Cavapoo Puppies for Sale in Connecticut
Cavapoo puppies are one of the most popular breeds in Connecticut.
They’re a Poodle and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel mix that loves attention and is known for being great with children. Cavapoos make great family pets, are hypoallergenic, and don’t shed much at all.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
If you’re looking for Cavapoo breeders in Connecticut, this post will help you find the perfect pup. We’ve gathered a list of the best Cavapoo breeders in the state so that you can start your search with ease.
Visit our list of vetted and respected Cavapoo breeders in Connecticut, CT down below.
Cavapoo Breeders List in Connecticut
|CT Breeder||Norwalk, CT||203-636-0128||Website|
|Safari Stan’s Pet Center||New Haven, CT||203-901-1003||Website|
|The Puppy Palace||Glastonbury, CT||860-781-8777||Website|
|Triple Oaks Kennel||Dayville, CT||860-774-2711||No Website|
Cavapoo Breeder Details in Connecticut
Safari Stan’s Pet Center
New Haven, CT
The Puppy Palace
Triple Oaks Kennel
Alternative Places to Purchase a Cavapoo Puppy
Cavapoo Breeders in Other States
- Cavapoo Breeders In Massachusetts
- Cavapoo Breeders In New Jersey
- Cavapoo Breeders In New York
- Cavapoo Breeders In Pennsylvania
For the complete list please see our Resource Page page.
What Is The Average Price for A Cavapoo Puppy in Connecticut?
When looking for Cavapoo puppies for sale in Connecticut, the average price you’ll find is around $2000.
Of course, there are always going to be breeders who charge more or less than this, but this number should give you a good idea of what to expect when budgeting for your new pup.
Cavapoos are a designer breed, so their higher price tag is to be expected. They’re a cross between two popular breeds and are known for being great family pets.
If you’re set on getting a Cavapoo puppy, then be prepared to pay anywhere from $1500-$2500. This price range will ensure that you get a healthy pup from a reputable breeder.
Is It Possible to Find a Free Cavapoo Puppy in Connecticut?
Although it’s possible to find free Cavapoo puppies in Connecticut, we don’t recommend it.
There are many reasons why you shouldn’t get a free Cavapoo puppy, even if you think you’re getting a good deal.
For starters, free Cavapoo puppies are more likely to come from backyard breeders or puppy mills. These types of breeders often don’t have the best interests of the puppies at heart and they’re not always properly vaccinated or socialized.
Additionally, free Cavapoo puppies are more likely to have health and behavior problems since they haven’t received the proper care and attention that they need.
If you’re set on getting a Cavapoo puppy, we recommend working with a reputable breeder and being willing to pay the average price for one.
How to Find A Responsible Cavapoo Breeder in Connecticut
So, you’ve decided that you want a Cavapoo. Now comes the hard part: finding a responsible breeder who has healthy, well-bred puppies.
This is not an easy task and will require some research on your part. But it’s worth it to find a Cavapoo breeder in Connecticut CT who has dogs that are happy and healthy.
Here are some tips for finding a responsible Cavapoo breeder in Connecticut:
- Do your homework: Talk to other Cavapoo owners, read online reviews, and contact the Better Business Bureau to check for complaints. A good breeder will have nothing to hide and will be happy to answer your questions.
- Visit the facility: A responsible breeder will welcome you to their home or kennel and show you around. This will give you a chance to meet the parents of the puppies and see the living conditions.
- Ask about health clearances: A responsible Cavapoo breeder should have all their dogs’ health clearances, including hips, eyes, and heart. They should also be able to provide proof that the puppies have been checked by a veterinarian and are up-to-date on their shots.
- Get a written contract: A good Cavapoo breeder will give you a written contract that includes a health guarantee. This contract will protect both you and the breeder if there are any problems with the puppy.
- Be prepared to pay a bit more: A responsible Cavapoo breeder is not in it for the money and will charge a fair price for their puppies. This price may be higher than what you’d pay at a pet store, but it’s worth it to get a healthy puppy from a reputable breeder.
When you find a Cavapoo breeder in Connecticut that you’re comfortable with, you’ll be on your way to getting a new furry friend.
Visit Your Connecticut Cavapoo Breeder in Person
When you are ready to visit Cavapoo breeders in Connecticut, there are a few things that you should keep in mind.
First, always visit the breeder in person so that you can meet the puppies and their parents. This will give you a better idea of what to expect when you bring your new puppy home.
Visiting your potential breeder will allow you to ask questions about their Cavapoos and get a feel for their facilities.
Second, make sure to ask plenty of questions about the Cavapoo breed so that you can learn as much as possible.
Third, be prepared to pay a bit more for a Cavapoo puppy than you would for a traditional dog breed because they are still relatively rare.
Lastly, always get everything in writing so that there are no surprises down the road.
Once you have found a Cavapoo breeder that you are comfortable with, be sure to put down
Questions to Ask
Ask for References from Your Cavapoo Breeder in Connecticut
If you are thinking about purchasing a Cavapoo puppy in Connecticut, it’s important to do your research and ask for references from the breeder.
A responsible breeder will be able to provide you with references from other happy customers, as well as a list of veterinarians and dog trainers who can vouch for their puppies’ health and temperament.
References can also tell you what the transaction process was like and how the Cavapoo breeder in Connecticut handled any problems that arose.
If a breeder is unable or unwilling to provide references, that should be a red flag.
Move on to another breeder.
Ask Your Connecticut Cavapoo Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
One of the best things you can do when choosing a Connecticut Cavapoo breeder is to ask if you can meet past customers.
This way, you’ll be able to see first-hand what kind of experience other people have had with the breeder. Not only that, but you’ll also get a feel for the type of puppies they produce.
If the breeder refuses to let you meet past customers or seems evasive when answering your questions, that’s a red flag and you should move on to another breeder.
You should also be wary of Cavapoo breeders who don’t seem knowledgeable about the breed or who can’t answer your questions satisfactorily.
Does Your Connecticut Cavapoo Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
This is an important question to ask your Cavapoo breeder in Connecticut CT because it will help you make sure that your new puppy is getting the best possible care.
A good breeder will have a relationship with a veterinarian who can provide care for your new puppy throughout its life.
Make sure to ask your Cavapoo Breeder in Connecticut about their veterinary care plans and what vaccinations and dewormings are included in the price of the puppy.
You should also find out if the breeder offers any health guarantees or other types of protection for your new puppy.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Cavapoo Dog Breeder in Connecticut
Be very wary of Cavapoo breeders who:
Insist on meeting you at their home, rather than allowing you to visit the premises where the puppies and breeding dogs live. This could be a sign that they are hiding something.
- Do not allow you to see both parents of the puppies. The breeder should have no problem letting you meet both the mother and father dog.
- Are not able to provide health clearances for the parents of the puppies. Health clearances show that a dog has been examined by a veterinarian and cleared of genetic health problems.
- Do not allow you to ask questions or voice concerns. A good breeder will want to ensure that you are ready and able to provide a lifetime of care for one of their puppies.
- Are not willing to take the time to answer your questions and address your concerns.
- Do not have a contract or guarantee. A good breeder will want to make sure that their puppies are going to good homes and will often have a contract or guarantee in place.
- Seem more interested in making a sale than in finding the right home for their puppies.
- Try to sell you a puppy without letting you meet the parents or see where the puppies were raised.
If you encounter any of these red flags, it is best to walk away and find another breeder. There are plenty of Cavapoo breeders in Connecticut.
Ask The Connecticut Breeder if Your Cavapoo Puppy Has Any Health Problems
Your Cavapoo breeder should be able to tell you if there are any known health problems in the Cavapoo line.
Generally speaking, Cavapoos are a healthy crossbreed. However, like all breeds, they may be prone to certain conditions.
The most common health problem seen in Cavapoos is the luxating patella (loose kneecaps). Some other potential health issues include hip dysplasia, Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease, von Willebrand’s disease and epilepsy.
Be sure to ask your breeder about the health of your puppy’s parents and grandparents. A good breeder will be happy to answer any questions you have about the health of your pup.
When meeting Cavapoos for the first time, pay attention to how they interact with both people and other animals. A good Cavapoo breeder will socialize their puppies from an early age, so they should be comfortable around strangers and other dogs.
If a Cavapoo is shy or aggressive, that’s a red flag that the breeder is not responsible.
Cavapoos are typically very intelligent, loving, and playful dogs that make great family pets. With proper training and socialization, they can do well in a variety of homes.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Cavapoo Puppy
Another very important part of bringing a new puppy home is preparing your home for its arrival.
This. means puppy-proofing your home as much as possible. Anything that a puppy could potentially chew on or swallow should be out of reach, and any toxic household cleaners or chemicals should be put away.
You may also want to block off any areas of your home that you don’t want your puppy to have access to, such as the kitchen or bathroom.
It’s also important to make sure that you have all the supplies you need before your Cavapoo comes home.
This includes things like:
- Food and water bowls
- Collar and leash
- Crate or dog bed
- Potty pads
Having everything set up ahead of time will make the transition much easier for both you and your new puppy.
Potty Training Your New Cavapoo Puppy
Cavapoo puppies are smart and learn quickly, but like all puppies, they need proper potty training. The key to success is consistency and patience. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Choose a designated potty area in your yard: Take your puppy there frequently throughout the day. It’s important that they associate this spot with going to the bathroom.
2. Give them a command: When you take them outside, give them a command such as “go potty” or “do your business.” This will help them understand what you expect of them.
3. Reward them with praise or treats when they go in the designated spot: This positive reinforcement will encourage them to keep doing it.
4. Never punish them if they have an accident in the house: This will only make them afraid of you and confused about what you want from them.
5. Be patient and keep at it: It takes time for puppies to learn, but with consistency and positive reinforcement, they will get the hang of it in no time.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.