Chihuahua Puppies for Sale in Alabama
Looking for Chihuahua puppies for sale in Alabama? Browse through our network of local puppy breeders in Alabama and find the right chihuahua puppy today.
We have taken it upon ourselves to gather the information about the best Chihuahua breeders in Alabama so you will not have to look anywhere else.
If you are looking for a Chihuahua puppy that is healthy, has a good temperament, and will make a great addition to your family, then you have come to the right place.
Our breeders have been carefully selected based on their experience, knowledge, and love for the breed.
We are confident that you will find a breeder that you can trust to provide you with a healthy, happy puppy.
Check out our list of breeders below.
Chihuahua Breeders List in Alabama
|Paula’s Precious Chihuahuas||Crane Hill, AL||256-620-5709||Website|
|Alabama Toys & Teacups||Arab, AL||256-200-0512||Website|
|Shaye’s CKC Registered Chihuahua Puppies||Guntersville, AL||256-361-7474||Website|
|Petland Montgomery||Montgomery, AL||334-277-2226||Website|
|Dream Puppys||Dothan, AL||334-792-7877||Website|
|Pocket Pet Chihuahuas||Roanoke, AL||678-521-5646||Website|
Chihuahua Breeder Details in Alabama
Alternative Places to Purchase a Chihuahua Puppy
Chihuahua Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our Listings of Chihuahua Breeders page.
What Is The Average Price for A Chihuahua Puppy in Alabama?
The average price for a Chihuahua puppy in Alabama is $400. However, prices can vary depending on the breeder and the specific characteristics of the puppy.
Size, coat color, and gender are all factors that can affect the price of a Chihuahua puppy.
Be sure to do your research and ask lots of questions before you commit to purchasing a puppy.
This will help you find the right breeder and avoid being scammed.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Chihuahua Puppy in Alabama?
Yes, it is possible to find free Chihuahua puppies in Alabama. However, we do not recommend this option.
There are many risks associated with taking in a free puppy, such as health problems and behavioral issues.
It is always best to purchase your puppy from a reputable breeder who can provide you with all the information you need about the puppy’s health and history.
What Are The Most Popular Chihuahua Mixes in Alabama?
The most popular Chihuahua mixes in Alabama are the Yorkie-Chi and the Chi-Poo.
These two mixes are very popular because they are small, cute, and low-maintenance.
Both of these mixes make great family pets and are great for people who live in apartments or small homes.
How to Find A Reputable Chihuahua Breeder in Alabama
When you are looking for a reputable Chihuahua breeder in Alabama AL, there are a few things you will want to keep in mind.
First and foremost, you want to make sure that the breeder is experienced and has a good reputation. There are a lot of inexperienced breeders out there who may not have the best intentions for the dogs they are breeding.
You also want to make sure that the breeder is located in an area where you can easily get to them if you have any questions or concerns.
Finally, you want to make sure that the breeder offers a health guarantee on their puppies. By following these simple tips, you can be sure that you will find a reputable breeder who can provide you with the healthy and happy puppy you are looking for.
Look Out for The Signs of An Unethical Chihuahua Dog Breeder in Alabama
When you’re looking for a new Chihuahua, it’s important to find a responsible and ethical breeder. Unfortunately, there are some breeders who cut corners and don’t follow best practices.
This can result in health problems for the puppies, and heartache for the families who adopt them.
Here are some signs to watch out for that may indicate an unethical breeder:
- The breeder has multiple litters of puppies available at all times. A responsible breeder will only have a few litters per year, as they take the time to socialize and care for each puppy individually.
- The breeder doesn’t ask you any questions about your lifestyle or home situation. A good breeder will want to make sure that you’re prepared to care for a Chihuahua and that you’re a good fit for the dog.
- The breeder has very young puppies available. Puppies shouldn’t be separated from their mothers until they’re at least 8 weeks old.
- The breeder doesn’t seem knowledgeable about the breed. A responsible breeder will be able to tell you about the history of the Chihuahua, common health problems, and temperament traits.
- The breeder doesn’t require that you sign a contract. A good contract will protect both the buyer and the seller and will outline things like who is responsible for vet care, what happens if the puppy needs to be returned, and so on.
The bottom line is that you should do your research before you buy a Chihuahua.
Visit Your Alabama Chihuahua Breeder in Person
If you’re looking for a chihuahua breeder in Alabama, it’s important to visit them in person. This will give you an idea of the conditions in which their animals are kept, as well as how they interact with potential buyers.
Visiting your potential breeder in person will also allow you to ask questions about the dogs they have for sale, their experience with the breed, and what type of health guarantees they offer.
Questions to Ask Your Breeder
Ask for References from Your Chihuahua Breeder in Alabama
If you are looking for a reputable Chihuahua breeder in Alabama, it is important to ask for references.
A good breeder should be able to provide you with the names and contact information of at least three people who have purchased puppies from them in the past. These references should be able to tell you about their experience with the breeder, as well as the health and temperament of the puppies they received.
When contacting references, be sure to ask specific questions about the breeder’s practices, such as whether they require buyers to sign a contract or if they offer any type of health guarantee. You should also find out if the references were satisfied with the overall experience of dealing with the breeder.
If any of the references you speak to have negative things to say about the breeder, it is best to look elsewhere for your new furry friend.
Ask Your Alabama Chihuahua Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
A reputable Chihuahua breeder in Alabama will have no problem letting you meet some of their past customers.
This is a great way to see how the puppies have turned out and to get an idea of what kind of temperaments they have. It’s also a good way to make sure that the breeder is on the up and up.
Meeting past customers will allow you to get a feel for the type of operation the breeder is running.
If they seem like they don’t want you to meet any of their past customers, that’s a huge red flag.
The last thing you want is to end up with a Chihuahua from a backyard breeder who doesn’t care about the health and welfare of their dogs.
Does Your Alabama Chihuahua Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
When meeting with potential breeders, be sure to ask about the veterinarians they use and recommend. A good breeder will have established relationships with one or more vets and can provide you with referrals. This is important because it’s vital that your Chihuahua receives proper medical care throughout its life.
Your breeder should also be able to provide you with information on the health problems that are common to Chihuahuas. Be sure to ask about these so that you can be prepared to deal with them if they should arise.
Ask The Alabama Breeder if Your Chihuahua Puppy Has Any Health Problems
Like all breeds, Chihuahuas are prone to certain health problems. Be sure to ask your breeder about any health problems that are common in the breed. Some health problems that may be seen in Chihuahuas include:
- Patellar Luxation: Also called “slipped stifles,” this is a dislocation of the kneecap. It’s a painful condition that can lead to arthritis.
- Hydrocephalus: This is an accumulation of fluid on the brain and can cause seizures, tremors, and other neurological problems.
- Hypoglycemia: Low blood sugar can cause weakness, lethargy, and seizures in young, small dogs like Chihuahuas.
- Heart Disease: There are several types of heart disease that can affect Chihuahuas.
You should also ask the Alabama Chihuahua breeder if your puppy’s parents have had any genetic testing done. Some of the tests that may have been performed include OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals) certification for hip dysplasia and elbow dysplasia, CERF (Canine Eye Registry Foundation) certification for eye diseases, and cardiac testing.
What Type Of Health Guarantee Does Your Alabama Chihuahua Breeder Offer?
When looking for a Chihuahua breeder in Alabama, it’s important to find one who offers a health guarantee.
This will give you peace of mind knowing that your puppy is healthy and free from any genetic defects. Be sure to ask about the health guarantee before making any decisions.
A proper health guarantee will cover your puppy for things like congenital defects, hip dysplasia, and other health problems that can occur.
It’s important to find an Alabama Chihuahua breeder who is willing to stand behind the health of their puppies.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Chihuahua Puppy
So, you’ve decided to add a Chihuahua to your family. Congratulations! Chihuahuas make great companion animals and are sure to bring years of love and laughter into your home.
But before you bring your new furry friend home, there are a few things you’ll need to do to puppy-proof your house.
One of the most important things you can do to prepare for your Chihuahua is to puppy-proof your home. This means creating a safe environment for your pup to explore without getting hurt or into trouble.
Here are a few tips on how to puppy-proof your home:
1. Block off any areas that could be dangerous for a small dog. This includes stairways, balconies, and pools.
2. Store away any poisonous plants or chemicals.
3. Remove any small objects that your puppy could choke on.
4. Get rid of any electric cords that could be a chew toy for your pup.
5. Keep trash cans out of reach and put away anything else that might be tempting for your puppy to chew on.
6. If you have another pet, make sure they are up to date on their vaccinations and introduce them slowly to the new addition to the family.
7. Finally, baby-proof your home by installing gates or barriers in areas you don’t want your puppy to go.
By following these simple tips, you can help create a safe and fun arrival for your puppy.
Potty Training Your New Chihuahua Puppy
One of the first things you will want to do when you get your new Chihuahua puppy home is start potty training.
Although it may seem daunting at first, potty training your Chihuahua can be relatively easy if you use positive reinforcement and consistent rules and routines. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Choose a designated potty area for your Chihuahua. It could be in your backyard, on a patio or balcony, or even in a specific room or corner of your home. Just make sure it’s an area where you can easily take your puppy to and from without too much hassle.
2. Take your puppy to the designated potty area frequently, especially after meals, naps, and playtime. It’s important to develop a regular potty schedule for your puppy so they know when it’s time to go.
3. Be patient and consistent with your puppy. They may have accidents inside, but if you remain calm and praise them when they make it to the designated potty area, they’ll eventually catch on.
4. Use positive reinforcement such as treats or verbal praise when your Chihuahua does their business in the designated area. This will help them associate going potty with something positive and encourage them to do it again in the future.
5. Never punish your Chihuahua for having an accident inside. This will only confuse them and make them afraid of you. If you catch them in the act, calmly take them to the designated potty area and praise them when they finish there.
With a little patience and consistency, you’ll have your Chihuahua potty trained in no time.
The Benefits of Purchasing A Chihuahua from A Reputable Breeder
When you are looking for a new furry friend, it is important to do your research and find a reputable Chihuahua breeder. There are many benefits of purchasing your Chihuahua from a reputable source, including:
1. Healthier Puppies – Reputable breeders take the time to health test their dogs before breeding them, ensuring that only the healthiest puppies are born. This means that your puppy will likely be healthier overall and have fewer genetic health issues.
2. Better Temperament – Reputable breeders also focus on temperamental traits when selecting which dogs to breed. This means that your puppy is more likely to have a good temperament and be a well-rounded dog.
3. You Can Meet the Parents – When you purchase a puppy from a reputable breeder, you will likely be able to meet the parents of your puppy. This allows you to get an idea of what your puppy will be like when they are full grown.
4. You Will Get Support – A reputable breeder will be there for you after you take your puppy home. They can answer any questions you have and help you with any problems that may arise.
5. You Will Know What You Are Getting – A reputable breeder will be able to tell you about the history of the breed, as well as the specific traits of your puppy. This allows you to make an informed decision about whether or not a Chihuahua is the right breed for you.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.