do some puppy-proofing around your house before they arrive. Here are some tips on how to get started:
1. Choose the right location for your puppy’s sleeping area. It should be in a quiet spot away from drafts, traffic, and other animals. Puppies also like to chew, so make sure their bedding is made of chewing-resistant materials like nylon or canvas.
2. Set up food and water bowls in a convenient spot that’s easily accessible to your puppy. Puppies need to eat frequently, so having their meals close by will help them stay on schedule.
3. Choose toys that are specifically designed for puppies. These should be soft and easy to chew on, like plush toys or rope toys. Avoid hard objects like bones or rawhide chews, which can break a puppy’s teeth.
4. Do some puppy-proofing around your house before they arrive. This means safe-proofing any areas where they will have access, like the kitchen and bathroom. Remove anything that could be harmful to them, like cleaning products and medications.
We hope you enjoy your new puppy!
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.