Bernedoodle Puppies for Sale in Kentucky
Bernedoodles have become very popular in recent years, and for good reason!
They are the perfect combination of two great dogs- the Bernese Mountain Dog and the Poodle. Bernedoodles are intelligent, loyal, and loving dogs that make great family pets. If you’re looking for a Bernedoodle breeder in Kentucky, you’ve come to the right place.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
At ReadPlease, we work with carefully selected breeders who meet our high standards for ethical breeding practices and produce healthy, happy puppies. All of their puppies come with a health guarantee and are up to date on their vaccinations.
Whether you’re looking for a standard Bernedoodle or a mini Bernedoodle, we can help you find the perfect puppy for your family. Browse our list of breeders below.
Bernedoodle Breeders List in Kentucky
|Bernedoodles By Charlie||Paducah, KY||270-564-1849||Website|
|Humble Heritage Puppies||Columbia, KY||270-849-4737||Website|
|Woodland Puppies||Gravel Switch, KY||270-498-7151||Website|
|Blessed Hope Kennels||Dunnville, KY||606-787-2234||Website|
|Prize Poodles And Doodles||Williamstown, KY||859-462-3950||Website|
|Doodle Dandy Puppies||Russell Springs, KY||443-859-0337||Website|
Bernedoodle Breeder Details in Kentucky
Alternative Places to Purchase a Bernedoodle Puppy
Bernedoodle Breeders in Other States
- Bernedoodle Breeders In Illinois
- Bernedoodle Breeders In North-Carolina
- Bernedoodle Breeders In West-Virginia
For the complete list please see our Listings of Bernedoodle Breeders page.
What Is The Average Price for A Bernedoodle Puppy in Kentucky?
Mini Bernedoodles will typically cost between $1,500 to $2,500.
Standard Bernedoodles will cost between $2,000 to $3,000.
Prices may be lower or higher depending on the specific breeder, coat color, size, and other factors.
When looking for a Bernedoodle breeder in Kentucky, be sure to do your research and ask lots of questions. Here are some things you should keep in mind:
- Make sure the breeder is reputable and has a good reputation. You can ask around at your local dog park or search online for reviews.
- Ask to see proof of health clearances for the parents of the puppies. Health clearances show that a dog has been tested for and cleared of genetic health conditions.
- Ask about the breeder’s return policy in case you end up with a sick puppy. A reputable breeder will want to help you out if something goes wrong.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Bernedoodle Puppy in Kentucky?
Although Bernedoodles are becoming increasingly popular, they are still quite rare, which means that finding a free puppy is unlikely.
However, there are a few ways you might be able to find a free or low-cost Bernedoodle in your area:
- Check with local shelters and rescue groups. Although Bernedoodles aren’t common in shelters, it’s always worth checking to see if any are available.
- Ask your veterinarian if they know of any Bernedoodles who need homes.
- Check online classified sites like Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace for people giving away or selling Bernedoodles for cheap.
- Contact a local Bernedoodle breeder and inquire about any puppies they have available or will have in the future. Some breeders may be willing to give away a puppy for free or at a reduced price.
How to Find A Responsible Bernedoodle Breeder in Kentucky
Finding a responsible breeder is the most important part of the puppy buying process.
Here are some tips for finding a reputable breeder:
- Ask around. Talk to your friends, family, and veterinarians to see if they know of any reputable breeders in your area.
- Do your research. Once you have a few names, look them up online and read reviews. Also, visit their website and get a feel for their operation.
- Make sure the breeder is registered with the appropriate organizations, such as the American Kennel Club or United Kennel Club.
- Ask questions. When you contact the breeder, make sure to ask plenty of questions about their operation, the parents of the puppy, health clearances, etc.
- Visit the facility. If possible, arrange to visit the breeder’s facility in person. This will give you a chance to meet the parents of the puppy and see the conditions in which the dogs are being raised.
- Get a contract. Be sure to get a written contract that spells out the terms of the sale, including any guarantees or warranties.
A reputable Bernedoodle breeder in Kentucky will be happy to answer all.
Visit Your Kentucky Bernedoodle Breeder in Person
Another very important step in purchasing a bernedoodle from a breeder is to visit a few breeders in person.
- Visiting your breeder in person will give you the opportunity to:
- See where and how the Bernedoodles are raised
- Meet the parents of your potential puppy
- Ask any questions you may have about the Bernedoodle breed or your specific puppy
- Get a feel for the breeder’s personality, professionalism, and knowledge
It is also a good idea to visit more than one breeder so that you can compare and contrast the different environments and meet multiple Bernedoodles.
You may find that some breeders are better suited to your needs than others.
Questions to Ask
Ask for References from Your Bernedoodle Breeder in Kentucky
One of the most important things you can do when looking for a reputable Bernedoodle breeder in Kentucky, KY is to ask for references.
Any good breeder will be happy to provide you with references from former customers who can attest to their quality breeding practices and overall satisfaction with their experience.
This will give you some peace of mind that you’re working with a responsible and ethical breeder.
Speaking with references will allow you to hear first-hand accounts of what it’s like to work with the specific breeder and get a feel for the type of puppies they produce.
You can also ask the references about any health problems or concerns they had with their puppy, which will give you an idea of what to expect in terms of potential health issues down the road.
When contacting references, be sure to ask plenty of questions and take your time in making your decision.
Don’t hesitate to ask for additional references if you don’t feel comfortable after speaking with the first few.
The more research you do, the better equipped you’ll be to find a reputable Bernedoodle breeder.
Ask Your Kentucky Bernedoodle Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
A good Bernedoodle breeder will want to ensure that you’re a great fit for their dogs, but they should also be interested in getting to know you.
A big part of this is making sure that their customers are happy with the dogs they’ve adopted, so ask if you can meet past customers and get their contact information.
This way, you can get an idea of what it’s like to work with the specific breeder and whether or not their customers have had positive experiences.
Past customers will be able to tell you firsthand what it’s like to work with the breeder, what kind of Bernedoodles they breed, and what the adoption process is like.
This is invaluable information that you won’t be able to get anywhere else.
Does Your Kentucky Bernedoodle Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
Most Bernedoodle breeders will have a good relationship with a veterinarian that they recommend their customers use.
This veterinarian will hopefully be familiar with the Bernedoodle breed and will be able to help you with any medical questions or issues that may come up.
A good breeder will also be able to tell you about any common health problems that Bernedoodles may be prone to so that you can keep an eye out for them.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Bernedoodle Dog Breeder in Kentucky
While there are many ethical, responsible breeders in Kentucky, there are some unscrupulous ones as well.
Here are some signs that you should be aware of that may indicate an unethical breeder:
- The breeder has multiple litters of puppies available at one time:This is often a sign that the puppies are being bred in a puppy-mill-style operation where they are not receiving the individual care and attention they need.
- The breeder is not willing to let you meet the puppy’s parents:This could mean that the breeder is trying to hide something, such as the fact that the parents have health problems or are not of good temperament.
- The breeder does not seem knowledgeable about the Bernedoodle breed: A good breeder will be able to answer any questions you have about the breed and should be happy to do so.
- The breeder is not willing to give you references: A good breeder will usually be happy to give you the names and contact information of previous customers who can attest to their good business practices.
If a breeder refuses to do this, it may be because they have something to hide.
Now that you know what to look for in a Bernedoodle dog breeder in Kentucky, you’re one step closer to finding the perfect pup for your family!
Just remember to do your research and ask lots of questions, and you’ll be sure to find a reputable breeder who will provide you with a healthy, happy puppy
Ask The Kentucky Breeder if Your Bernedoodle Puppy Has Any Health Problems
When you’re looking for a new puppy, be sure to ask the Breeder about any health problems that your bernedoodle may have. Some common health problems include:
- Hip Dysplasia: This is a condition where the hip joint doesn’t form properly and can cause pain and lameness.
- Elbow Dysplasia: This is a condition where the elbow joint doesn’t form properly and can cause pain and lameness.
- Patellar Luxation: This is a condition where the kneecap pops out of place and can be very painful.
- Allergies: Many bernedoodles are allergic to grass, pollen, or dust. If your dog has allergies, be sure to ask the Breeder about what you can do to help alleviate the symptoms.
- Eye Problems: Some bernedoodles are born with eye defects such as cataracts or retinal dysplasia. Be sure to ask the Breeder if your puppy has any eye problems
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Bernedoodle Puppy
The arrival of a new puppy is an exciting time for any family. But before you bring your Bernedoodle home, there are a few things you should do to make sure they have a comfortable and safe space to start their life in your home.
- Puppy-proof your home: Before your puppy arrives, take some time to puppy-proof your home.This means making sure all electrical cords are out of reach, putting away any small objects that could be swallowed, and blocking off any areas where you don’t want your puppy to go. You should also get rid of anything toxic or poisonous that could be within reach of your pup.
- Set up a comfortable sleeping area: Your puppy will need a place to sleep that is comfortable and safe. A crate or dog bed in a quiet corner of your home is a good option.You may also want to put a blanket or toy in their sleeping area to make it feel like their own special space.
- Get the right food and supplies: You will need to get puppy food, bowls, a leash, and a collar before you bring your new puppy home. You may also want to get some toys for them to play with.
- Introduce your puppy to their new home: When you first bring your puppy home, let them explore their new surroundings at their own pace. Show them where their sleeping area is, where they will eat, and where they can go to the bathroom.Once they have had a chance to adjust to their new home, you can start training them on where they should and shouldn’t go.
- Be prepared for accidents: Puppies are going to have accidents, so be prepared with plenty of paper towels or pet wipes. It’s important to clean up any accidents immediately so that your puppy doesn’t associate their sleeping area or eating area with going to the bathroom.
- Have patience: Puppies need time to adjust to their new home and family. They will make mistakes, but it’s important to be patient with them as they learn what is expected of them.
By following these simple tips, you can make sure your Bernedoodle puppy has a happy and healthy start to their life with you.
Potty Training Your New Bernedoodle Puppy
Bernedoodles are highly intelligent and very trainable. Potty training should begin as soon as your puppy comes home. The best way to potty train is with positive reinforcement, patience, and consistency.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Choose a designated potty area for your puppy and take them there regularly. Every time they eliminate in the designated area, praise them lavishly.
2. If you catch your puppy in the act of eliminating in an undesignated area, calmly pick them up and take them to the designated area. Do not scold or punish them – this will only serve to confuse and frighten them.
3. Never punish your puppy after the fact for accidents that have already happened. This will only make them fearful of you and hinder their progress in learning where they should go potty.
4. Be consistent with your commands and praise, and remain patient through the process. It takes time for puppies to learn, but with consistency and positive reinforcement, they will get it eventually.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.