Yorkie Puppies for Sale in Kansas
Whether you want to adopt a Yorkie or buy one from a breeder, make sure you visit one or two breeders before making your decision.
A good breeder will want to meet you and ask you questions about your lifestyle, family, and experience with dogs to make sure that one of their puppies is a good match for you.
Once you’ve met the breeder and seen the puppy’s parents, take some time to think about whether or not a Yorkie is the right dog for you. If you’re still interested, the next step is to fill out an application.
If you’re looking for Yorkie breeders in Kansas, this is the right place for you.
Below, you’ll find a list of all the registered Yorkshire Terrier breeders in Kansas.
You can use this list to help narrow down your search for the perfect Yorkie puppy. Remember to always visit the breeder in person and never buy a puppy sight unseen.
Yorkie Breeders List in Kansas
|Poodle Palace||Conway Springs, KS||620-456-3252||Website|
|Skyview Kennel||Marysville, KS||785-562-2818||Website|
|Dorinda carlson||Howard, KS||620-515-0706||No Website|
|Corner Rock Critters||Sedan, KS||620-249-8496||No Website|
|Rayna Burkhart||Lawrence, KS||785-760-3365||No Website|
Yorkie Breeder Details in Kansas
Corner Rock Critters
Alternative Places to Purchase a Yorkie Puppy
Yorkie Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our Resource Page page.
What Is The Average Price for A Yorkie Puppy in Kansas?
The average price for a Yorkie puppy in Kansas is $1,500. This price can vary depending on the breeder, the litter size, and the puppy’s individual characteristics.
Some factors that may affect the price include coat color, eye color, and whether or not the puppy has any champion bloodlines.
If you’re interested in adopting a Yorkie from a rescue organization or shelter, the adoption fee is usually between $200 and $400.
What Are The Different Yorkshire Terrier Colors?
The AKC recognizes four different colors for the Yorkshire Terrier: blue & gold, black & gold, tan, and blue.
Blue & gold Yorkies have blue coats with golden highlights.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Yorkie Puppy in Kansas?
It is possible to find free Yorkie puppies in Kansas, but it’s not recommended.
There are many reasons why a breeder might give away a puppy for free, and most of them are not good.
Free puppies are often sick or have behavior problems, and they rarely come with any health guarantees.
If you’re looking for a Yorkie puppy, it’s best to visit a breeder or rescue organization and adopt one from there.
What Are The Pros and Cons of Getting A Yorkshire Terrier?
PROS: Yorkies are small dogs, so they’re easy to carry around and don’t need a lot of space. They’re also affectionate and loyal dogs that make great companions.
CONS: Yorkies are known for being yappy, and they can be difficult to potty train. They’re also one of the most expensive dog breeds, so be prepared to budget for their care.
How to Find A Reputable Yorkie Breeder in Kansas
When it comes to finding a reputable Yorkie breeder in Kansas, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
Here are a few tips to help you find the best breeder for your needs:
1. Start by asking around. Talk to friends, family, and other dog owners to see if they know of any good breeders in the area. If you don’t know anyone who owns a Yorkie, try searching online forums or social media groups dedicated to the breed.
2. Once you’ve compiled a list of potential breeders, do some research on each one. Check out their website and read any reviews you can find online. It’s also a good idea to contact the Better Business Bureau to see if there are any complaints against the breeder.
3. Once you’ve narrowed down your list, it’s time to visit the breeders in person. This will give you a chance to meet the dogs and see the conditions they’re being kept in. Pay attention to how the dogs look and act, and ask the breeder questions about their health and temperament.
4. When you’ve found a breeder you’re comfortable with, be sure to get everything in writing before taking your new dog home. This should include a sales contract, health guarantee, and registration papers.
By following these tips, you’ll be sure to find a reputable Yorkie breeder in Kansas who can provide you with a healthy, happy pup.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Yorkie Dog Breeder in Kansas
When looking for a new furry friend, it’s important to do your research to make sure you’re dealing with an ethical breeder.
Unfortunately, not all breeders have the best interests of the animals at heart, and backyard breeders are becoming more and more common. Here are a few things to look out for when searching for Yorkie breeders in Kansas City so you can be sure you’re dealing with a reputable source.
1. The first sign of an unethical breeder is if they have multiple litters of puppies available at any given time. A responsible breeder will only have one or two litters available per year so they can give each puppy the individual attention it needs.
2. Another sign to watch out for is if the breeder refuses to let you meet the puppy’s parents. This is an important step in getting to know the temperament of the puppy you’re interested in and ensuring that they come from a good line.
3. If the breeder seems more interested in making a quick sale than answering your questions or getting to know you, it’s best to walk away. A responsible breeder will want to make sure their puppies are going to good homes and will take the time to get to know potential buyers.
4. Finally, beware of breeders who are selling Yorkies for significantly below market value. While it’s true that prices can vary depending on factors like coat color or eye color, if a breeder is selling puppies for a price that seems too good to be true, it probably is.
These are just a few of the signs to look out for when searching for a Yorkie breeder in Kansas. By doing your research and being aware of the red flags, you can be sure that you’ll find a responsible breeder and end up with a healthy, happy puppy.
Visit Your Kansas Yorkie Breeder in Person
When you’re looking for a new puppy, it’s important to visit the breeder in person.
This gives you an opportunity to meet the parents of your potential new pup, see the living conditions they’re being raised in, and get a feel for the breeder themselves.
You can also ask questions about the breed, find out if they have any experience with Yorkies specifically, and get advice on what to expect from owning one.
Visiting your potential breeder will allow you to make sure that they are reputable and that their dogs are healthy and well-cared for.
It’s always better to visit in person than to rely on pictures or videos, which can be misleading.
Questions to Ask Your Breeder
Ask for References from Your Yorkie Breeder in Kansas
When you’re looking for a reputable Yorkie breeder in Kansas, be sure to ask for references.
A good breeder will have no problem providing you with the names and contact information of previous customers. These people can tell you about their experiences with the breeder, and whether or not they would recommend them to others.
Furthermore, talking to other dog owners who have purchased puppies from the same breeder can give you some valuable insights into what to expect.
Ask Your Kansas Yorkie Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
A Kansas Yorkie breeder should have no problem giving you references from other customers that have adopted puppies from them in the past.
If they are unable or unwilling to provide this information, move on to another breeder. This is an important way to get insight into what it will be like to work with the breeder and how they treat their customers and puppies.
Additionally, ask if you can see the parents of the puppy you’re interested in adopting. This will give you a good idea of what size your puppy will be when fully grown and help you determine if the personality traits of the parents are something you’re looking for in a pet.
Does Your Kansas Yorkie Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
You want to make sure that your Kansas Yorkie breeder has a good veterinarian they use.
This is important because you want to make sure that your puppy is healthy and well taken care of. A good way to tell if a breeder has a good vet is to ask for references. A good breeder will be happy to provide you with references from their vet.
Any breeder you use should have an excellent relationship with a local veterinarian.
Ask The Kansas Breeder if Your Yorkie Puppy Has Any Health Problems
All breeds of dogs have their own unique set of health problems, and the Yorkshire Terrier is no exception. Some of the health problems that are seen most often in Yorkies include:
1. Luxating patella: This is a problem with the knee joint, and it can be very painful for your dog. It is important to get your dog checked out by a veterinarian if you think he or she may have this condition.
2. Dental problems: Because of their small mouths, Yorkies are susceptible to dental problems. It is important to brush your dog’s teeth regularly and take him or her to the vet for regular checkups.
3. Portosystemic shunt: This is a condition that affects the liver and can be fatal if not treated. If your dog has this condition, he or she will need to see a specialist for treatment.
4. Legg-Calve-Perthes disease: This is a condition that affects the hip joint and can be painful for your dog. If your dog has this condition, he or she will need to see a veterinarian for treatment.
When you are looking for Yorkie breeders in Kansas, it is important to find one who is reputable and who has experience breeding these dogs.
What Type of Health Guarantee Does Your Kansas Yorkie Breeder Offer?
When you purchase a Yorkshire Terrier from a Kansas Yorkie breeder, be sure to ask about their health guarantee.
A good breeder will offer a health guarantee that covers genetic defects for at least the first year of your puppy’s life. This gives you peace of mind knowing that if anything does happen to go wrong, you’re covered.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Yorkie Puppy
The home arrival process will go more smoothly if you give your Yorkie puppy his own space with everything he needs. This might be a small room, an exercise pen, or even a large crate. Your puppy’s space should include:
- A bed or crate
- Water and food bowls
- A few toys
- A potty pad
You’ll also need to create some rules and routines for your puppy. For example, decide where your puppy will sleep, what times he will eat and go potty, and how often he will have playtime.
Be consistent with these rules and routines, and praise your puppy when he follows them. With a little patience and effort, you can have a well-adjusted Yorkie who is a joy to live with.
Potty Training Your New Yorkie Puppy
Potty training a new puppy can be a daunting task, but it’s important to start as soon as possible.
The good news is that Yorkies are generally easy to potty train, as they are intelligent and eager to please. With a little patience and consistency, you’ll have your pup trained in no time.
The first step is to choose a designated potty area for your puppy. It’s important to select an area that is easily accessible and away from your home’s main living areas.
Once you’ve selected the perfect spot, take your pup there often – at least once every hour – and praise him or her when they relieve themselves in the designated area.
If accidents do happen (and they will), remain calm and clean up the mess with an enzymatic cleaner specifically designed for pet accidents. Avoid using harsh chemicals, as these can be toxic to your puppy.
With a little time and patience, you’ll have your Yorkie pup potty trained in no time.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.