Doberman Puppies for Sale in California
Table of Contents
Looking for Doberman puppies for sale in California? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Here at ReadPlease, we have compiled an extensive directory of the best Doberman breeders in California.
These breeders strive to produce healthy Doberman puppies with the best temperaments possible. Whether you’re looking for a male or female Doberman, there’s sure to be one that is perfect for your family.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
If you have any questions about finding the right Doberman breeder in California, feel free to contact us today.
If you’re interested in purchasing a Doberman puppy from one of our California breeders, simply click on their name to visit their personal website.
From there you’ll be able to view photos of their current litters, learn more about their specific breeding practices, and even get in touch with them to ask any questions you may have.
Enjoy your search!
Doberman Breeders List in California
|North Hollywood, CA
|Angels Camp, CA
|West Coast Doberman Ranch
|San Jose, CA
|Walnut Ranch Dobermans
|La Grange, CA
|Lower Lake, CA
Doberman Breeder Details in California
Walnut Ranch Dobermans
La Grange, CA
Lower Lake, CA
Alternative Places to Purchase A Doberman Puppy
Doberman Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our Doberman Breeders List page.
What Is The Average Price for A Doberman Puppy in California?
The average price for a Doberman puppy in California is $1,200. However, prices can vary depending on the breeder, the specific litter, and the demand for Doberman puppies in your area.
To get the most accurate pricing information, we recommend that you contact the breeders listed above and inquire about the current availability and pricing of their puppies.
Other potential costs to consider include vaccination, deworming, microchipping, and spaying or neutering.
Most reputable breeders offer a health guarantee for their puppies as well.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Doberman Puppy in California?
It is not possible to find a free Doberman puppy in California.
To help cover some of the costs associated with breeding, raising, and selling puppies, breeders typically charge an upfront fee for their puppies.
This fee helps them maintain their business and support future efforts to improve the breed or produce more litters.
If you are still interested in finding a free Doberman puppy near you, we recommend contacting area rescue organizations for information about any dogs that may need new homes.
While adopting a dog from a shelter or rescue organization is not as common as purchasing one directly from a breeder, it can be an excellent alternative if you’re looking for a furry friend but with limited funds.
How to Find A Reputable Doberman Breeder in California
No questions asked, finding a good breeder is the most important part of the puppy selection process.
Here are 5 ways to find a reputable breeder:
- Start with referrals from friends, family, and your veterinarian.
- Do your research online and offline.
- Check out the breeder’s website and social media presence.
- Ask the right questions when you meet the breeder in person.
- Trust your gut instinct.
A reputable breeder will be able to answer all of your questions, and they will also have questions for you.
When meeting a potential breeder, be sure to ask about health clearances, temperaments, training methods, and what the puppy’s diet will be like.
You should also inquire about the breeder’s experience with the Doberman breed and whether they are a member of any professional organizations such as the Doberman Pinscher Club of America.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Doberman Dog Breeder in California
Another very important part of the process is being able to identify the signs of an unethical breeder. This will help you avoid these types of breeders.
Here are 8 signs of an irresponsible breeder:
- They refuse to allow you to meet the parents of the puppy.
- They don’t offer a health guarantee or contract for their puppies.
- They don’t provide any medical records or vaccination histories for the puppies that they sell.
- Their dogs are kept in poor living conditions, such as small dirty cages and unhealthy environments.
- They are only interested in making a sale, and they do not have your best interests in mind when selecting a puppy for you.
- They breed their dogs without testing them for common health issues in the breed, such as hip dysplasia and heart problems.
- They don’t know much about proper training techniques and may use aggressive methods to address behavioral problems.
- They are not registered with any professional organizations, such as the American Kennel Club or United Kennel Club.
If you come across a breeder that displays any of these red flags, it is best to move on and look elsewhere for your new furry friend.
Visit Your California Doberman Breeder in Person
The best way to confirm you’ve found a reputable breeder is by paying them a visit in person.
Many breeders don’t offer easy access to their kennels or cattery where they keep the animals, but if you do some research online, it can be worth your while.
Visiting your breeder can give you insight into their operation, and you’ll be able to see the environment that your potential pet has been raised in.
A reputable breeder will be happy to show you around and answer any questions that you have.
Ask to see the area where the animals are kept and pay attention to how they look and act.
The animals should be clean and well-cared for, with plenty of room to move around.
The breeder should also be able to provide you with information about the animal’s parents and grandparents.
This is important because it can give you an idea of what sort of temperament and health issues may be present in the animal.
Questions to Ask Your Breeder
Ask for References from Your Doberman Breeder in California
There are many breeders who may seem trustworthy, but they may not be accredited.
Make sure to ask them questions such as:
- Do you have references from previous clients?
- How long have you been breeding dogs?
- What type of health testing do you perform on your breeding stock?
Speaking with past references will give you a good idea about what to expect from the breeder in terms of the service and temperament of the puppies.
Reputable breeders will be more than happy to provide you with references.
Ask Your California Doberman Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
Don’t hesitate to ask your potential breeder if you can meet some of their past customers. This will give you an opportunity to get a first-hand account of what it’s like to own a dog from this person.
If the breeder is unwilling to let you meet any of their past clients, that should be a huge red flag.
Additionally, pay attention to how the breeder treats you when you first inquire about their dogs.
Are they friendly and accommodating? Or do they seem uninterested in helping you find the right pup?
A good breeder will want to ensure that you’re a good fit for one of their dogs, and they should be more than happy to answer any questions you have.
Does Your California Doberman Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
A good breeder will have a great relationship with a local veterinarian and will be able to provide you with references.
A good breeder will also be able to tell you about any health problems that are common in the breed and how they are being addressed. A quality breeder will also offer a written health guarantee.
You should always visit the vet within a few days of taking your new puppy home. This is important for two reasons.
First, you want to make sure that your puppy is off to a healthy start.
Second, this gives you an opportunity to ask the vet any questions that you may have about caring for your new puppy.
Your vet can also help you get started on a vaccination schedule and heartworm prevention.
Ask The California Breeder if Your Doberman Puppy Has Any Health Problems
Doberman breeders in California are dedicated to providing you with healthy, happy puppies that will make excellent companions for your family.
When choosing a breeder, it is important to ask them about any potential health problems associated with the Doberman breed.
Some common health issues include heart disease, hip dysplasia, and eye defects.
If your puppy has any of these issues, the breeder should be able to talk to you about treatment options and help you find resources for managing the condition.
These breeders carefully screen their breeding dogs for any health problems or genetic issues, so you can be sure that your puppy will be healthy and happy throughout its life.
What Type of Health Guarantee Does Your California Doberman Breeder Offer?
If you are looking for a quality Doberman breeder in California, then it’s important to find one that offers a health guarantee.
A good breeder will do everything possible to ensure the health and well-being of their Doberman puppies, including having them examined by a certified vet before they leave the kennel.
This is the best indicator that your new puppy will be healthy and happy for years to come.
Ask about their health guarantee and what types of tests they perform on their dogs to screen for potential genetic conditions.
By doing your research and asking questions, you can rest assured that your new dog is getting the best possible care.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Doberman Puppy
If you have decided to add a Doberman puppy to your family, it’s important to prepare your home so that it’s safe for your new pet.
Here are 8 tips to help you prepare your home for your puppy:
1. Remove any small objects or items that could be harmful to your puppy, such as electrical cords or toxic plants.
2. Make sure there are plenty of toys and chewable objects available to keep your puppy entertained and happy.
3. Set up a comfortable space where your puppy can rest and relax, such as a crate or bed area.
4. Be sure to establish clear boundaries and rules for your puppy early on, so they know what is expected of them and how to behave appropriately in different situations.
5. Create an exercise routine that works for both you and your puppy, whether it involves taking daily walks or playing interactive games indoors.
6. Spend time socializing your puppy with other people and animals, so they learn to be comfortable in a variety of different environments.
7. Regularly brush and groom your puppy to keep their coat healthy and clean, and schedule regular veterinarian checkups to ensure they stay healthy as well.
8. Above all else, make sure you are providing plenty of love, care, and attention for your new Doberman puppy.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your home is ready for your new puppy and that they have everything they need to thrive.
Potty Training Your New Doberman Puppy
Undoubtedly the most important thing you will teach your puppy is potty training.
Here are 6 steps to help you more easily potty-train your new puppy:
1. Start with a small space. Put your puppy in a confined area, such as a bathroom, laundry room or kitchen. This will help to prevent accidents in other parts of the house while you are potty-training.
2. Establish a regular routine. Take your puppy out to relieve himself at the same times each day and after he eats, drinks or wakes up from a nap. This will help him learn to get in the habit of going potty at regular intervals.
3. Create a positive, encouraging environment. Positive reinforcement can be an effective tool for teaching your puppy what you want him to do. Try giving your pup treats when he goes potty outside, and reward him with praise when he does his business in the right spot.
4. Keep it consistent. Your pup is more likely to learn if you are consistent about taking him out and reinforcing good behavior on a daily basis. Don’t give up too soon.
5. Reinforce training regularly as your dog gets older. Even adult dogs need to be reminded about where and when it is appropriate to go potty, so it’s important to maintain a regular routine of reinforcement.
6. Invest in a crate. Using a crate can help keep your puppy contained while you’re away from home and prevent accidents that can disrupt your daily routines.
Potty training is one of the most important things you will teach your new puppy.
With patience and consistency, you will have your pup house-trained in no time.
Final Thoughts – How to Choose A Reputable Breeder?
Finding a reputable Doberman breeder in California does require some effort on your part, but it is well worth it when you find the perfect pup for your family.
By following the tips in this article, you will be well on your way to bringing home a healthy and happy Doberman puppy that you can enjoy for many years to come.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.