Chihuahua Puppies for Sale in Missouri
If you’re looking for a Chihuahua puppy in Missouri, you’ve come to the right place.
Here at ReadPlease, we have compiled the top Chihuahua breeders in the state and placed them in one convenient list.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
Browse through our listings and find your new furry friend today.
Missouri is home to many Chihuahua breeders, which means you have a great selection to choose from when looking for your new puppy. Chihuahuas have always been a popular breed, and with their small size and big personality, it’s easy to see why.
These dogs make great companions for people of all ages and lifestyles, and are sure to bring plenty of love and laughter into your life.
When looking for a Chihuahua breeder in Missouri, be sure to do your research and ask plenty of questions. This will help you find a breeder who is reputable and who will have healthy, happy puppies.
If you have any questions about our list of Chihuahua breeders in Missouri, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
Chihuahua Breeders List in Missouri
|Carsten’s Chihuahuas||Bois D’Arc, MO||417-773-2380||Website|
|Petland St. Louis||Lake St. Louis, MO||636-695-4503||Website|
|Lemon’s Full of Flaws Chihuahuas||Brumley, MO||573-369-6152||Website|
|Magic Puppies Kennel||Springfield, MO||417-385-3923||Website|
|Sharlette Tidwell Toy Puppies||West Plains, MO||417-257-6989||Website|
|Big Time||Lebanon, MO||417-588-7900||Website|
|Jullie Day||Saint Peters, MO||636-219-3513||No Website|
|Limelight Chihuahuas||Saint Charles, MO||636-699-6188||Website|
Chihuahua Breeder Details in Missouri
Saint Peters, MO
Alternative Places to Purchase a Chihuahua Puppy
Chihuahua Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our Listings of Chihuahua Breeders page.
What Is The Average Price for A Chihuahua Puppy in Missouri?
The average price for a Chihuahua puppy in Missouri is $600.
This price can vary depending on the breeder, the location, and the overall demand for Chihuahua puppies in Missouri.
Always be sure to do your research when looking for a reputable breeder, and never pay more than what is standard.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Chihuahua Puppy in Missouri?
Although it is possible to find a free Chihuahua puppy in Missouri, it is not recommended.
Free puppies are often unhealthy and have not been properly socialized or cared for.
It is always best to find a reputable breeder who can provide you with a healthy, happy puppy.
How Can I Find a Reputable Chihuahua Breeder in Missouri?
How to Find A Responsible Chihuahua Breeder in Missouri
There are a few things you can do to find a reputable Chihuahua breeder in Missouri:
- Ask around. Talk to friends, family, and your veterinarian to see if they know of any good breeders.
- Do your research. Once you’ve found a few potential breeders, take the time to read reviews and learn more about their business.
- Ask questions. When you contact a breeder, be sure to ask plenty of questions about their puppies, their breeding practices, and anything else you’re curious about.
- Visit the breeder. If possible, schedule a visit to the breeder’s facility so you can see the puppies and meet the parents.
These tips will give you a good idea of what to expect from your breeder.
What Are Some Tips for Choosing A Chihuahua Puppy?
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a Chihuahua puppy in Missouri:
- Consider your lifestyle: Chihuahuas are small dogs, but they still need plenty of exercise and stimulation. If you live an active lifestyle, choose a puppy that is energetic and playful. If you’re more of a couch potato, look for a calm and quiet puppy.
- Think about personality: Chihuahuas come in all shapes and sizes, but they all have one thing in common: their big personalities. Consider what kind of personality you’re looking for in a dog, and choose a puppy that matches your own personality.
- Choose wisely: With so many Chihuahua breeders in Missouri, it’s important to take your time and choose wisely. Be sure to do your research, visit the breeder’s facility, and ask plenty of questions before making your final decision.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Chihuahua Dog Breeder in Missouri
When you’re looking for Chihuahua breeders, it’s important to be able to spot the signs of an unethical breeder.
There are a few things you should look out for when searching for Chihuahua breeders in Missouri:
1. The first sign of an unethical Chihuahua breeder is if they refuse to let you see where the puppies are living. A good breeder will have no problem letting you see the puppies’ living quarters and meeting their parents. If the breeder refuses to let you do this, it’s a red flag.
2. Another sign of an unethical Chihuahua breeder is if they try to sell you a puppy that is sick or has health problems. A good breeder will only sell healthy puppies.
3. The third sign of an unethical Chihuahua breeder is if they don’t require a spay/neuter contract. A good breeder will always require that you get your puppy spayed or neutered when they reach the appropriate age.
4. The fourth sign of an unethical Chihuahua breeder is if they try to sell you a puppy that is too young. Puppies should be at least 8 weeks old before they leave their mother. If the breeder tries to sell you a younger puppy, it’s a red flag.
5. The fifth sign of an unethical Chihuahua breeder is if they don’t offer a health guarantee. A good breeder will always offer a health guarantee on their puppies.
If you see any of these signs, it’s best to avoid that breeder and look for someone else. There are plenty of ethical Chihuahua breeders in Missouri, so you shouldn’t have any trouble finding one.
Visit Your Missouri Chihuahua Breeder in Person
Take some time to visit the breeder’s premises in person. This is a crucial step in finding a responsible and ethical breeder. A good breeder will be happy to show you around their facility and introduce you to their dogs. They should be able to answer all of your questions about the breed and their dogs.
Visiting your potential breeder will allow you to see the conditions in which the dogs are living. The dogs should be clean, healthy and well-cared for. They should have ample space to run and play. The breeder’s premises should also be clean and well-maintained.
When you visit the breeder, pay attention to how they interact with their dogs.
- Do they seem to genuinely care about them?
- Are the dogs happy and friendly?
- Or do they seem fearful or neglected?
Be sure to ask about the health, temperament, and history of the parents and littermates. A good breeder will also be able to provide you with references from other happy customers.
A good breeder will be able to provide you with references from other satisfied customers. They should also be able to provide you with the contact information for the Chihuahua clubs they belong to, as well as a list of veterinarians they recommend.
Questions to Ask Your Breeder
Ask for References from Your Chihuahua Breeder in Missouri
When you have found a few breeders in Missouri that look promising, it’s time to start asking around for references. Any reputable breeder should be able to provide you with at least a few references from previous customers. These references can give you valuable insight into what it’s like to work with a particular breeder.
Be sure to follow up with each of the references and ask them specific questions about their experience. Some things you may want to ask about include:
- How was the overall experience?
- Was the breeder helpful and knowledgeable?
- Did they feel like they were able to get all of their questions answered?
- Would they recommend the breeder to others?
Getting references from a breeder is one of the best ways to get an idea of what they’re like to work with. If a breeder is unable or unwilling to provide you with references, that’s a major red flag and you should move on to another breeder.
Ask Your Missouri Chihuahua Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
If you’re looking for a Chihuahua Breeder in Missouri, don’t be afraid to ask for references. A good breeder will have no problem providing you with the contact information of past customers who can attest to their quality breeding practices.
Meeting past customers will allow you to get first-hand accounts of what it’s like to work with the breeder and own one of their Chihuahuas. You’ll be able to ask specific questions about the health, temperament, and overall care of the dog.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to multiple breeders in your area before making a decision. It’s important that you find a breeder you’re comfortable with and who breeds healthy, happy dogs.
The Missouri Chihuahua Breeders Association is a great resource for finding reputable breeders in your area. They provide a list of breeders on their website, as well as helpful information on choosing a breeder and what to expect when bringing a Chihuahua into your home.
This is a great way to get peace of mind that you’re dealing with a reputable source.
Does Your Missouri Chihuahua Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
Some Chihuahua breeders in Missouri will have a good veterinarian that they recommend and use for all of their litters. Ask the breeder who their veterinarian is and if you can speak with them.
It’s always a good idea to ask around about the veterinarian to see if they are reputable and have a good relationship with the breeder.
You want to make sure that your Chihuahua is going to be well taken care of and that the breeder is using a veterinarian that they trust.
Ask The Missouri Breeder if Your Chihuahua Puppy Has Any Health Problems
When you talk to the Missouri Chihuahua breeders, you need to find out if your puppy has any health problems.
You also want to inquire about the breeder’s refund policy in case your puppy turns out to have a health problem. You should also ask the breeder how many litters he or she produces each year, and how many of those are return customers.
The best Missouri Chihuahua breeders will be able to offer you a tour of their facility so that you can see for yourself the living conditions of their dogs which has a major impact on a puppy’s health. Good luck in finding a reputable Missouri Chihuahua breeder!
What Type Of Health Guarantee Does Your Missouri Chihuahua Breeder Offer?
When you are looking for a Chihuahua breeder in Missouri, you want to find one that offers a health guarantee. This will give you peace of mind knowing that your Chihuahua is healthy and free from any genetic defects.
Ask the breeder if they offer a health guarantee and what it covers. This is an important question to ask because it will give you an idea of how confident the breeder is in their dogs.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Chihuahua Puppy
One of the most important things you can do to prepare your home for your new Chihuahua puppy is to create a safe, nurturing environment. This means taking some time to puppy-proof your home so that your pup can explore and play without getting into any trouble.
Here are a few tips on how to puppy-proof your home:
1. Remove any potential hazards from around the house. This includes things like small objects that your pup could choke on, toxic plants, and dangerous chemicals.
2. Make sure that all electrical cords are out of reach and that any potentially dangerous appliances are kept locked away or out of use altogether.
3. Block off any stairways or areas where your pup could fall and hurt themselves.
4. Set up a safe, comfortable place for your pup to sleep and play. This could be a small crate or dog bed in a quiet corner of the house.
5. Stock up on puppy-proof toys and chewables to help keep your pup occupied and amused.
6. Be sure to socialize your pup from an early age so that they grow up to be confident and well-adjusted around people and other pets.
By taking some time to prepare your home for your new Chihuahua puppy, you can help ensure that your pup has a happy, healthy, and safe start in life.
What Are The Benefits of Purchasing A Chihuahua from A Reputable Breeder?
When it comes to finding the perfect Chihuahua, working with a reputable breeder is always the best bet.
Not only will you be able to find a breeder who can provide you with a healthy and happy pup, but you’ll also have access to a wealth of knowledge and resources. Here are just a few of the advantages of working with a reputable Chihuahua breeder:
1. You’ll be able to find a breeder who specializes in the type of Chihuahua you’re looking for. Whether you’re interested in a toy-size Chihuahua or a larger standard-size Chihuahua, there’s sure to be a breeder out there who can help you find your perfect match.
2. A reputable breeder will be able to provide you with all the information you need about your pup, including their health history, temperament, and even pedigree.
3. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that your Chihuahua comes from a healthy, loving home.
4. A reputable breeder will be able to offer you guidance and support throughout your pup’s life, ensuring that you always have someone to turn to with questions or concerns.
5. You’ll have the opportunity to purchase a Chihuahua with confidence, knowing that you’re getting a high-quality pup who has been bred responsibly.
When it comes to finding a Chihuahua, working with a reputable breeder is always the best way to go. Not only will you be able to find a healthy and happy pup, but you’ll also have access to a wealth of knowledge and resources.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.