Yorkie Puppies for Sale in Texas
If you’re looking for Yorkie breeders in Texas, you’ve come to the right place. We offer a variety of Yorkies for sale in TX that are sure to become your new best friend. Take a look at our directory of breeders and contact one if you see a puppy that interests you.
We are committed to referring only the highest quality Yorkie breeders in Texas. All of our breeders have been carefully screened for ethical practices and are required to adhere to a set of standards that we believe ensure the healthiest, happiest puppies for you.
Check out our list of breeders down below.
We hope you find your perfect puppy from one of our reputable Texas Yorkie breeders.
Yorkie Breeders List in Texas
|Jewels Yorkshires||Crosby, TX||281-460-5960||Website|
|Yorkies By Cheri||Gainesville, TX||940-372-8868||Website|
|Teacup And Toy Pets Boutique||Garland / Rockwall, TX||972-203-0000||Website|
|Pristine Yorkies||Houston, TX||713-988-2200||Website|
|Foster’s Tiny Yorkies||Lubbock, TX||806-789-3350||Website|
|Llo-ver’s Yorkies||Richmond, TX||281-341-9009||Website|
|Regalia||Village Mills, TX||409-617-3750||No Website|
|Jennifer Salem||Seguin, TX||909-921-3747||No Website|
|Furever Love Yorkies||Flint, TX||903-280-0000||Website|
|Emanate Yorkies||Plainview, TX||806-292-7379||No Website|
Yorkie Breeder Details in Texas
Village Mills, TX
Alternative Places to Purchase a Yorkie Puppy
Yorkie Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our Listings of Yorkie Breeders page.
What Is The Average Price for A Yorkie Puppy in Texas?
The average price for a Yorkie puppy in Texas is anywhere between $600 and $2,500.
The price will depend on various factors such as the breeder’s reputation, the dog’s bloodline, coat color, size, and more.
Don’t forget to factor in the cost of routine vet care, which can run about $500 per year. As well as food, toys, and other supplies, which can cost around $1,000 per year.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Yorkie Puppy in Texas?
It is possible to find a free Yorkie puppy in Texas, but it’s not likely. The best way to find a free dog is through a rescue organization or shelter.
If you are able to find a Yorkie for free, that puppy is most likely going to have some behavior or health issues that will need to be addressed.
We recommend working with a reputable breeder to ensure you’re getting a healthy puppy.
How to Find A Reputable Yorkie Breeder in Texas
When you are ready to add a Yorkshire Terrier to your family, it is important that you find a reputable breeder from which to purchase your new pup.
There are many things to consider when looking for a good breeder, and taking the time to do your research will help ensure that you end up with a happy and healthy Yorkie.
Below are some tips on how to find a reputable Yorkie Breeder in Texas TX:
1. Ask around. Talk to friends, family, and co-workers who have Yorkshire Terriers, and see if they can recommend any breeders in your area. If you don’t know anyone who has a Yorkie, you can also ask your veterinarian for recommendations.
2. Do your research. Once you have a few names of potential breeders, take the time to visit their websites and read through their policies. Make sure they seem like they are reputable and that they have healthy dogs.
3. Ask questions. When you talk to breeders, be sure to ask them plenty of questions about their dogs and their breeding practices. A good breeder will be happy to answer any questions you have and will want to ensure that you are getting a dog that is right for you and your family.
4. Meet the puppies. Once you have narrowed down your list of potential breeders, schedule a time to go meet the puppies in person. This will give you a chance to see the puppies’ personalities and to make sure they are healthy and well-cared for.
5. Ask for references. A good breeder will be happy to provide you with references from previous buyers. These people can tell you firsthand about their experience with the breeder and the puppy they purchased.
6. Take your time. Don’t rush into buying a Yorkshire Terrier. This is a lifetime commitment, and you want to make sure you are getting a dog from a reputable breeder that you will be happy with for years to come.
By following these tips, you can be sure that you find a reputable Yorkie Breeder in Texas TX and end up with a happy and healthy Yorkshire puppy.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Yorkie Dog Breeder in Texas
Unfortunately, there are some unethical breeders who do not have the best interests of the dog at heart. They may be in it for the money, or they may not be knowledgeable about how to properly care for their dogs.
Here are some signs to watch out for that may indicate an unethical Yorkie Dog Breeder in Texas TX:
- The dogs are kept in poor conditions. This could mean that they are kept in small cages or pens, with little to no room to move around. The conditions should be clean and spacious, with plenty of room for the dogs to run and play.
- The breeder is not knowledgeable about the breed. A good breeder will be able to answer any questions you have about the Yorkie breed, and they should be passionate about their dogs.
- The puppies are not well socialized. Ethical breeders will start socializing their puppies at an early age, so they are used to being around people and other animals.
- The breeder is not willing to let you meet the parents of the puppy. This is a red flag, as you want to be able to see how the parents are raised and what their temperaments are like.
- The breeder does not require a contract or have any paperwork for you to sign. A good breeder will have a contract that outlines both of your responsibilities, and they will be happy to answer any questions you have about it.
- The breeder is not willing to give you references. A good breeder will be able to provide you with references from past customers who can attest to their quality of puppies and level of customer service.
If you come across a breeder that displays any of these signs, it is best to move on and find another one.
There are plenty of ethical breeders out there who have the best interests of their dogs at heart, and they will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.
Visit Your Texas Yorkie Breeder in Person
When you’re ready to add a Yorkshire Terrier to your life, visit the breeders in person to get a feel for their operation.
This is the best way to see how the puppies are raised and cared for and to meet the parents of your potential new pup. You’ll also be able to ask any questions you have about Yorkies and get first-hand answers.
Some things to keep in mind when visiting Texas Yorkie breeders:
- Ask to see where the puppies are born and raised, and meet the mother dog if possible.
- Make sure the puppies have plenty of socialization time with people, other animals, and different environments.
- Ask about health testing that has been done on the parents and puppies.
- Find out about the breeder’s guarantee and return policy.
- Get references from other people who have purchased puppies from this breeder.
Reputable Texas Yorkie breeders will be happy to answer all of your questions and show you around their facility. They should also be able to provide references from other satisfied customers.
Don’t hesitate to ask for everything you need to feel comfortable making a purchase – after all, you’re trusting this person to provide you with a healthy, happy puppy that will become a cherished member of your family.
Questions to Ask Your Breeder
Ask for References from Your Yorkie Breeder in Texas
When you’re looking for a Yorkie Breeder in Texas, make sure to ask for references. A good breeder will have no problem providing you with the names and contact information of past clients.
These references can give you an idea of what to expect from the breeder and can help you decide if they’re the right fit for you and your family.
References will be able to tell you about the health of the puppies, the breeder’s business practices, and their overall experience with the breeder.
Don’t be afraid to ask for references from your potential Yorkie Breeder in Texas. It’s a great way to get an idea of what you’re getting yourself into.
Ask Your Texas Yorkie Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
A good breeder should be happy to put you in touch with past clients so that you can hear about their experiences first-hand.
This will give you a much better idea of what it’s like to work with the breeder and whether or not they are likely to provide you with a healthy, happy puppy.
Meeting past customers will give you firsthand accounts of the type of service and puppies the breeder produces.
You can also ask to see photos or videos of past puppies to get an idea of what the breeder’s dogs look like.
Some things to keep in mind when talking to past customers include:
- Did they feel like they were able to ask questions and get answers in a timely manner?
- Was the breeder helpful after they brought their puppy home, or did they feel abandoned?
- Would they recommend this breeder to others?
- Are they happy with their puppy overall?
If you are looking for a specific type of Yorkie, such as a teacup or miniature, make sure to ask the breeder if they have experience with that particular size.
It’s important to find a breeder who is knowledgeable about the type of Yorkie you are interested in so that you can be sure you are getting what you want.
Does Your Texas Yorkie Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
Do you have a good veterinarian that you use?
This is important, especially if your dog has any health issues. A good breeder will want to make sure that their dogs are healthy and will take them to the vet for regular checkups and shots. If your breeder does not have a good vet that they use, you may want to find another breeder.
You do not want to end up with a sick dog because your breeder did not take them to the vet regularly.
Ask The Texas Breeder if Your Yorkie Puppy Has Any Health Problems
Like all breeds, Yorkies are prone to certain diseases. If your Yorkie has any health problems, the breeder should be willing to talk to you about it.
Yorkie Health Problems:
Yorkies are susceptible to a variety of health problems, some of which are genetic.
1. Patellar Luxation: This is a condition in which the kneecap slips out of place. It can be painful and may require surgery.
2. Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease: This is a condition in which the blood supply to the head of the thigh bone is interrupted. It can cause pain and lameness and may require surgery.
3. Portosystemic Shunt: This is a congenital condition in which blood vessels bypass the liver, resulting in toxins build-up in the body. Symptoms include weakness, seizures, and incoordination. Surgery is typically required to correct the problem.
4. Collapsing Trachea: Yorkies are prone to a condition called tracheal collapse, which occurs when the cartilage in the trachea weakens and collapses. This can cause difficulty breathing and may require surgery to correct.
5. Allergies: Yorkies are prone to allergies, both food and environmental. Symptoms include itching, red and irritated skin, and hot spots.
The Texas Breeder should also give you a health guarantee.
This means that if your dog gets sick within a certain period of time after you bring him home, the breeder will pay for his medical care.
What Type of Health Guarantee Does Your Texas Yorkie Breeder Offer?
When choosing a Yorkie breeder in Texas, be sure to ask about their health guarantee.
A good breeder will offer a health guarantee that covers genetic defects for at least two years. This ensures that if your pup does develop a health problem, you will be able to get him or her treated without incurring huge vet bills.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Yorkie Puppy
You’re finally bringing your Yorkie puppy home. Congratulations! You’ve waited so long and the big day is almost here.
But before you can start enjoying all of the fun and excitement that comes with owning a new puppy, there are a few things you need to do to prepare your home.
1. Puppy proof your home: Just like a young child, puppies are curious and love to explore. They’ll put anything and everything in their mouths, which can lead to them ingesting something harmful. So, it’s important to go through your home and remove anything that could be potentially dangerous to your pup. This includes things like small objects they could choke on, cleaning products, medications, etc.
2. Set up a designated potty area: It’s important to have a specific place for your puppy to relieve themselves. Choose an area in your yard that’s easily accessible and
3. Create a safe space: Every dog needs a place they can go to feel safe and secure. This is especially important for Yorkies, who are prone to anxiety. Set up a crate or dog bed in a quiet corner of your home and fill it with their favorite toys and blankets. This will be their special spot to retreat to when they need some downtime.
4. Get the essentials: In addition to food and water bowls, you’ll need to purchase some other essential items for your new pup, like a collar and leash, ID tags, Puppy shampoo, a toothbrush and toothpaste, and a few chew toys.
5. Stock up on food and treats: Of course, you’ll need to have plenty of food and treats on hand to keep your pup well-fed. Talk to your breeder or veterinarian about what type of food is best for your Yorkie puppy and make sure to have some on hand before they come home.
6. Have patience: Remember that your new puppy is just learning the ropes and it will take some time for them to adjust to their new home. Be patient with them as they learn the rules and be prepared for accidents – they’re bound to happen. With a little time, love, and patience, you’ll soon have a happy, healthy, and well-adjusted puppy that’s a joy to be around.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.