Boxer Puppies for Sale in Ohio
Table of Contents
Boxers are generally excellent with children. They are laid-back and patient, hence making them one of the best breeds for families. The Boxer dog breed reacts very well to children. They are alert and active dogs. This breed’s personality is like that of a clown, constantly wanting to play with someone or something.
If you want your kids to grow up in an environment where they learn how to show compassion towards animals, the Boxer dog breed will be great for them since these dogs love attention and kids can even pull their ears and tails without being aggressive.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
Boxers have also been known from time to time as one of the most intelligent dog breeds on earth. Their intelligence makes them easy to train, but this has led some owners of Boxer dogs into believing that they do not need obedience training because they know what they’re doing. The result is a badly behaved Boxer dog that is difficult to live with. So, it is essential for owners of this breed to know the basics about training their Boxers.
Check out our list of reputable Ohio Boxer breeders down below.
Boxer Breeders List in Ohio
|Obeng Boxer’s Unlimited
|White Pine Boxers
|Ohio Valley Boxers
|Serenity View Puppies
|Ohio State Boxers
|CD Boxer Kennel
|Van Buren, OH
Boxer Breeder Details in Ohio
CD Boxer Kennel
Van Buren, OH
Alternative Places to Purchase a Boxer Puppy
Boxer Breeders in Neighboring States
- Boxer Breeders in Indiana
- Boxer Breeders In Kentucky
- Boxer Breeders In Michigan
- Boxer Breeders In Pennsylvania
For the complete list please see our Boxer Breeders List page.
What is The Average Price for A Boxer Puppy in Ohio?
A reputable breeder of this breed may charge up to $1,000 for a Boxer puppy. Prices may also vary depending on the gender and the lineage of a Boxer. If you want a pure-breed Boxer, expect to pay more money for it as compared to those that have been mixed with other breeds.
What Factors Influence The Price of A Boxer Puppy in Ohio?
A reputable breeder charging more for their puppies does not necessarily mean that he is selling high-quality Boxers. The factors that influence the price of a boxer puppy are as follows:
- Gender: Male dogs cost more than female ones because they have been proven to be better guard dogs and protectors. Pure-bred male Boxers can also produce a higher number of offspring as compared to females.
- White color: White is an uncommon color among pure-bred Boxers, thus increasing the price of a white puppy.
- Pedigree: Generally, puppies that come from champion bloodlines cost more than those that don’t. However, it is not always true as some breeders only charge high prices for their puppies to attract buyers and then they sell low-quality ones after scaring away most of their customers.
You need to find reputable Ohio Boxer breeders who can provide you with detailed information on their lineage and history before buying one. You can also ask your veterinarian about the breed line of the dog you want to buy and check out its medical records.
Advantages And Disadvantages of Owning A Boxer Dog As A Pet
- They are loyal companions towards their owners.
- Boxers do not usually bark for no reason unlike most dogs, which is great if you live in an apartment.
- This breed can make a good watchdog because of its loyalty and alertness.
- Boxers’ playful and fun temperament makes them great pets for families with children.
- Boxers have high levels of energy that sometimes can be hard to handle.
- The Boxer breed tends to drool more than other breeds out there.
How to Find A Responsible Boxer Breeder in Ohio
- Make a list of all the Boxer breeders in Ohio. You can do this by searching for them online or asking your veterinarian about reputable ones to work with.
- Visit their facilities and see if they are clean enough. If not, look for another breeder as you should avoid buying puppies from dirty and poorly maintained facilities.
- Ask the Boxer breeder whether he screens his breeding stock for genetic disorders and asks for health certifications to ensure that his dogs will produce healthy offspring. Also, ask him if there is a return policy in case your puppy does develop any medical conditions later on so you can bring it back and claim a refund or exchange it with another pup.
- It is important that you meet both of the parents of your Boxer puppy. This is to ensure that they are healthy, and you can also get an idea on how big your puppy will grow when it reaches adulthood.
- Ask about the vaccination history of the Boxer breeders in Ohio’s pups. You should not buy puppies from sellers who cannot provide proof of vaccinations for their dogs. It is essential to keep your pets safe from infectious diseases so always purchase only pups with proof of vaccinations against parvo, distemper, rabies, etc.
- Make sure that you carefully read any contract or agreement before buying a Boxer pup. Some contracts may come with strict rules like “once bought, this dog cannot be returned.
Visit Your Ohio Boxer Breeder in Person
Before you visit the Boxer breeders in Ohio, prepare a list of questions to ask them. Some of these questions include inquiries about their breeding operations if they perform any kinds of medical tests on their adult Boxers prior to breeding them, how often do they clean their kennels and runs, etc.
- Visit the facility first before buying a puppy from them. Make sure that it is clean and spacious enough so your pup will have enough room to play around. Also, look for other puppies kept at the same place as this can provide an idea of whether their facilities are properly maintained or not.
- Visiting the breeder’s home is also a good idea so you can see how a potential pup’s parent behaves in a familiar environment.
- Visit more than one breeder as this way, you can compare their qualities and prices as well. Visit only those who have good credentials as they are more likely to provide quality puppies that don’t have any genetic problems or illnesses that may affect its health later on.
Questions to Ask
Ask for References from Your Boxer Breeder in Ohio
If you think that a breeder is providing quality Boxer puppies, ask for references from your Ohio breeder. People who have previously bought pups from them can give unbiased information about their pets so you can use this as a gauge if their dogs are worth buying or not.
If a breeder is reluctant to provide you with references, think twice before buying their puppies as this may be an indicator that they are not reputable or do not have enough clients to ask for referrals.
Ask Your Ohio Boxer Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
Why not meet past customers to see if they are happy with their purchase? You might even get to hear about the experiences of other people who have worked with or bought Boxer puppies from your Ohio breeder.
This is an important thing for you to do as it can help you make better decisions when it comes to choosing a Breeder in Ohio.
Meeting past customers will also give you better insights about the Boxer breeders in Ohio so it is important to take advantage of this information. This can help you avoid falling into the wrong hands and finding yourself with a poor quality puppy or one that has inherited genetic disorders.
Does Your Ohio Boxer Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
You can find out more about the breeder by finding out the vet they use. It is best if your potential Ohio Boxer Breeder has a good relationship with a veterinarian so it’s easier to solve problems and give you good advice on common issues.
When checking up on your pup, always ask for its medical records so you’ll have an idea what kinds of vaccinations and treatments it had when it was younger.
This is important as our pets tend to be more susceptible to diseases as they grow old or become overweight which can lead to various health problems that may affect their lifespan.
Look Out for The Signs of An Unethical Boxer Dog Breeder in Ohio
Some Ohio Boxer dog breeders send out their own people to set up stalls at various events and fairs. This becomes a problem as you don’t know who they truly are or if they will provide you with quality puppies. It is best to meet the breeder first before buying a pup from them.
A breeder should be able to welcome your questions and concerns about their dogs and pups that they provide. Breeding good quality pets should be an investment into the future that’s why it’s important for breeders to take care of their animals well so as not to incur additional costs in treating them later on once buyers discover problems with them after the sale.
If a seller is reluctant about giving you documents, refuses to show their facilities or does not let you visit them, these are some of the signs of an unethical breeder who is only after your money.
Another sign to look out for when it comes to finding a good Boxer dog breeder in Ohio is if they ask money from you without providing any tangible proof that their dogs are healthy and have been inoculated against all kinds of infections. Avoid getting into commitments with them as this way, your chances of falling prey to frauds and scams become higher and higher.
Ask The Ohio Breeder if Your Boxer Puppy Has Any Health Problems
It is important to ask the Ohio Boxer Breeder if they have any health problems that will affect their lives later on.
Some of these issues include Hip Dysplasia, Von Willebrand’s Disease, Elbow Dysplasia, Epilepsy and Thyroid Problems among others.
You can learn more about your future puppy by checking out its medical records so you’ll know everything there is about it beforehand. This way you won’t end up with a pup that has inherited defects or genetic disorders that may stop it from living or enjoying an active lifestyle for 10- 15 years at the very least.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Boxer Puppy
In order for your Ohio Boxer puppy to have a very comfortable and enjoyable stay in your home, there are a few things that you should do first before bringing it into the house.
The first thing you can do is prepare an area where it can sleep. It’d be best if you have a crate ready so it will feel safe as well as give them their own area to relax on their own once they get tired or exhausted from playing around all day or night.
You must also check the temperature of the place where your pup will be staying at by using a thermometer. If it’s too cold, make arrangements to improve its warmth especially during wintertime. The same goes with very hot areas as your Boxer might end up overheating.
Water and food bowls should also be placed inside the area where your soon-to-be pet will stay at. Add some pillows, toys, bedsheets and other comforts to make it feel like its own room.
Once you’ve done all of these, prepare your home by cleaning up the yard or any areas that may contain harmful chemicals or allergens for your Boxer Dog Puppy’s sensitive skin. You don’t want them to end up scratching their bodies too much as this can cause infections which may lead to more serious problems in the future.
If you’re not sure about what kind of shampoo pups with sensitive skin use, consult a vet first.
Potty Training Your New Boxer Puppy
Ohio breeders – Before you bring your Boxer home, It is best to know as much as possible about it before you decide to bring one into the house. This way, you’ll be able to understand their specific needs and what they look for in terms of food and other comforts that they may need so as not to strain them too much or frustrate them.
It’s also important for a Dog Breeder in Ohio to be very strict with potty training as this will ensure that your pet can hold back its bladder and bowel movements until you give them permission to do it outside the house. This way, all of the carpets, mats, furniture and other items inside your home won’t get stained with urine or feces which can cause a lot of trouble.
If you’re having problems training your pet not to do it inside the house or in their crate, there are different kinds of sprays available at most supermarkets and pet stores that keep dogs from urinating on various surfaces.
The use of newspapers is also effective in places where pups relieve themselves but only for a short period of time as they can develop health and sanitation problems if left alone for too long.
Remember, patience is a virtue in training your Boxer Puppy.