Chihuahua Puppies for Sale in Tennessee
If you’re interested in adding an adorable Chihuahua to your family, You’ve come to the right place.
Here at ReadPlease we have gathered the top Chihuahua breeders in Tennessee to make your search easier.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
We know that finding the right breeder is important, which is why we only work with the best of the best.
Take a look at our list to find a reputable Chihuahua breeder near you.
The smallest of all breeds, the Chihuahua has an interesting history.
First discovered in Mexico in the mid-19th century, this breed is named after the Mexican state of Chihuahua. It’s believed that the Techichi, a native companion dog of the Toltec civilization, was crossbred with Chinese dogs brought over by Spanish traders.
The resulting offspring were then brought to Europe and America by travelers. During the height of its popularity in the 1990s, it was one of America’s most popular breeds.
Check out our list of reputable breeders down below.
Chihuahua Breeders List in Tennessee
|Precious Paws Chihuahuas||Parrottsville, TN||828-283-1140||No Website|
|Petland Knoxville||Knoxville, TN||865-407-2174||Website|
|Terlingua Chihuahuas||Franklin, TN||615-766-6201||Website|
|Sandi Lich||Hohenwald, TN||931-230-0416||Website|
Chihuahua Breeder Details in Tennessee
Precious Paws Chihuahuas
Alternative Places to Purchase a Chihuahua Puppy
Chihuahua Breeders in Other States
- Chihuahua Breeders In Alabama
- Chihuahua Breeders In Georgia
- Chihuahua Breeders In North Carolina
- Chihuahua Breeders In Virginia
For the complete list please see our Resource Page page.
What Is The Average Price for A Chihuahua Puppy in Tennessee?
The average price for a Chihuahua puppy in Tennessee is $600.
However, prices can vary depending on factors such as the breeder’s location, reputation, and how many puppies are in the litter.
You also need to factor in the cost of vaccinations, deworming, and other necessary medical care.
When looking for a Chihuahua puppy, it’s important to do your research and make sure you’re working with a reputable breeder.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Chihuahua Puppy in Tennessee?
You might be wondering if it’s possible to find a free Chihuahua puppy in Tennessee.
The answer is yes, but it might not be as easy as you think. Here are a few things to keep in mind when searching for a free Chihuahua puppy in Tennessee:
1. There are many people who breed Chihuahuas for a living, so there are always puppies available. However, these breeders typically charge a lot of money for their puppies.
2. Many animal shelters have Chihuahuas available for adoption, but they usually require an adoption fee.
3. You can check online classified ads websites (like Craigslist or Kijiji) for people who are giving away free Chihuahua puppies, but you should be very careful about dealing with strangers. Always meet in a public place and never send anyone money before meeting the puppy in person.
4. You might get lucky and find someone who is giving away a free Chihuahua puppy on social media, but again, you need to be very careful about dealing with strangers.
If you’re set on finding a free Chihuahua puppy in Tennessee, your best bet is to check with animal shelters or rescue groups. However, be prepared to pay an adoption fee.
How to Find A Reputable Chihuahua Breeder in Tennessee
When you are looking for a reputable Chihuahua breeder in Tennessee, there are some things that you will want to keep in mind.
First of all, it is important to find a breeder who is registered with the American Kennel Club. This ensures that the breeder has met certain standards and that they are reputable.
Secondly, you will want to make sure that the breeder is located in an area that is convenient for you. You do not want to have to travel far to visit the breeder or to pick up your new puppy. In addition, you will want to make sure that the breeder is located near a veterinarian so that you can take your new puppy for their vaccinations and checkups.
Thirdly, you will want to make sure that the breeder has a good reputation. You can ask around at your local dog park or contact the Better Business Bureau to see if there have been any complaints filed against the breeder.
Finally, you will want to make sure that you are comfortable with the breeder. You should be able to visit the breeder’s facility and meet the puppies before you make a decision. You should also feel comfortable asking questions about the breed and about the specific puppy that you are interested in.
By following these tips, you can be sure that you find a reputable Chihuahua breeder in Tennessee who can provide you with a healthy and happy puppy.
Look Out for The Signs of An Unethical Chihuahua Dog Breeder in Tennessee
Unfortunately, there are a number of unethical breeders in the state of Tennessee who are more interested in making a quick buck than in producing healthy, happy puppies.
Here are some signs to watch out for that may indicate an unethical breeder:
- The breeder has a large number of different breeds of dogs available.
- The breeder seems more interested in how much money you’re willing to pay than in finding out if you’re a good fit for one of their puppies.
- The breeder has very young puppies available (less than eight weeks old).
- The breeder doesn’t require you to fill out a questionnaire or otherwise screen potential buyers.
- The breeder doesn’t require that you meet the puppy’s parents before making a purchase.
- The breeder doesn’t offer a health guarantee or seem concerned about the health of their puppies.
- The breeder is not willing to answer any questions you have about the puppies or their parents.
If you encounter a breeder that exhibits any of these red flags, it’s best to walk away and look elsewhere for your new furry family member.
There are plenty of great, ethical breeders out there who will be happy to help you find the perfect pup.
Visit Your Tennessee Chihuahua Breeder in Person
When you’re ready to add a Chihuahua to your family, it’s important that you visit the breeder in person. This will give you a chance to meet the parents of your potential puppy, and to see the environment in which they were raised.
Here are some things to look for when you visit a Chihuahua breeder in Tennessee:
- A clean, well-kept facility
- Healthy and happy dogs
- A knowledgeable and friendly staff
- A willingness to answer all of your questions
When you visit a Chihuahua breeder in Tennessee, you should expect to find a clean and well-kept facility. The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable, and the dogs should be healthy and happy. The breeder should be willing to answer all of your questions and provide you with copies of the parents’ health records.
Questions to Ask Your Breeder
Ask for References from Your Chihuahua Breeder in Tennessee
When you’ve found a couple of breeders in Tennessee TN that you’re interested in working with, it’s important to ask for references.
A reputable breeder will be more than happy to provide you with the contact information for some of their previous customers. This will give you the opportunity to hear first-hand accounts about what it was like working with the breeder and whether or not they were happy with the experience.
Ask Your Tennessee Chihuahua Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
If you’re looking to purchase a Chihuahua in Tennessee, always ask the breeder if you can meet past customers.
A reputable breeder will be more than happy to put you in touch with families who have purchased dogs from them in the past. This way, you can get first-hand accounts of what it’s like to own one of their dogs.
Make sure you visit the breeding facility and meet the parents of the puppy you’re interested in purchasing. This will give you a good idea of the environment the puppies are raised in and allow you to ask the breeder any questions you have about their care and health history.
Does Your Tennessee Chihuahua Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
A good breeder will have a good relationship with a local veterinarian and will be able to provide you with references. A good breeder will also be able to tell you about their own experiences with their vet.
A breeder’s relationship with a veterinarian speaks volumes about the level of care they provide their animals. A good breeder will have their animals seen by a veterinarian on a regular basis and will be able to provide you with records of these visits.
A good breeder will also be able to tell you about any health problems that their animals have had in the past and how they were treated.
Ask The Tennessee Breeder if Your Chihuahua Puppy Has Any Health Problems
Chihuahuas are generally a very healthy breed, but like all breeds, they can be prone to certain health conditions. Some of these conditions are more common in Chihuahuas than in other breeds, so it’s important to ask the breeder about any health problems that might be present in the puppy’s family line.
One health condition that is particularly common in Chihuahuas is hypoglycemia or low blood sugar. This condition can be easily managed with proper diet and nutrition, but if not treated promptly it can lead to serious health problems or even death. Be sure to ask the breeder about any history of hypoglycemia in the puppy’s family line.
What Type Of Health Guarantee Does Your Tennessee Chihuahua Breeder Offer?
When looking for a Chihuahua puppy in Tennessee it is important to find a breeder that offers a good health guarantee.
This is important because it shows that the breeder cares about the health and welfare of their puppies.
A good health guarantee will cover things like genetic defects, congenital defects, and any other health problems that may arise. It is important to read over the health guarantee carefully before you purchase a puppy from any breeder so that you know what is covered and what is not.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Chihuahua Puppy
Chihuahuas are one of the most popular breeds in the United States and for good reason. They make great companions and are relatively easy to care for. However, before you bring your new Chihuahua puppy home, there are a few things you’ll need to do to puppy-proof your home.
1. Get rid of anything dangerous or poisonous. This includes items such as cleaning supplies, medications, and plants.
2. Block off any areas that you don’t want your puppy to have access to. This may include the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room.
3. Choose a safe area for your puppy’s food and water dishes. It’s best to keep them in an area that is away from high traffic areas.
4. Puppies like to chew, so be sure to have plenty of chew toys available. You may also want to consider using a bitter spray on items that you don’t want your puppy to chew on.
5. Provide your puppy with a comfortable place to sleep. A dog bed or crate will work well.
6. Get to know your local veterinarian. It’s a good idea to have someone lined up in case of an emergency.
By following these simple tips, you can help make the transition to your new home a smooth one for both you and your Chihuahua puppy.
Potty Training Your New Chihuahua Puppy
One of the most important things you can do for your new Chihuahua puppy is to begin potty training as soon as possible.
Like all puppies, Chihuahuas need to be taught where it is appropriate to relieve themselves, and where it is not. Potty training can be a bit tricky at first, but with patience and consistency, it will eventually become second nature to your pup.
Here are some tips on how to get started:
1. Establish a regular potty schedule for your puppy. Puppies usually need to go potty every few hours, so take them outside frequently throughout the day. It’s also a good idea to take them out after meals or naps.
2. Choose a designated potty spot in your yard, and take your puppy there each time they need to go. With time, they will learn to associate that spot with relieving themselves.
3. Be consistent with the cue word or phrase you use when it’s time to go potty. “Go potty,” “do your business,” or “hurry up” are all good choices. Once you’ve decided on a cue, stick with it every time.
4. Reward your puppy for going in the designated spot with plenty of praise and a small treat. This will reinforce the positive behavior and help them understand that they’re doing what you want them to do.
5. If accidents do happen (and they probably will at first), never punish your puppy. This will only make them scared and confused, and it will set back the training process. Instead, clean up the mess calmly and praise your puppy when they go in the right spot.
With patience, love, and positive reinforcement, your Chihuahua puppy will be potty trained in no time.
The Benefits of Purchasing A Chihuahua from A Reputable Breeder
While there are many benefits to owning any type of dog, there are some specific advantages that come with purchasing your Chihuahua from a breeder.
One of the main benefits of buying a Chihuahua from a breeder is that you can be assured that the dog has been properly cared for and socialized.
Reputable breeders take great care of their animals and make sure that they are healthy and well-adjusted before selling them to new owners. This means that you will be getting a dog that is less likely to have health or behavior problems down the road.
In addition, good breeders will be able to provide you with information about the dog’s lineage and can even help you find a compatible Chihuahua if you are looking to add another one to your home in the future.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.