Chihuahua Puppies for Sale in North Carolina
If you are looking for Chihuahua puppies for sale in North Carolina then you have come to the right place. Here at ReadPlease we are obsessed with helping dog lovers find their perfect puppy match. With thousands of breeders listed on our site, we are sure to have the perfect one for you.
Take a look through our breeder’s listings and find your ideal Chihuahua puppy today.
Chihuahuas are a popular breed of dog and make great pets for people living in apartments or homes with small yards. They are also a good choice for families with children as they are typically very friendly and playful.
When looking for a Chihuahua breeder, be sure to ask lots of questions about the puppies’ parents and health history. It is also important to find a breeder who screens their dogs for genetic health problems and tests for parasites.
If you live in North Carolina, be sure to check out our list of Chihuahua breeders below. We are confident that you will find the perfect puppy to fit your lifestyle and personality.
Chihuahua Breeders List in North Carolina
|Premium Chihuahuas||Sanford, NC||919-208-2608||Website|
|Shadybrook Kennels||Burlington, NC||336-227-8924||Website|
|Tiffany & Chlo Chihuahuas||Rockingham, NC||910-995-5920||Website|
|Wynhaven’s Uneke Chihuahuas||Pelham, NC||336-388-2769||Website|
|April Johnson||Apex, NC||919-422-0217||No Website|
Chihuahua Breeder Details in North Carolina
Tiffany & Chlo Chihuahuas
Alternative Places to Purchase a Chihuahua Puppy
Chihuahua Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our Chihuahua List page.
What Is The Average Price for A Chihuahua Puppy in North Carolina?
The average price for a Chihuahua puppy in North Carolina will vary depending on the breeder. However, most breeders charge around $300 to $600 for a Chihuahua pup.
A few factors that might influence price could be:
- The breeder’s reputation
- The coat color and pattern of the pup
- Whether the pup is male or female
Be sure to do your research before purchasing a Chihuahua puppy in North Carolina. There are many scams out there, so it is important to find a reputable breeder that you can trust.
Be sure to ask the breeder about their return policy in case the puppy doesn’t work out for you. Many breeders offer a guarantee of some sort and will take the dog back at any time during its life.
If you are looking for a friendly, playful, and low-maintenance pet, then a Chihuahua may be the perfect breed for you. We hope to help you find your perfect puppy soon.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Chihuahua Puppy in North Carolina?
Yes, it is possible to find free Chihuahua puppies in North Carolina. However, we do not recommend this option as there are many scams out there.
Instead, we recommend finding a reputable breeder who can offer you a healthy and happy puppy.
How to Find A Responsible Chihuahua Breeder in North Carolina
Looking for a responsible Chihuahua breeder in North Carolina can be daunting, but it’s worth the effort. Reputable breeders typically have websites and/or Facebook pages that show pictures of their dogs and list their contact information. Here are some tips on how to find a responsible Chihuahua breeder in North Carolina:
- Ask your friends and family if they know of any reputable breeders in your area.
- Do a Google search for “Chihuahua breeders in North Carolina.” Review the websites of several breeders to get a sense of their breeding practices and standards.
- Contact the American Kennel Club (AKC) or the Chihuahua Club of America (CCA) to find a list of accredited breeders in your area.
- Meet the puppies and their parents in person. Ask the breeder questions about the puppies’ health, temperament, and how they were raised.
- Make sure you are comfortable with the breeder and their policies before purchasing a puppy.
Check our list of responsible North Carolina Chihuahua breeders above.
Visit Your North Carolina Chihuahua Breeder in Person
When you’ve found a few potential breeders, the next step is to visit them in person. This will give you the opportunity to meet the puppies and their parents, as well as ask the breeder questions about their breeding practices and standards. Some things you may want to ask include:
- How many litters do you have per year?
- Do you have any health guarantees?
- What kind of food and shelter do you provide for your dogs?
- Are the puppies’ parents registered with the AKC or CCA?
- What kind of personality do the puppies have?
- How are the puppies raised (i.e. are they socialized with other animals and people)?
If you’re not comfortable with the breeder or their policies, move on to another one. There are plenty of responsible breeders out there, so there’s no need to settle for anything less.
Questions to Ask
Ask for References from Your Chihuahua Breeder in North Carolina
Once you’ve narrowed down the list of Chihuahua breeders to a few, it’s important to ask for references. Contact the previous buyers of the puppies and ask if they were happy with their purchase. Find out what the breeder’s after-sales service was like and if they had any problems with their puppy.
References will be able to give you an idea of the quality of the puppies and the breeder’s reputation. They can tell you if the puppies were healthy and well-socialized.
If you’re still not sure whether a breeder is reputable, contact your local Chihuahua rescue to see if they’ve heard any negative feedback about the breeder.
References are key when finding a reputable Chihuahua breeder in North Carolina.
Get A Health Certificate
A reputable Chihuahua breeder will always provide a health certificate for each puppy they sell. This certificate should be provided by a licensed veterinarian and should list the puppy’s health information, including any vaccinations and deworming treatments that have been administered.
If a breeder doesn’t provide a health certificate, it’s best to avoid them. They may be trying to hide something or they may not be following the necessary health protocols for their puppies.
When you’re buying a puppy, it’s important to make sure that you’re getting a healthy one. Make sure to ask for a health certificate from your Chihuahua breeder in North Carolina.
Make Sure The Breeder Is AKC-Registered
The American Kennel Club (AKC) is the most well-known dog registry in the United States. All reputable Chihuahua breeders should be registered with the AKC.
When you’re looking for a Chihuahua breeder, make sure to ask if they’re registered with the AKC. If they’re not, it’s best to avoid them.
The AKC registration is proof that the breeder is committed to breeding high-quality dogs. It also shows that they’re following the AKC’s strict guidelines and standards.
Buying a puppy from an AKC-registered breeder is one of the best ways to ensure that you’re getting a healthy, well-bred dog.
Ask Your North Carolina Chihuahua Breeder If You Can Meet Past Customers
One of the best things you can do when looking for a reputable North Carolina Chihuahua breeder is to ask if you can meet past customers. A good breeder will have no problem putting you in touch with other people who have purchased puppies from them in the past. This will give you the opportunity to see how well the dogs have been cared for and socialized, and to get an idea of what their temperament is like.
Meeting past customers can give you insight into what it will be like to work with a particular North Carolina Chihuahua breeder. You’ll be able to get an idea of their communication style and whether or not they’re responsive to questions and concerns. This is valuable information that can help you make a decision about whether or not a breeder is a right fit for you.
It’s also a good idea to ask for references from people who have worked with the breeder in the past, such as veterinarians, dog trainers, or groomers. These professionals can give you an idea of the breeder’s reputation and whether or not they would recommend them to others.
Does Your North Carolina Chihuahua Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
If you’re looking for a Chihuahua breeder in North Carolina, it’s important to find one who has a good veterinarian they use. A good vet is key to keeping your new dog healthy and happy. Make sure to ask the breeder about their veterinarian and how often they take their dogs in for checkups. If the breeder can’t tell you or seems hesitant to answer, it might be best to look elsewhere.
A good breeder/veterinarian relationship is crucial for the health of your new dog.
What Is The Chihuahua’s Temperament?
When you’re looking for a Chihuahua breeder in North Carolina, it’s important to find out about the temperament of the breed. Chihuahuas are known for being loyal and loving, but they can also be yappy and protective. They are great for families with kids and other pets, but might not do well in an apartment if left alone too often. Make sure to ask the breeder about the temperament of their dogs and what kinds of homes they would do best in.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Chihuahua Dog Breeder in North Carolina
While there are plenty of responsible chihuahua breeders in North Carolina, thre are some unethical ones. Here are some tips to look out for:
- The breeder has too many dogs: A responsible breeder will only have a few litters at a time. If they have more than that, it’s likely they are running a puppy mill.
- The breeder doesn’t ask you any questions: A good breeder will want to know about your lifestyle and home situation to make sure one of their dogs is a good fit for you. If they don’t ask you any questions, they might not be as concerned with finding the right home for their puppies.
- The breeder seems uninterested in meeting you: A responsible breeder will want to meet you in person to make sure you’re a good fit for their dog. If they seem uninterested or refuse to meet you, they might be trying to hide something.
- The breeder has sickly or malnourished dogs: This is a sign that the breeder is not taking proper care of their dogs. Avoid breeders with sickly or malnourished animals.
- The breeder doesn’t let you see where the puppies are raised: A good breeder will be proud to show you where their puppies are raised. If they refuse or seem hesitant, it’s best to find another breeder.
Be wary of any red flags when searching for a Chihuahua breeder in North Carolina. If something doesn’t seem right, it’s best to move on to another breeder.
Ask The North Carolina Breeder If Your Chihuahua Puppy Has Any Health Problems
All breeds of dogs are susceptible to health problems, and the Chihuahua is no exception. That’s why it’s important to ask the North Carolina breeder if your Chihuahua puppy has any health problems. A reputable breeder will be happy to answer any questions you have about the health of their dogs.
If you’re looking for a healthy and happy Chihuahua puppy, be sure to ask the breeder about the health of the parents. Good breeders will screen their dogs for genetic diseases and will only breed healthy animals. This is one of the best ways to ensure that your Chihuahua puppy will live a long and healthy life.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Chihuahua Puppy
Congratulations on your new Chihuahua puppy. Bringing a new puppy home is an exciting time, but it’s also a time when you need to do some preparation to make sure your home is safe and comfortable for your new furry friend. Here are some tips on how to get your home ready for your Chihuahua puppy:
- Puppy-proof your home. Just like with a young child, you’ll want to make sure that your home is safe for your puppy. Remove any potential hazards, such as electrical cords, toxic plants, and small objects that they could choke on. Be sure to put away anything fragile or valuable that you don’t want them to damage.
- Set up a designated area for your puppy to sleep and play. Puppies need a safe, comfortable place to sleep where they can feel secure. You’ll also want to create an area where your puppy can play and exercise, such as a fenced-in yard or designated room.
- Make sure your Chihuahua has plenty of toys to keep them occupied. Chihuahuas are often very playful dogs, so be sure to provide them with plenty of toys to chew on and play with. This will help keep them out of trouble and prevent them from becoming bored.
Have lots of patience. Training a new puppy can be a lot of work, but it’s worth it in the end. Be patient and consistent with your training
Potty Training Your New Chihuahua Puppy
One of the first things you’ll need to do with your new Chihuahua puppy is potty train them. Potty training can be a challenge, but it’s important to be patient and consistent with your puppy. Here are some tips on potty training your Chihuahua:
- Start with crate training. Crate training is a great way to help your puppy learn where they should go to the bathroom. Your puppy will need to be able to hold their bladder for several hours at a time, so it’s important to start with short periods of time in the crate and gradually increase the amount of time as they get older.
- Use positive reinforcement. Whenever your puppy goes potty in their designated area, be sure to praise them and give them a treat. This will help them associate good things with going to the bathroom in the right place.
- Be consistent. One of the most important things when potty training a puppy is being consistent with your commands and rewards. If you get lax on your rules, your puppy will likely start to disobey you.
These are just a few tips on how to prepare your home for a new Chihuahua puppy. For more information, be sure to check out our website or contact your local Chihuahua breeder.