Yorkie Puppies for Sale in California
Here at ReadPlease, we have gathered all the information you need to know about purchasing a Yorkie puppy from a breeder in California.
California is home to several top Yorkie breeders from around the country. This is a great state for finding small, healthy and well-socialized pups.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
The breeders we recommend are all experienced and knowledgeable about Yorkies. They will be able to help you choose the right pup for your family and answer any questions you have about care and training.
When choosing a breeder, it is important to visit the facility and meet the puppies and their parents. This will give you a good idea of the environment they are being raised in and the type of temperament they are likely to have.
We also recommend that you ask for references from previous buyers. This is a great way to get first-hand information about the breeder and their pups.
If you have any questions or need assistance finding a reputable Yorkie breeder in California, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Read on to find out some quick facts and tips about purchasing a Yorkie puppy in California.
Yorkie Breeders List in California
|Puppy Heaven||Agoura Hills, CA||818-757-7473||Website|
|Nor Cal Pups||Walnut Creek, CA||925-269-9116||Website|
|My Baby Yorkie Paws||Perris, CA||562-200-6131||Website|
|Puppy Avenue||Escondido, CA||619-786-7362||Website|
|PuppyLandLA||Los Angeles, CA||213-305-2000||Website|
|California Cuddles||Vacaville, CA||707-451-9418||Website|
|Stacy’s B||Manteca, CA||209-814-5437||Website|
|Mark Dearinger||San Diego, CA||619-804-2708||Website|
|Real Yorkies of NorCal||Anderson, CA||480-560-7913||No Website|
|Brigitt||Roseville, CA||916-410-5352||No Website|
Yorkie Breeder Details in California
Agoura Hills, CA
Nor Cal Pups
Walnut Creek, CA
My Baby Yorkie Paws
Los Angeles, CA
San Diego, CA
Real Yorkies of NorCal
Alternative Places to Purchase a Yorkie Puppy
Yorkie Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our List of Yorkie Breeders page.
What Is The Average Price for A Yorkie Puppy in California?
The average price for a Yorkie puppy in California is $1,200. However, prices can vary greatly depending on the breeder’s individual circumstances.
For example, some breeders may charge more for a Yorkie puppy that has championship bloodlines or that comes from a particularly rare lineage.
Additionally, the price of a Yorkie puppy may be higher if it has already been trained or if it is being sold as a show dog.
When looking for a Yorkie puppy in California, it is important to do your research and make sure that you are working with a reputable breeder.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Yorkie Puppy in California?
While it is possible to find a free Yorkie puppy in California, it is important to remember that these puppies will likely come from unregulated breeders.
This means that the puppies may not have received the proper vaccinations or medical care, and they may not be healthy overall.
Additionally, free Yorkie puppies are often not properly socialized, which can make them difficult to train and integrate into a family home.
For these reasons, it is generally best to avoid free Yorkie puppies and instead work with a reputable breeder who can provide you with a healthy, well-adjusted puppy.
How to Find A Reputable Yorkie Breeder in California
Here are 8 steps to help you find a reputable Yorkie breeder:
1. Get referrals from friends, family, or your veterinarian.
2. Do your research. visits websites and read through their information to get a feel for the breeder and how they operate.
3. Make sure the breeder is registered with the American Kennel Club (AKC) and/or other relevant organizations.
4. Ask about health testing and guarantees. Reputable breeders will be able to provide you with proof that their dogs have been health tested and come with a health guarantee.
5. Meet the parents. A good breeder will let you meet the puppies’ parents so you can see what they’re like and inquire about their own health history.
6. Observe the conditions of the breeding facility. It should be clean, and well-organized, and the dogs should appear to be happy and healthy.
7. Ask about the socialization process. A good breeder will start socializing their puppies from a young age so they are used to being around people and other animals.
8. Get everything in writing. Once you’ve decided on a puppy, make sure you get a sales contract that outlines all the agreements between you and the breeder. This will help protect both parties in case of any problems down the road.
Following these steps will help you find a reputable Yorkie breeder in California who can provide you with a healthy, happy puppy.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Yorkie Dog Breeder in California
When looking for a reputable Yorkie breeder in California CA, it is important to be aware of the signs that may indicate an unethical breeder.
Some things to look out for include:
- Puppies that are being sold at a very young age (less than 8 weeks old)
- Puppies that seem to be sick or have health problems
- A breeder who is not willing to let you see where the puppies are being raised
- A breeder who is not willing to answer your questions about the puppies or their parents
If you come across any of these red flags, it is best to avoid doing business with that breeder. There are plenty of ethical breeders out there who will be happy to answer all of your questions and show you around their facilities.
Visit Your California Yorkie Breeder in Person
Visiting your potential Yorkie breeder in person will give you a much better idea of what they are like and how they treat their dogs.
You will be able to see the living conditions of the puppies, as well as meet the parents of your potential new puppy. This is also a great time to ask any questions that you may have about the Yorkie breed or the specific breeder.
You will also be able to get a feel for the breeder themselves and see if they are someone that you would feel comfortable working with.
Make sure to visit several different breeders before making your final decision, as this will give you the best chance of finding the perfect Yorkie for you and your family.
Questions to Ask Your Breeder
Ask for References from Your Yorkie Breeder in California
When you contact a Yorkie breeder in California for the first time, ask for references.
Good breeders will be happy to provide them. A good reference can give you peace of mind that your new puppy comes from a reputable source.
References will be able to tell you about the health and temperament of the puppies, as well as what the breeder’s experience was like.
A good Yorkie Breeder in California will also be able to provide you with a contract that outlines your rights and responsibilities as the new owner.
This contract should outline the health guarantees that are in place, as well as any stipulations on spaying or neutering your new puppy.
By taking the time to ask for references and review a contract, you can help ensure that you bring home a healthy, happy puppy from a reputable source.
Ask Your California Yorkie Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
When you’re looking for a professional and reputable California Yorkie Breeder, make sure to ask if you can speak with some of their past customers.
This will give you a good idea of what kind of experience other people have had with the breeder, and whether or not they would recommend them. A good breeder will be more than happy to put you in touch with some of their past clients.
Past customers will be able to give you firsthand accounts of what it was like working with the breeder, and whether they would recommend them to others.
If a breeder is unwilling to put you in touch with any of their past clients, that’s a red flag and you should move on to another breeder.
The last thing you want is to end up working with a breeder who isn’t professional or reputable.
Does Your California Yorkie Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
The first step in finding a good California Yorkie breeder is to make sure that they have a good veterinarian they use. This is important because you want to make sure your puppy is healthy and has all the vaccinations they need.
You also want to make sure the breeder has experience with Yorkies and knows how to care for them properly.
A good breeder/veterinarian relationship is crucial in making sure your puppy is healthy and happy.
Ask The California Breeder if Your Yorkie Puppy Has Any Health Problems
Yorkies are a robust little breed, but they’re not immune to health problems. Some conditions are more common in Yorkies than in other breeds, so it’s important to ask your breeder about the health of your puppy’s parents and any littermates.
Here are some of the most common health conditions seen in Yorkies:
1. Patellar luxation is a condition in which the kneecap (patella) slips out of place. It can be painful and may require surgery to fix.
2. Legg-Calve-Perthes disease is a condition that affects the hip joint. It can be painful and may require surgery.
3. Portosystemic shunts (PSS) is a birth defect that affects the liver. Puppies with PSS may be small, have low energy, and have seizures. Surgery is the only treatment.
4. Epilepsy is a neurological condition that causes seizures. It can be controlled with medication.
5. Allergies are common in Yorkies and can cause itching, hair loss, and other skin problems.
6. Collapsing trachea is a condition in which the windpipe collapses. This can cause coughing and difficulty breathing. Surgery may be necessary to fix the problem.
Not all dogs will experience these issues, the breed is just more susceptible to them.
What Type of Health Guarantee Does Your California Yorkie Breeder Offer?
You want to make sure that the California Yorkie breeder you are working with offers a health guarantee.
This is important because it will protect you in case your puppy ends up having health problems. A good breeder will offer a health guarantee that covers things like genetic defects and illnesses.
Typically breeders will offer a one-year health guarantee, but some may offer longer guarantees.
Make sure to ask about the health guarantee before you purchase a puppy from a breeder.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Yorkie Puppy
Congratulations on your new puppy! Bringing a new fur baby into your home is an exciting time, but it’s important to do some preparation before they arrive. Here are some tips on how to get your home ready for your new Yorkie:
1. Puppy proof your home. Yorkies are small and curious, which means they can get into things they’re not supposed to. Make sure to put away any chemicals or cleaning supplies that could be harmful, and block off any areas of your home that you don’t want them to access (like the laundry room or bathroom).
2. Set up a designated area for your puppy. This will be their safe space where they can eat, sleep, and play without being disturbed. It’s a good idea to put their crate in this area, along with some toys and a comfortable bed.
3. Choose the right food and supplies. Your Yorkie will need a high-quality puppy food to help them grow and stay healthy. You’ll also need to get some basics like a collar, leash, and ID tags.
4. Socialize your puppy. Yorkies are social creatures, so it’s important to introduce them to other people and animals early on. This will help them feel comfortable in new situations and prevent any future behavior problems.
5 . Start potty training right away. Potty training can be a challenge, but it’s important to start as soon as your puppy arrives home. There are a variety of methods you can use, so talk to your breeder or veterinarian about what will work best for your Yorkie.
Follow these tips and you’ll be prepared for your new Yorkie puppy in no time.
Potty Training Your New Yorkie Puppy
One of the first things you need to do when you bring your new Yorkie puppy home is to start potty training. Potty training may seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. With a little patience and consistency, you can have your puppy potty trained in no time.
The first thing you need to do is create a schedule for your puppy. Puppies need to go potty frequently, so it’s important that you take them out often. A good rule of thumb is to take them out every two hours, or after they eat or drink.
When you take your puppy outside, be sure to use the same door each time. This will help them understand that this is where they need to go potty. Once they’re outside, take them to the same spot each time. This will help them understand that this is where they’re supposed to go.
Be sure to praise your puppy when they go potty in the correct spot. This will reinforce good behavior and help them understand that they’re doing what you want them to do.
If your puppy has an accident in the house, don’t punish them. Clean up the mess and move on. Punishing your puppy will only make them scared of you and confused about what you want from them.
Potty training takes time and patience, but it’s important to be consistent. With a little time and effort, you’ll have your puppy potty trained before you know it.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.