Doberman Puppies for Sale in Georgia
Doberman Pinschers are a very popular breed and it’s no wonder why. They’re obedient, smart, and make great loyal companions.
Here at Local ReadPlease, we have all the information you need to choose the perfect breeder in your area, including contact information and website links.
We’ve also gathered helpful sections on Doberman breeders, care, training, and more to help you along the way.
If you’re ready to add a Doberman Pinscher to your family, start your search here.
Doberman Breeders List in Georgia
|Shady Grove Kennel||East Dublin, GA||478-279-5658||Website|
|Pamelot / Bay Creek Kennels||Loganville, GA||770-466-8944||Website|
|Crystal Black||Resaca, GA||770-548-6622||No Website|
|Windy Nights Weims &
Cover of Vogue Dobermans
|Doberman Gang Kennels||Eatonton, GA||706-473-3731||No Website|
|Aegys Kennels||Statesboro, GA||912-531-2177||Website|
|Marbendale Dobermans||Shady Dale, GA||678-602-7352||No Website|
|April Dillon||Dalton, GA||706-313-2813||No Website|
Doberman Breeder Details in Georgia
Shady Grove Kennel
East Dublin, GA
Pamelot / Bay Creek Kennels
Windy Nights Weims & Cover of Vogue Dobermans
Doberman Gang Kennels
Shady Dale, GA
Alternative Places to Purchase A Doberman Puppy
Doberman Breeders in Other States
- Doberman Breeders In Florida
- Doberman Breeders In Kentucky
- Doberman Breeders In Louisiana
- Doberman Breeders In Virginia
For the complete list please see our Listings of Doberman Breeders page.
What Is The Average Price for A Doberman Puppy in Georgia?
The average price for a Doberman Pinscher in Georgia is $1,200.
This price can vary depending on many factors, including the breeder’s location, the litter’s size, and more.
Other costs of owning a puppy, such as food, supplies, and training, should also be considered.
When searching for a Doberman Pinscher in Georgia, it’s important to find a reputable breeder who can provide you with all the information you need to make a well-informed decision.
Be sure to ask questions, visit the litter in person, and get a contract that outlines the breeder’s health and genetic guarantees.
Don’t forget to have your new pup examined by a veterinarian within 48 hours of bringing him home.
Is It Possible to Find A Free Doberman Puppy in Georgia?
Dobermans are one of the most popular dog breeds in America, and their popularity means that there is a high demand for Doberman puppies.
This demand has created a market for unscrupulous breeders who are looking to make a quick profit by selling sick or poorly-bred puppies.
“Free” puppies are often not really free.
They may be from a puppy mill, where animals are kept in poor conditions and not given the veterinary care they need to stay healthy.
A “free” Doberman might also have behavioral or health issues that make it unsuitable as a pet.
With so many good breeders in Georgia, there is really no reason to risk getting a bad puppy by trying to find one for free.
It’s always better to get your new pet from a reputable breeder who can match you with just the right puppy for your family’s needs and lifestyle.
If you are set on finding a free Doberman puppy in Georgia, your best bet is to check with your local animal shelter.
How to Find A Reputable Doberman Breeder in Georgia
Finding a reputable dog breeder is the most important part of the puppy buying process. A good breeder will set the tone for how your experience goes.
Here are 8 tips to find a responsible dog breeder:
1. Do your research: The best way to find a reputable breeder is to do your homework in advance. Ask around for recommendations from friends, family, and your veterinarian. Once you have a few names, take to the internet and read reviews.
2. Find a breeding facility that meets your standards: When you visit a potential breeder, pay attention to their facilities. Are the animals well-cared for? Do they have plenty of food and water? Is the environment clean? These are all important factors in determining whether or not a breeder is responsible.
3. Ask questions: A good breeder will be more than happy to answer any questions you have about their dogs and their breeding practices. If they seem evasive or unwilling to answer your questions, move on.
4. Get to know the parents: When you visit a breeding facility, take the time to meet the parents of the puppies you’re interested in. This will give you a good idea of what to expect in terms of temperament and health.
5. Make sure the breeder is registered: Reputable breeders will be registered with organizations like the American Kennel Club (AKC) or United Kennel Club (UKC). This registration is proof that they are committed to responsible breeding practices.
6. Request references: A reputable breeder will have no problem providing you with references from previous buyers. These references can be a valuable resource in helping you make your decision.
7. Inspect the paperwork: Before you take your new puppy home, make sure you receive all the relevant paperwork, including a health certificate from a licensed veterinarian. This paperwork will be important if you ever need to take your dog to the vet for any reason.
8. Be prepared to pay a fair price: Reputable breeders charge reasonable prices for their puppies, typically between $500 and $2000. If you’re being asked to pay less than this, beware – it could be a sign that the breeder is not reputable.
When you follow these tips, you’ll be well on your way to finding a reputable Doberman breeder in Georgia.
Look out for The Signs of An Unethical Doberman Dog Breeder in Georgia
There are many wonderful breeders in Georgia but unfortunately, there are the unscrupulous ones.
Here are 8 signs to help you identify an unethical breeder:
1. They refuse to let you visit their breeding facility or kennel.
2. They do not check references from potential buyers, including previous experiences with the breed and health records of existing animals in their care.
3. They are unwilling to provide information about their breeding practices, including the lineage and medical history of dogs used for breeding purposes.
4. Their facilities look unclean and unkempt, with visible signs of poor animal welfare practices like overcrowding, unhealthy food or water bowls, and dirty cages or enclosures.
5. They have a high number of dogs that seem unhealthy or exhibit aggressive behaviors towards people or other animals, suggesting that they may be under-socialized or not given proper veterinary care.
6. They are overly willing to sell puppies or dogs, often at low prices that suggest they may be trying to offload animals with health problems or breeding deficiencies.
7. They seem evasive about questions about the genetic background of their dogs, which can indicate a lack of proper screening and testing before breeding dogs together.
8. They do not include warranties or guarantees on their puppies, which means you could potentially end up with an unhealthy or unvaccinated animal without any recourse if something goes wrong.
If you encounter a breeder who exhibits any of these signs, it is best to walk away from the deal and look for a more ethical option instead.
By doing so, you can help keep the Doberman breed healthy and free from unscrupulous breeding practices.
Visit Your Georgia Doberman Breeder in Person
Visiting your breeder is one of the most important steps you can take in finding your new Doberman.
This is your opportunity to meet the people who will be responsible for breeding, raising and selling you a healthy, happy puppy.
While visiting, pay close attention to the cleanliness of the kennels and the overall health of the dogs.
Be sure to ask lots of questions about the breeder’s experience, their dogs’ health history and what type of temperament each dog has.
If you are looking for a reputable Doberman breeder in Georgia, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the breeder is a member of the American Kennel Club (AKC)
- Choose a breeder who has extensive knowledge of the breed and can help you find exactly what you are looking for
- Choose a breeder who is committed to ensuring that all of their dogs are healthy and well-cared for
- Ask to see the breeder’s facilities and meet the dogs in person before making your final decision
Questions to Ask Your Breeder
Ask for References from Your Doberman Breeder in Georgia
When you start talking with potential Doberman breeders in Georgia, make sure to ask each one for references.
Most ethical and professional dog breeders will be happy to provide you with a list of people who have purchased puppies from them in the past.
These references can give you some insight into what it is really like to work with the breeder and whether or not they are likely to sell you a healthy puppy.
In addition to asking for references, take some time to read online reviews of the different Doberman breeders in Georgia that you are considering.
A simple Google search can reveal a wealth of information about other people’s experiences with these breeders.
Ask Your Georgia Doberman Breeder if You Can Meet Past Customers
If you want to find a reputable Doberman breeder in Georgia, ask if you can meet past customers.
Meeting past customers will give you a good idea of what to expect.
They can give you a firsthand account of the kind of care that was provided to the puppies, as well as their overall happiness during the transition from birth to their new home.
They will also be able to tell you about any challenges they had during the process, and how the breeder handled those issues.
If a Doberman breeder in Georgia is unwilling to allow you this opportunity, it may be best to seek out another breeder.
A reputable breeder will be happy to put you in touch with past customers.
Does Your Georgia Doberman Breeder Have A Good Veterinarian They Use?
When you’re looking for a Doberman breeder, it’s important to make sure that they have the resources necessary to take care of your puppy once it’s born.
This includes having a good veterinarian that they work with on a regular basis.
Your breeder should have a strong relationship with their vet so that they can get the best possible care for your puppy.
If you’re not comfortable with the vet that your breeder uses, then you should look for another breeder.
Ask The Georgia Breeder if Your Doberman Puppy Has Any Health Problems
One of the main reasons that most people decide to buy from a reputable Doberman breeder in GA is because they want to guarantee that their dog will be completely healthy.
Remember, your pet offers you companionship and unconditional love, which makes it very important for you to take good care of them.
No matter how much time and money you spend on this breed, there’s always a chance that health problems may arise after some years.
It would not be surprising if your puppy comes with pre-existing health conditions or genetic disorders due to his parents’ poor breeding practices.
It is essential that you ask The Georgia Breeder if they know whether or not your puppy has any type of health issue before bringing him/her home.
What Type of Health Guarantee Does Your Georgia Doberman Breeder Offer?
Some Doberman breeders in Georgia may offer health guarantees or even lifetime guarantees.
A typical guarantee will be for two years and will cover things such as congenital defects.
This is especially important if you are planning on showing or breeding your Doberman.
A good breeder will be able to provide you with all the necessary paperwork, including AKC registration papers and proof of shots and dewormings.
How to Prepare Your Home for Your Doberman Puppy
So you’ve decided to add a Doberman Pinscher to your family. Congratulations! Dobermans make great companions and are incredibly loyal.
But before you bring your new puppy home, there are a few things you’ll need to do to prepare your home for their arrival.
1. Puppy-proof your home. Doberman puppies are full of energy and love to explore. They’ll put anything and everything in their mouth, so it’s important to remove any objects that could be harmful if chewed on or swallowed. Be sure to pick up any loose items off the floor, including small toys, socks, and cords. You should also block off any areas of your home that you don’t want your puppy to have access to, like the garbage can or your bedroom.
2. Create a safe space. Set up a crate or dog bed in a quiet area of your home where your puppy can feel comfortable and safe. This will be their personal space where they can go to relax and escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
3. Get the essentials. Puppies need food, water, toys, a collar and leash, and a few other things to get started. Be sure to do your research so you’re prepared with the right supplies for your new pup.
4. Puppy-proof your yard. If you have a backyard, take some time to make sure it’s safe for your puppy before they start exploring on their own. Be sure to remove anything that could be dangerous, like small toys and rocks.
Getting ready for your Doberman puppy is an exciting time, but it’s also a lot of work.
Good luck and have fun being a new dog parent!
Steve is passionate about dogs and owns a french bulldog. He is actively involved with a local bulldog rescue and when he’s not pal’ing around with his bulldog, Frank you’ll find him on the golf course.