Pug Puppies for Sale in Massachusetts
There is no shortage of responsible Pug Breeders in Massachusetts.
When searching for a Pug breeder in Massachusetts, it’s important to find someone who is knowledgeable about the breed and is committed to providing the best possible care for their puppies. Reputable Pug breeders will health test their dogs for genetic disorders and will only breed healthy animals. They will also provide detailed information about the pup’s parents, including documentation of any health clearances.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
When buying a Pug, it’s important to make sure you are getting a healthy puppy from a reputable breeder. Puppy mills often sell unhealthy dogs with genetic disorders, so it’s important to do your research and only buy from a reputable breeder.
Pugs are wonderful dogs, known for their friendly personalities and adorable faces. Pugs are a great choice for families with children, and they make excellent pets for people who live in apartments. If you’re looking for a Pug puppy, be sure to check out the breeders listed below.
Pug Breeders List in Massachusetts
|Joy Viola||Saugus, MA||781-608-4472||No Website|
|The Puppy Place||Springfield, MA||413-781-7879||Website|
|Butterfly Kisses Pugs||Dighton, MA||774-208-2990||No Website|
Pug Breeder Details in Massachusetts
The Puppy Place
Butterfly Kisses Pugs
Alternative Places to Purchase a Pug Puppy
Pug Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our Pug Breeders List page.
What Is The Average Price for A Pug Puppy in Massachusetts?
The average price for a pug puppy in Massachusetts is $650. However, the price can vary depending on the breeder’s location, the age of the pup and the pedigree of the dog.
A few other factors that might influence the price are: whether the pup is male or female, whether it is a show-quality dog or not, and whether it has been spayed or neutered.
Purebred bloodlines will often command a higher price than those without. So, if you’re looking for a pug puppy with good lineage, be prepared to spend a little more.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Pug Puppy in Massachusetts?
It is possible to find a free pug puppy in Massachusetts, but it’s not easy. Most of the time, you’ll need to contact a pug breeder in Massachusetts and ask if they have any puppies that are looking for homes. There are also a few rescue organizations that specialize in pugs, so you may be able to find a puppy through one of these groups. The best way to find a free pug is to network with other pug owners in your area. Chances are, someone will know of a breeder who has puppies available for adoption.
If you’re not able to find a free pug puppy, there are plenty of adoptable dogs available through animal shelters and rescue organizations. The average adoption fee for a pug is around $200, but this varies depending on the shelter or rescue group.
Why Would Someone Want To Breed Pugs?
There are many reasons why someone might want to breed pugs. Some people believe that breeding provides an opportunity to improve the health and temperament of the breed as a whole. Others may simply enjoy owning pugs and want to share their joy by providing puppies to other families.
How to Find A Responsible Pug Breeder in Massachusetts
When looking for a Pug breeder in Massachusetts, it is important to find one who is responsible and cares about the puppies they produce. You should ask the breeder lots of questions, including:
- How long have you been breeding Pugs?
- Do you have any health guarantees for your puppies?
- What tests have your dogs been screened for?
- How many litters do you have per year?
- Do you keep in touch with your puppy buyers after the sale?
- Are your puppies raised in a healthy environment?
Responsible breeders will be happy to answer all of your questions and will be able to provide documentation of health screenings for their dogs. They should also be willing to provide references from previous buyers.
Visit Your Massachusetts Pug Breeder in Person
It is also important to visit the breeder in person before you buy a puppy. This will allow you to see the puppies’ environment and meet their parents. You can see their temperament and how they interact with their parents. Responsible breeders will want you to visit and will be happy to answer any questions you have.
If you are looking for a Pug breeder in Massachusetts, be sure to do your research and ask plenty of questions. Responsible breeders will be more than happy to answer all of your questions and provide documentation of health screenings for their dogs.
If for some reason the breeder refuses to let you visit, it is best to move on. There are plenty of other breeders that will gladly help you.
Questions to Ask
Ask for References from Your Pug Breeder in Massachusetts
When you are looking for a Pug breeder in Massachusetts be sure to ask your breeder for references. A good Pug breeder will have happy, healthy dogs and plenty of happy customers. Ask to see pictures of the puppies and their parents as well.
References will be able to tell you about the quality of the breeder’s dogs, the temperament of their puppies, and whether or not the breeder is knowledgeable about pugs. References can also tell you if the breeder is reputable and responsible.
Be sure to visit the breeder’s facility and meet the puppies’ parents before you decide to buy a puppy from them. This will help you to get a good idea of what to expect from your Pug puppy and whether or not the breeder is taking good care of their dogs.
Ask Your Massachusetts Pug Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
If your breeder is reputable, they will be more than happy to put you in touch with some of their past customers. References can tell you all about the breeder’s puppies, but meeting a few of the breeder’s past customers will give you a first-hand account of what it’s like to own a Pug from this breeder.
Past customers can tell you about the breeder’s communication, support, and breeding practices. They can also tell you if the breeder is always available to help with questions or problems and if they have ever had any problems with their puppy.
Buying a Pug from a reputable breeder in Massachusetts is important for many reasons. Not only will you be getting a healthy, happy puppy, but you’ll also be supporting responsible breeders who are working to improve the Pug breed.
Does Your Massachusetts Pug Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
A good Pug breeder will have a good veterinarian they use and they will be happy to give you the name of their veterinarian. Good veterinarians are important for two reasons. First, they will help keep your Pug healthy. Second, if something goes wrong with your Pug, your breeder will want to work with the veterinarian to get your dog the best possible care.
Make sure that you visit the veterinarian before you buy a puppy from a breeder. This will help you to make sure that the breeder is using a good veterinarian and that you are comfortable with the veterinary care your Pug will receive.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Pug Dog Breeder in Massachusetts
When looking for a Pug breeder in Massachusetts, it is important to be aware of the signs of an unethical one. Some unethical breeders may seem like they are reputable and may even have websites or kennels. However, there are some telltale signs that can help you spot an unethical Pug breeder.
Some things to watch out for include breeders who:
- Do not health test their dogs prior to breeding them
- Have a high number of puppies available for sale at any given time
- Are unwilling to show you the parents of the puppies or the conditions in which they are kept
- Will not allow you to see the puppy’s veterinary records or guarantee its health
- Are not members of the Pug Club of America or another reputable breed club
If you are looking for a Pug breeder in Massachusetts, it is important to do your research and find one who is reputable and ethical. There are many good breeders out there, and by being aware of the signs of an unethical one, you can avoid getting scammed.
Be Wary of Scammers When Buying A Pug
As with any breed of dog, there are scammers out there who are trying to make a quick buck by selling sick, malnourished puppies. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Do your research and only buy a Pug from a reputable breeder.
Ask The Massachusetts Breeder If Your Pug Puppy Has Any Health Problems
When you are looking for a pug breeder in Massachusetts, be sure to ask the breeder if your puppy has any health problems. Some common health problems that can occur in pugs include hip dysplasia, eye problems, and allergies. If you are concerned about your puppy’s health, be sure to ask the breeder about these health problems so you can make an informed decision.
Health problems are common in most breeds of dogs, and the pug is no exception. That’s why it is important to ask the breeder if your puppy has any health problems. By doing so, you can be sure that you are aware of any potential health issues that may occur in the future.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Pug Puppy
When you get a new puppy, there are some things you need to do to ready your home. Here is a checklist of things to do before your Pug arrives:
- Get a crate and puppy bed. Your Pug will need a place to sleep and feel safe. A crate is a good way to train your dog not to chew on furniture and to stay out of trouble when you’re not home.
- Buy food and water dishes and a food bowl stand. Pugs like to eat, so make sure you have enough food for them. You’ll also need a water dish that’s big enough for them to drink from and won’t spill easily. A food bowl stand will keep the food off the floor so your Pug can’t eat it all at once.
- Set up a potty area. You’ll need to train your Pug to go to the bathroom outside, so you’ll need to set aside an area in your yard for them to use. You can also use puppy pads or training mats in your home until your Pug is house-trained.
- Choose a name for your Pug and start teaching them commands. Pugs are smart dogs and they will learn commands quickly if you start training them early. Some basic commands you will want to teach your dog include “sit,” “stay,” “come,” “down,” and “no.”
- Buy some toys and treats. Pugs love playing with toys and eating snacks, so make sure you have plenty on hand. Toys can keep your Pug entertained and help them burn off energy, while treats can be used as rewards for good behavior.
- Schedule a visit to the vet. Your Pug will need to get a check-up and some vaccinations when they first arrive, so make sure you schedule an appointment with your veterinarian as soon as possible.
- Prepare yourself for lots of love.
Pugs are adorable dogs that love spending time with their families. They will quickly become a part of your family and will bring you lots of happiness. Welcome to the world of pugs.
Potty Training Your New Pug Puppy
One of the most important things you will need to do when you get a new Pug puppy is train them to go to the bathroom outside. Here are a few tips on how to potty train your Pug:
- Start off by taking your puppy outside every time they eat, drink, or play. This will help them associate going outside with doing their business.
- Make sure you praise your puppy when they go to the bathroom outside. Positive reinforcement is key in training your dog.
- If your puppy has an accident in the house, don’t punish them. This will only make it harder for them to learn where they are supposed to go to the bathroom. Clean up the mess and move on.
- Be patient and consistent with training your Pug. It may take a little time, but they will eventually learn where to go.
By following these tips, you can successfully potty train your new Pug puppy.
The Benefits of Purchasing A Pug from A Reputable Breeder
When you are looking for a Pug to add to your family, it is important to find a reputable breeder. Here are some of the benefits of purchasing a Pug from a reputable breeder:
- The breeder will have health information on the dog’s parents and can tell you about any health problems the dog may have.
- The breeder will have screened the puppies for genetic health problems and will only sell those that are healthy.
- The breeder will have given the puppies socialization and training, which will help them adjust better to their new home.
- The breeder will offer support after you take your puppy home.
By choosing a reputable breeder, you can be sure that you are getting a healthy, well-socialized Pug puppy.