Chihuahua Puppies for Sale in Virginia
If you’re looking for Chihuahua puppies for sale in Virginia, you’ve come to the right place. Here at ReadPlease, we strive to put you in contact with the best Chihuahua breeders in Virginia.
We have breeders from all over the state including Norfolk, Richmond, Charlottesville and more.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
If you’re not sure which type of Chihuahua is right for you, we can help. We’ve got tons of information about these popular little dogs including their history, temperament and more.
And if you’re looking for a specific color or coat type, we can help with that too.
Take a look around our site and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re always happy to help.
Chihuahua Breeders List in Virginia
|Chilove Chihuahuas||Hampton, VA||757-913-3293||Website|
|Pannell’s Precious Pupsis||Amelia Court House, VA||804-561-5351||Website|
|Happy Trail Chihuahuas||Fredericksburg, VA||540-845-9068||Website|
|Pauley’s Pups||Ashland, VA||804-798-7877||Website|
|B&D Chihuahuas||Warsaw, VA||804-450-1481||Website|
|Animal Haus Kennel||Bristol, VA||276-466-8600||Website|
|Blue Ridge Chihuahuas||Falls Mills, VA||540-250-5275||Website|
|De Landas Chihuahuas||Berryville, VA||703-608-2807||No Website|
|Alice Hutton||Chesapeake, VA||757-403-6822||No Website|
|Teresa Melton||Roanoke, VA||540-676-3348||Website|
Chihuahua Breeder Details in Virginia
De Landas Chihuahuas
Alternative Places to Purchase a Chihuahua Puppy
Chihuahua Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our Chihuahua List page.
What Is The Average Price for A Chihuahua Puppy in Virginia?
The average price for a Chihuahua puppy in Virginia is $600. This price can vary depending on factors such as the breeder’s experience, the litter size, and the location of the breeder.
Some breeders may also charge more for puppies with rare colors or markings.
If you’re not sure how much you should expect to pay for a Chihuahua puppy, it’s always a good idea to ask the breeder before making a purchase.
What Are The Most Popular Coat Colors For Chihuahuas?
The most popular coat colors for Chihuahuas are black, brown, and white. However, these dogs can come in a wide variety of colors including blue, cream, fawn, and red.
Some Chihuahuas even have two colors or a mix of colors in their coats.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Chihuahua Puppy in Virginia?
Unfortunately, the answer is generally no – it is very unlikely that you will be able to find a free Chihuahua puppy in Virginia.
This is because most reputable breeders do not give their puppies away for free, as they have invested a lot of time and money into raising them.
However, that does not mean that you cannot find an affordable Chihuahua puppy in Virginia.
There are many responsible breeders who charge reasonable prices for their puppies, and there are also a number of shelters and rescue organizations that have Chihuahuas available for adoption.
So if you are set on finding a Chihuahua puppy in Virginia, your best bet is to either search for a reputable breeder or look at online classifieds.
How to Find A Reputable Chihuahua Breeder in Virginia
If you are looking for a reputable Chihuahua breeder in Virginia, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. It is important to find a breeder that has a good reputation and who is willing to work with you to ensure that your puppy is healthy and happy.
Here are some tips on how to find a reputable Chihuahua breeder in Virginia:
- Ask around: Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors who have dogs. Ask them if they know of any good breeders in the area.
- Do some research online: There are many websites that list breeders in the area. You can also check out forums and message boards where people discuss their experiences with different breeders.
- Visit the breeder’s facility: This is an important step in determining whether or not a breeder is reputable. You should be able to see the conditions of the puppies and the adults, as well as how they are being cared for.
- Ask questions: Be sure to ask the breeder questions about their experience, the health of their dogs, and what type of guarantee they offer.
- Get references: Ask the breeder for references from previous customers. These people can give you first-hand accounts of their experiences with the breeder.
Following these tips will help you find a reputable Chihuahua breeder in Virginia who can provide you with a healthy, happy puppy.
Look Out for The Signs of An Unethical Chihuahua Dog Breeder in Virginia
When you’re looking for a Chihuahua puppy, it’s important to find a responsible and ethical breeder. Unfortunately, there are some breeders out there who care more about making a quick buck than they do about the welfare of their dogs.
To help you avoid these types of breeders, here are a few signs to look out for:
- The breeder has multiple litters of puppies available at all times.
- The breeder seems more interested in selling puppies than actually talking to you about them.
- The breeder doesn’t ask you any questions about your lifestyle or what kind of home you can provide for a puppy.
- The breeder has puppies that seem sick or undernourished.
- The breeder refuses to let you meet the puppies’ parents.
- The breeder doesn’t seem to know anything about the Chihuahua breed.
- The breeder has a kennel full of dogs that are all barking incessantly.
- You get a bad feeling when you visit the breeder’s facility.
If you come across a breeder who displays any of these signs, it’s best to walk away and find another source for your Chihuahua puppy.
There are plenty of responsible breeders out there who will be happy to answer all of your questions and show you around their facilities. Take your time in finding the perfect breeder for you.
Visit Your Virginia Chihuahua Breeder in Person
When looking for a reputable Chihuahua breeder in Virginia VA, it’s important that you visit the breeder in person.
This will allow you to see the conditions in which the dogs are kept, meet the staff and get a feel for the overall operation. A good breeder will be happy to answer all of your questions and show you around their facility.
Ask to see the parents of the puppies that are available, as well as any older dogs that are on the premises. Be sure to ask about health clearances and whether or not the breeder follows a strict breeding protocol.
A good breeder will have no problem providing you with all of this information.
Questions to Ask Your Breeder
Ask for References from Your Chihuahua Breeder in Virginia
When looking for a reputable Chihuahua breeder in Virginia, make sure to ask for references.
A good breeder will have no problem providing you with the names and contact information of previous customers. These people can tell you about their experiences with the breeder and their dogs.
Speaking with references will give you a good idea of what to expect if you decide to purchase a dog from the breeder.
They can tell you what the transaction was like, how the puppy was shipped (if applicable), and what the health of the dog has been like since they’ve had it.
If the breeder is hesitant to give you references, that’s a red flag. You should also be wary of breeders who only have positive things to say about themselves. Any good breeder will understand that you want to talk to other people who have purchased dogs from them before making a decision.
Ask Your Virginia Chihuahua Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
If you’re looking for a Chihuahua breeder in Virginia, be sure to ask if you can meet past customers.
A reputable breeder should have no problem putting you in touch with previous buyers who can attest to the quality of their puppies. This will give you some peace of mind that you’re dealing with a responsible, caring breeder.
Past customers can tell you a lot about a breeder, including how well the puppies were socialized, whether they were healthy and free of genetic defects, and what the overall experience was like.
If a breeder is reluctant to put you in touch with past customers, that’s a red flag that you should look elsewhere.
The bottom line is that finding a good Chihuahua breeder in Virginia takes some time and effort. But it’s worth it when you find the perfect puppy for your family.
Be Prepared to Answer Some Questions Yourself
When you contact a Chihuahua breeder in Virginia, they may have some questions for you as well.
They want to ensure that their puppies are going to good homes where they’ll be loved and cared for properly. Be prepared to answer questions about your living situation, whether you have other pets, and your plans for training and socializing the puppy.
You may also be asked to sign a contract stipulating that you’ll spay or neuter the dog at a certain age. This is a common practice among responsible breeders who want to do their part to reduce pet overpopulation.
Don’t be offended by the breeder’s questions. They’re just trying to do what’s best for their puppies.
Does Your Virginia Chihuahua Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
You should always make sure that your Virginia Chihuahua breeder has a good relationship with a veterinarian.
This way, if there are any health problems with your puppy, you can be sure that they will get the best care possible. A good breeder will also be able to provide you with copies of the medical records for your puppy so that you can take them to your own vet if you ever need to.
It is important that you feel comfortable with the Virginia Chihuahua breeder before you commit to buying a puppy from them.
Ask The Virginia Breeder if Your Chihuahua Puppy Has Any Health Problems
When you’re considering a Chihuahua puppy, it’s important to ask the breeder about any health problems that might be common in the breed.
Some health problems are more likely to occur in certain breeds, and knowing if a problem is likely to occur can help you make the best decision for your family.
One health concern that is particularly important to ask about in Chihuahuas is dwarfism. Dwarfism is a condition that results in abnormally short legs, and it can cause a number of other health problems as well.
Dogs with dwarfism often have difficulty walking and may suffer from pain in their joints. They may also be more prone to respiratory problems and gastrointestinal issues.
All breeds are prone to some diseases, as a Chihuahua owner, you just want to know which diseases they’re more susceptible to.
What Type Of Health Guarantee Does Your Florida Chihuahua Breeder Offer?
When it comes to finding a Chihuahua breeder in Florida, you want to make sure that you find one that offers a health guarantee.
This is important because it will give you peace of mind knowing that your puppy will be healthy and free from any genetic defects. A lot of breeders will offer a one-year health guarantee, but some may go up to two years. It really depends on the breeder, so be sure to ask about this before you make your final decision.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Chihuahua Puppy
Before bringing your new furry friend home, it’s important to do some preparation to make sure your home is safe and comfortable for them.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare your home for your new Chihuahua puppy:
1. Puppies need their own space: just like small children, puppies need their own space that is safe and secure. This means creating a designated area in your home where your puppy can sleep, eat, and play without being disturbed by other family members or pets.
Puppies are also attracted to anything that smells like food, so it’s important to keep your kitchen clean and free of any potential hazards.
2. Get rid of anything that could be harmful: it’s important to puppy-proof your home by getting rid of anything that could potentially harm them. This includes things like electrical cords, chemicals, and small objects that they could choke on.
3. Exercise caution when introducing your puppy to other pets: When introducing your puppy to other pets in the home, it’s important to do so slowly and carefully. Allow the animals to sniff each other and get used to each other’s scent before letting them interact.
And always supervise their interactions until you’re confident they’re comfortable with each other.
4. Create a safe environment: Puppies are curious creatures, so it’s important to make sure your home is safe for them to explore.
Put away any breakable items, cover up any sharp corners, and block off any stairs or other areas that could be dangerous for them.
5. Be prepared for accidents: Puppies will have accidents, so it’s important to be prepared with some absorbent pads or newspapers in the designated area of your home.
And despite your best efforts, there may still be the occasional accident elsewhere in the house. So it’s also important to have a good pet stain and odor remover on hand to clean up any messes.
Following these tips will help you create a safe and comfortable environment for your new Chihuahua puppy. And while they may take some time to
The Benefits of Purchasing a Chihuahua from A Reputable Breeder
Purchasing a Chihuahua from a reputable source in Virginia has many benefits.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- You can be assured that the breeder has experience in raising healthy and well-adjusted puppies. A good breeder will have years of experience and will only breed Chihuahuas that meet their high standards. This means that you are more likely to get a puppy that is healthy and free of genetic defects.
- Good breeders stand behind their dogs. If you purchase a Chihuahua from a reputable source, they will offer you a health guarantee. This means that if your puppy develops any health problems, the breeder will take responsibility and provide you with a replacement puppy or refund your purchase price.
- Reputable breeders are dedicated to their dogs and their puppies. They want to make sure that their puppies go to good homes where they will be loved and cared for. This means that they will carefully screen potential buyers to make sure that they are a good match for one of their puppies.
- Good breeders will be happy to answer any questions you have about Chihuahuas or dog ownership in general. They want you to be well-informed about the breed and feel confident in your decision to purchase one of their puppies.
These are all great reasons to purchase a dog from a breeder.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.