Yorkie Puppies for Sale in Georgia
Looking for Yorkshire Terrier puppies for sale in Georgia? Browse through our network of local puppy breeders in Georgia and find the right Yorkshire terrier puppy today.
Here at ReadPlease, we have compiled a list of the top Yorkie breeders in Georgia. We hope you find one that meets your needs.
One Thing You Need To Ask Your Dog Breeder
All of these breeders are AKC registered and have a good reputation. They are all located in different parts of the state, so you should be able to find one that is close to you.
If you are interested in a specific breeder, please contact them directly and ask about their current litters.
If you are looking for another type of dog, please feel free to check our homepage and I’m sure you can find what you are looking for. We will be happy to help you find the perfect match.
Yorkie Breeders List in Georgia
|Yorkies of South Georgia||Tifton, GA||229-326-3940||Website|
|Kirkland Kennels||Macon, GA||478-471-7831||Website|
|B & L Pets||Sycamore, GA||229-869-0697||Website|
|Kat’s Kennel||Pelham, GA||229-294-9843||Website|
|Dreamy Pups||Kennesaw, GA||678-310-9644||Website|
|Harrington Yorkies||Savannah, GA||912-748-7155||Website|
|Southern Star Yorkies||Douglasville, GA||678-665-8305||Website|
|Kayla’s Angel’s – Donna Sandefur||Byron, GA||478-919-8500||No Website|
|Donteria Ellison||Decatur, GA||404-668-3061||No Website|
|Allison Kennedy||Blackshear, GA||904-208-3538||No Website|
Yorkie Breeder Details in Georgia
Kayla’s Angel’s – Donna Sandefur
Alternative Places to Purchase a Yorkie Puppy
Yorkie Breeders in Other States
- Yorkie Breeders In Alabama
- Yorkie Breeders In Florida
- Yorkie Breeders In South Carolina
- Yorkie Breeders In Tennessee
For the complete list please see our Yorkie Breeders page.
What Is The Average Price for A Yorkie Puppy in Georgia?
The average price for a Yorkie puppy in Georgia is $1,000. This price can vary depending on the breeder and the specific dog you are looking for.
Some factors that can affect the price include coat color, size, pedigree, and health conditions.
You will also need to factor in the cost of vaccinations, spaying/neutering, and other routine care.
We highly recommend that you do your research before buying a puppy from any breeder. Be sure to ask lots of questions and get to know the breeder well.
What Are The Most Popular Yorkie Colors?
There are a few different colors that Yorkshire Terriers can come in. The most popular colors are black and tan, blue and tan, and brown and tan.
Other colors include parti-color (two colors), brindle (striped), and silver.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Yorkie Puppy in Georgia?
No, it is not possible to find a free Yorkie puppy in Georgia.
However, there are many reputable breeders who have puppies available for purchase. A good breeder will be able to provide you with all the information you need about the puppies, their parents, and their health history.
If you find a Yorkie puppy for free, you should be very wary. It is likely that the puppy has come from a neglectful or abusive home, and may have health problems as a result.
How to Find A Reputable Yorkie Breeder in Georgia
Here are 8 steps to finding a reputable Yorkie breeder:
1. Look for a breeder who is a member of the American Kennel Club or another reputable organization.
2. Find out how long the breeder has been in business.
3. Ask the breeder for references from past customers.
4. Ask to see the parents of the puppies you are interested in.
5. Make sure the puppies have been well socialized and have had their shots and been dewormed before they go home with you.
6. Get a written contract that spells out the terms of your purchase, including any guarantees or warranties.
7. Be prepared to pay more for a puppy from a reputable breeder than you would for one from a pet store or backyard breeder.
8. Be willing to wait for the right puppy from the right breeder. A good breeder will want to make sure you are a good match for their puppies.
Finding a reputable Yorkie breeder in Georgia is important if you want to get a healthy, well-adjusted puppy. Follow these tips to find a breeder who will provide you with a puppy that is a good fit for your family.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Yorkie Dog Breeder in Georgia
While there are many great Yorkie breeders in Georgia, there are some unethical ones.
Here are 7 tips to help you identify an unethical breeder:
1. They keep their dogs in poor conditions.
This includes things like keeping them in cages that are too small, not cleaning the cages properly, and not providing enough food or water.
2. They don’t give their dogs enough socialization.
This can mean that the dogs aren’t allowed to interact with people or other animals, which can lead to behavioral problems later on.
3. They don’t do health screenings on their dogs.
This means that they’re not checking for genetic disorders that could affect the dog’s health later on in life.
4. They don’t care who they sell to.
They sell their puppies to anyone who is willing to pay the price, without doing any sort of screening process themselves.
5. They don’t provide any sort of health guarantee.
This means that if your puppy ends up being sick or having genetic disorders, the breeder is not responsible.
6. They don’t keep in touch after you’ve bought a puppy from them.
If you have questions or problems after taking your puppy home, the breeder should be available to help you out.
7. They refuse to let you see where the puppies are being raised.
If the breeder is unwilling to let you see where the puppies are being raised, it’s a red flag that something might be wrong.
The best way to avoid getting a puppy from an unethical breeder is to do your research ahead of time and only deal with reputable breeders.
Visit Your Georgia Yorkie Breeder in Person
When you visit your potential breeder, you should see their Yorkies in their home environment and have the opportunity to meet the parents of your potential pup.
This is also a great time for you to ask any questions that you may have about the breed or our specific dogs. Good breeders want you to feel comfortable with your decision to purchase a Yorkie from them and they should be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.
Visiting the breeder will also give you a chance to see how the puppies are raised and what kind of environment they are kept in.
You will be able to see if the dogs seem happy and well-cared for and you can get a feel for the type of person that your potential breeder is.
A good breeder will want to meet you in person.
Questions to Ask Your Breeder
Ask for References from Your Yorkie Breeder in Georgia
If you decide to purchase your Yorkie from a breeder, always ask for references. A good breeder will be happy to provide them.
Ask the references about their experiences with the breeder and their puppy. Also, be sure to visit the breeder’s facility to see how the dogs are kept and handled.
Speaking with references will allow you to hear first-hand accounts of what it is like to work with the breeder and own one of their puppies. This will help you decide if the breeder is someone you want to do business with.
Ask Your Georgia Yorkie Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
You’re looking for a reputable Yorkie breeder in GA, and you’ve found one that seems to have everything in order.
But how can you be sure that this breeder is really as reputable as they seem?
One way to get some insight is to ask if you can meet some of their past customers.
A good breeder will be happy to put you in touch with families who have purchased puppies from them in the past, and these families will be able to tell you what their experience was like.
Meeting past customers will also give you a chance to see the adult dogs that the breeder has produced, and to get an idea of what your puppy’s eventual size and appearance might be.
If the Yorkie breeder you’re considering doesn’t want to put you in touch with any of their past customers, that’s a red flag and you should look elsewhere.
Does Your Georgia Yorkie Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
A good breeder will have a good relationship with a veterinarian that they use and trust for the health of their dogs. Ask the breeder who their veterinarian is and if they would recommend them.
Ask The Georgia Breeder if Your Yorkie Puppy Has Any Health Problems
Make sure you’re getting a healthy puppy by working with a Yorkie breeder in Georgia that can provide you with the necessary paperwork to prove your pup’s health and parentage.
You should feel confident that the breeder has nothing to hide, and is happy to answer any questions you may have about their dogs or business practices.
If the breeder refuses to allow you to see the parents of your prospective puppy, or if they seem evasive when answering your questions, it’s best to move on and find another breeder.
A good breeder will be open and transparent about their dogs and their business and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
What Type of Health Guarantee Does Your Georgia Yorkie Breeder Offer?
Most breeders will offer a health guarantee of some sort. This is important to ask about and get in writing. You should find out what specific genetic health issues are covered in the contract as well as how long the guarantee is good for.
Also, make sure you understand what exactly you have to do to keep the contract valid. Some breeders will require follow-up vet checkups while others may require that you purchase your pet supplies from them.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Yorkie Puppy
Here are 5 steps to help you prepare for your Yorkie puppy’s arrival:
1. Get a dog bed that is comfortable and the right size for your Yorkie. You want your puppy to have his own space where he can feel safe in.
2. Set up a designated eating area for your Yorkie. This will help him know where his food is and keep him from begging at the table.
3. Choose the right type of food for your Yorkie puppy. You’ll want to find a high-quality food that is specifically designed for small breed dogs.
4. Get some toys that will keep your Yorkie entertained and engaged. Some good options include Kongs, chew toys, and puzzle toys.
5. Puppy-proof your home by picking up any small objects that your Yorkie could choke on and making sure that all electrical cords are out of reach.
By following these steps, you’ll be well on your way to preparing your home for your new Yorkie puppy.
Potty Training Your New Yorkie Puppy
One of the first things you’ll need to do when you bring your new Yorkie puppy home is potty train them.
Potty training can be a bit of a challenge, but it’s definitely worth it in the end. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Start by establishing a regular potty schedule for your puppy. It’s important to take them out at the same times each day so they know when to expect it.
- When you take them out, go to the same spot each time. This will help them understand that this is where they should go.
- Be patient and don’t get frustrated if there are accidents. Puppies will have accidents, it’s just part of the process.
- Rewards are a great way to motivate your puppy. Give them a treat or praise them whenever they go potty in the right spot.
With a little patience and consistency, you’ll have your Yorkie potty trained in no time.
The Benefits of Purchasing A Yorkie from A Reputable Breeder
When looking for a Yorkie, it is important that you find a reputable breeder. There are many benefits to purchasing a Yorkie from a reputable breeder, including:
1. Reputable breeders have years of experience and knowledge about the Yorkie breed. They can help you select the right Yorkie for your family and provide you with information about how to care for your new pet.
2. Reputable breeders health test their dogs to ensure they are free of genetic diseases. This gives you peace of mind knowing that your new dog will be healthy and will have a long and happy life.
3. Reputable breeders stand behind their dogs. If you have any problems with your Yorkie, they will be there to help you.
4. Reputable breeders only sell puppies that they have bred themselves. This ensures that the puppies have been raised in a loving home environment and have had the best start in life possible.
5. Reputable breeders are passionate about the Yorkie breed and want to see them go to homes where they will be loved and cared for. They are not in it for the money, but rather for the love of the breed.
When looking for a Yorkie, be sure to find a reputable breeder. The benefits of purchasing a Yorkie from a reputable source far outweigh the risks of buying from an irresponsible breeder.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.