Yorkie Puppies for Sale in South Carolina
South Carolina is home to many Yorkie breeders. There are several things to consider when looking for the right Yorkie breeder in South Carolina.
The first step is to decide what size of Yorkie you are looking for. Some people prefer the smaller Yorkies, while others prefer the larger ones. Once you have decided on the size, it is time to start looking for a reputable breeder.
There are many ways to find a reputable Yorkie breeder in South Carolina. The best way is to check our list of reputable breeders down below.
You can also ask your friends and family if they know of any good breeders in the area. Another way is to search online for “Yorkie breeders” or “Yorkshire terrier breeders” and see what comes up.
Happy Yorkie Hunting!
Yorkie Breeders List in South Carolina
|Twila’s Yorkies||Loris, SC||843-504-9926||Website|
|Emerald Isle Yorkies||Greenville, SC||864-346-9818||Website|
|Paradise Yorkshire Terriers||Columbia, SC||719-671-8715||Website|
|Silver Bells Paw Prints||Elgin, SC||803-201-1213||Website|
|Blue Belle Baby Yorkies||Gaffney, SC||864-492-5825||No Website|
|Rachel Vazemiller||Chesnee, SC||864-655-9394||No Website|
|Posh Puppies||Mauldin, SC||864-720-0471||Website|
|Kayla J Howard||Greer, SC||864-426-0856||No Website|
Yorkie Breeder Details in South Carolina
Silver Bells Paw Prints
Blue Belle Baby Yorkies
Kayla J Howard
Alternative Places to Purchase a Yorkie Puppy
Yorkie Breeders in Other States
For the complete list please see our Listings of Yorkie Breeders page.
What Is The Average Price for A Yorkie Puppy in South Carolina?
The average price for a Yorkie in South Carolina is between $700 and $1000 depending on the breeder. Some breeders may have a higher price for their Yorkies, but this is the average price range that you should expect to pay.
Rare colors such as blue or liver can cost up to $1500.
Don’t forget there are other costs associated with owning a Yorkie puppy such as food, toys, leash, collar, vaccinations, spaying/neutering and other routine vet care.
When looking for a Yorkie breeder in South Carolina be sure to do your research to find a reputable breeder that has healthy puppies.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Yorkie Puppy in South Carolina?
It is possible to find a free Yorkie puppy in South Carolina, but it is not recommended. Free puppies are often from unethical breeders or have health problems.
If you are set on finding a free Yorkie, your best bet is to check with local shelters or rescues. Sometimes people have to give up their pets for various reasons and these organizations are always looking for good homes for these animals.
How to Find A Reputable Yorkie Breeder in South Carolina
Finding a reputable breeder is the most important step in finding the perfect Yorkie puppy.
Here are 8 tips on finding a responsible Yorkie breeder:
1. Do your research to find breeders that are reputable and have a good reputation in the community. Look for reviews online or ask your friends or family for recommendations.
2. When you contact potential breeders, ask about their health testing practices and standards for breeding healthy dogs. Good breeders will be able to provide clear information on the genetic and health history of their Yorkies and the puppies they have available.
3. It is important to visit a breeder in person to see how they care for their dogs and puppies, as well as how responsible they are when it comes to screening applicants who want to take home one of their pups. A good breeder will want you to meet the parents of any puppy you’re interested in, and they will have questions for you as well.
4. Be wary of any breeder who is not willing to let you meet the puppies’ parents or see where the puppies are being raised. A good breeder will be happy to show you around their facility and introduce you to the puppies’ parents.
5. Ask about the breeder’s return policy in case you end up with a sick puppy or one that is not a good fit for your family. A responsible breeder will want to help you find a suitable replacement puppy or refund your money if necessary.
6. Make sure you get a written contract from the breeder that outlines all of your rights and responsibilities, as well as the breeders. This will help protect you in case there are any problems later on.
7. Be prepared to pay a bit more for a Yorkie puppy from a reputable breeder, as they often charge higher prices to cover the cost of health testing and raising high-quality puppies. However, it is worth it to know that you’re getting a healthy, well-bred dog from a responsible source.
8. Finally, trust your gut instinct when meeting with potential breeders. If something doesn’t feel right, move on to another option. There are plenty of great breeders out there, so don’t settle for anything less than the best for your new furry friend.
The state of South Carolina has many reputable Yorkie breeders that are dedicated to breeding healthy, happy puppies.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Yorkie Dog Breeder in South Carolina
When searching for a reputable Yorkie breeder in South Carolina, it is important to be aware of the signs that may indicate an unethical breeder.
Unfortunately, there are individuals who breed Yorkshire Terriers for the wrong reasons, and these people often cut corners in order to make a quick profit. Below are some red flags to watch out for when considering a breeder:
- The breeder has numerous litters available. While it is not uncommon for a good breeder to have multiple litters available, be wary of those who seem to always have puppies on hand. This could be a sign that the dogs are being bred too frequently, which can lead to health problems.
- Puppies are not well socialized. A good breeder will take the time to socialize their puppies, exposing them to a variety of people, places, and experiences. Puppies who seem fearful or anxious around people may not have been properly socialized.
- The breeder is not knowledgeable about the breed. A reputable breeder will be able to answer your questions about the Yorkshire Terrier breed in detail. They should also be able to provide you with information about the dog’s ancestry and health history.
- The breeding operation appears dirty or cramped. The dogs should be kept in clean, spacious quarters where they have room to exercise.
- The breeder refuses to allow you to see the parents of the puppies. A good breeder will have no problem showing you the parents of the puppies, and may even offer to let you meet them in person.
If you encounter any of these red flags when searching for a Yorkie breeder in South Carolina, it is best to move on and find another breeder.
Visit Your South Carolina Yorkie Breeder in Person
When you find a Yorkie breeder in South Carolina that you’re interested in working with, it’s important to visit them in person.
This allows you to see the conditions that the dogs are being kept in and meet the people who will be taking care of your dog.
It’s also a good opportunity to ask any questions that you may have about the Yorkie breed or the specific dog that you’re interested in.
If you’re not able to visit the Yorkie breeder in person, make sure to do your research before making any decisions.
There are many reputable online sources that can provide you with information about Yorkie breeders in South Carolina SC. The more you know, the better equipped you’ll be to make a decision that’s right for you and your family.
Questions to Ask Your Breeder
Ask for References from Your Yorkie Breeder in South Carolina
A good breeder will have no problem giving you references from other people who have purchased puppies from them in the past.
These references can give you some insight into what it is like to work with the breeder and whether or not they are reputable.
References can also tell you what kind of puppies the breeder has and how they interact with their customers.
So be sure to ask your Yorkie breeder in South Carolina if they have references available, and take some time to talk to these previous customers before making a final decision.
Ask Your South Carolina Yorkie Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
If you’re looking for a reputable, high-quality Yorkie breeder in South Carolina, always ask if you can meet some of their past customers.
A good breeder will happily provide references or even put you in touch with past buyers who can attest to the health and temperament of the puppies they received.
Meeting past customers also gives you an opportunity to see the living conditions of the dogs and get an idea of what kind of environment your puppy was raised in.
Past customers can give you a firsthand account of what it was like to work with the breeder and can tell you whether or not they would recommend them to others.
If a South Carolina Yorkie breeder refuses to provide references, that should be a major red flag and you should move on to another breeder.
Does Your South Carolina Yorkie Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
A good breeder will have a solid relationship with a veterinarian that they trust and use on a regular basis.
This is important for the health of the puppies and the peace of mind of the buyers. The breeder should be able to provide you with the contact information for their vet so that you can verify their credentials.
The breeder should also be able to provide you with references from other families who have purchased puppies from them in the past. These references can give you an idea of what to expect in terms of temperament, health, and overall quality of the pup.
Ask The South Carolina Breeder if Your Yorkie Puppy Has Any Health Problems
All breeds have health problems, but sometimes it can be hard to find out if your breeder is being honest with you when they tell you that their puppies do not have any health problems.
You will want to ask your South Carolina Yorkie Breeder for a written guarantee that the puppy is healthy and has been treated well by the family who raised it. It may also help to find out what treatments were provided.
What Type of Health Guarantee Does Your South Carolina Yorkie Breeder Offer?
When looking for a new Yorkie puppy, it’s important to find a breeder that offers a health guarantee.
This type of guarantee gives you peace of mind knowing that your new puppy comes from a healthy bloodline and has been properly cared for.
A good breeder will be able to provide you with all the necessary paperwork to prove that your puppy is indeed healthy.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Yorkie Puppy
Now, it’s time to get your home ready for your new puppy’s arrival.
One of the first things you’ll need to do is create a designated space for your puppy to sleep, eat and play.
This can be done by setting up a crate or enclosure in a quiet area of your home. If you have other pets, make sure this space is large enough so that they cannot reach each other through the bars or walls.
You’ll also want to line the bottom of the space with soft bedding, such as towels or blankets, and place a few toys inside.
Next, you’ll need to puppy-proof your home by removing any potential hazards. This includes anything that could be swallowed, such as small objects or toxic plants.
You’ll also want to secure any loose wires or cords and make sure all cleaning products are out of reach.
Once you’ve done this, you can create a safe outdoor space for your puppy to explore.
This can be done by fencing in a small area of your yard or using a leash when taking your puppy for walks.
By following these steps, you can make sure your home is safe and welcoming for your new Yorkie puppy.
Potty Training Your New Yorkie Puppy
Now that you have your new Yorkie puppy home, it is time to begin potty training. While every puppy is different, there are some general tips that will help make the process as smooth as possible for both of you.
The first step is to create a schedule for your puppy. They will need to go out first thing in the morning, as well as after each meal and before bed. Stick to this schedule as closely as possible so that your puppy knows when to expect a trip outside.
When you take your puppy out, choose a designated spot in your yard and take them there each time. This will help them understand that this is where they should go to do their business. Once they have done their business, be sure to praise them so that they know they have done something good.
If your puppy has an accident in the house, do not punish them. This will only make them afraid of you and confuse them about what they are supposed to do. Instead, simply clean up the mess and try to prevent accidents from happening in the future by keeping a close eye on your puppy and taking them outside frequently.
With patience and consistency, potty training your Yorkie puppy will be a breeze.
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.